Brexit - merged threads

scouser

A possible foretaste. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8412379/tommy-robinson-brexit-jacob-rees-mogg/

Just now, oowee said:

Not the case. If it was an MP I would agree but a civil servant no. 

I don't see what difference that makes? 

I cant see the EU being an issue for delay. More money in the tin. 

We are already in a state of chaos. Who knows whos said what or agreed anything in a few weeks time let alone election date? 

You haven't seen chaos yet, trust me. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The difference is pension he needs 3 years at this level and 5 to get out before he plays an ace. 

Interesting if the delay were a long one say 18 months. Put some additional far right mep's in place and give them time to spread some dissent before we leave 🙂 

Just now, panoma1 said:

It was reportedly......... in a bar! 😜 Hic.......

No don't doubt he did it but  it will not have been deliberate. 🙂 

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

No don't doubt he did it but  it will not have been deliberate

What makes you think that? It has all the hallmarks of the classic 'leak' 

Are you saying he didn't notice Angus Mcdonald sitting within earshot? 

Please 😂

In fact I'll go further, Robbins probably briefed him, and the told him to say it was 'overheard' in a bar. 

The desired result 

Panicked ministers deny claims they want to delay Brexit after bombshell leak reveals plan to run the clock down

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8416583/brexit-latest-delay-brexit-run-down-clock-leak/

Edited by Rewulf
Damn phone!

Just now, Rewulf said:

What makes you think that? It has all the hallmarks of the classic 'leak' 

Are you saying he didn't notice Angus Mcdonald sitting within earshot? 

Please 😂

Who knows but what I do know is a recently promoted CS will not want to do anything to jepordise his 3 year consolidation and possible 5 year exit plan. I suspect he just got a bit carried away. To deliberately do it he would ask for the instruction in writing as he will know he faces an investigation. 

Just now, oowee said:

Who knows but what I do know is a recently promoted CS will not want to do anything to jepordise his 3 year consolidation and possible 5 year exit plan. I suspect he just got a bit carried away. To deliberately do it he would ask for the instruction in writing as he will know he faces an investigation

And? 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

I suspect he just got a bit carried away.

As a (very senior) career Civil Servant accustomed to handling sensitive matters, he will have been fully aware not to talk 'business' in public places.  It is one of the most basic rules of the trade.  If he got 'carried away' and disclosed sensitive material, that is a serious matter for someone in his position.  People handling sensitive information cannot afford to get 'carried away'.

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

To deliberately do it he would ask for the instruction in writing as he will know he faces an investigation.

He may well have it in writing ....... and if so would know that it would be sufficiently sensitive that it would not be disclosed.  Remember Sir Humphrey and the 'leak enquiry'.

I am also inclined to believe it was a planned leak.

This should explain a bit about Olly............

ormer Cabinet Minister John Whittingdale has given a frank assessment of Olly Robbins’ track record as Theresa May’s top adviser on Politics Live. And May went along with it ahttps://order-order.com/ll…    

and here is some more good news........................

The latest ONS inflation figures have found that UK inflation has fallen to a two-year low of 1.8%,in another blow to Remainer guff about Brexit pushing the cost of household items up significantly. Presumably the same people who were complaining it was too high a few months ago will now be complaining it’s too low…

Despite Brexit !

https://order-order.com/             Thanks Guido...............!

and there,s more.......................

Olly Robbins has ended up in a significant amount of hot water after a sensational scoop from ITV’s Angus Walker in Brussels, who overheard Theresa May’s chief negotiator talking loudly to two colleagues in a Brussels hotel bar on Monday night. His remarks more or less confirmed all of Brexiteers’ worst fears that the wool is being pulled very firmly over their eyes…

Robbins’ revealed his plan to force the deal through by letting it go down to the wire and using the threat of a “long” extension to bully MPs into voting for the deal, saying “… Got to make them believe that the week beginning end of March… Extension is possible but if they don’t vote for the deal then the extension is a long one…” The Government’s long-held position has been firmly against any extension of Article 50. Now Robbins wants to weaponise that possibility to blackmail MPs. Forget the EU, it is clearer than ever that the UK’s own chief negotiator is not negotiating in good faith…

Robbins also boasted about the true nature of the backstop, revealing that it was not intended to be a “safety net” as it has been sold publicly but actually a “bridge” to the future relationship – exactly as his opposite number Sabine Weyand told EU ambassadors the day after the deal was agreed. Robbins told his companions: “The big clash all along is the ‘safety net’… We agreed a bridge but it came out as a ‘safety net’.” This blows another massive hole in May’s key commitments – this time on leaving the customs union. Robbins is answerable directly to the Prime Minister. How can she continue to stand up at the Despatch Box telling MPs one thing while allowing her chief negotiator to run round Brussels saying the complete opposite?

https://order-order.com/

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

That would be music to Brexiteers ears! 😃

Don,t bet on it...he,s as slippery as they come. 

boles-deselection.jpg?resize=540%2C325&ssl=1

Last night Grantham Conservative Association’s Executive Council voted unanimously to start the process of selecting their candidate for the next General Election. Usually this process is a formality undertaken just before an election with the executive simply waving the incumbent candidate through. If the executive do not vote to approve the incumbent, it goes to a ballot of the full local membership…

This morning the Association Chairman sent a letter to the local party membership attempting to downplay the executive’s moves last night, claiming that the media had carried “exaggerated reports of deselection moves on the part of the Association.” The local party chairman insisted that the party executive are “merely trying to ascertain what Nick’s intentions are for the future.” Last year Boles revealed he intended to resign the Conservative whip if the Government were to pursue No Deal…

The Conservative Party Constitution is ambiguous on the time an incumbent MP can take to respond to their local party’s request to apply to be re-selected for the next election. If Boles holds off submitting a formal reselection request then the executive can’t hold the reselection vote, and it’s not clear if they can actually force him to do so. Reportedly 300 local members have sent the local party letters regarding Boles’ position on Brexit. Failing to clarify if he wishes to continue as a Conservative will only fan the flames…

The night of the Long Knives is coming for those who are going against the wishes of the people! This is just the beginning...a lot more to be deselected. Soubry is next, then Greening.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I wonder if someone has finally told him to shut the **** up?

44 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Well that is a polar shift, I wonder what has turned him, maybe the fear of being exposed yet again if we hard brexit and the UK does better than what was predicted if we remain or soft brexit? 

7 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Well that is a polar shift, I wonder what has turned him, maybe the fear of being exposed yet again if we hard brexit and the UK does better than what was predicted if we remain or soft brexit? 

Well hes got everything wrong so far, so he might as well try the other side 😂

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ollies either on the naughty chair if you believe oowee, or collected a bonus this month for 'services' rendered if you follow my line of thinking.

Hes a rising star, watch out for him in the future.

Here's a conspiracy theory, maybe oowee is really olly Robins. 😂😂😂

EUROZONE-INDUSTRIAL-PRODUCTION-copy.png?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1

Just days after the European Commission slashed the Eurozone’s growth forecasts for 2019, the Eurozone’s economic prospects took another blow with the latest industrial production data showing even sharper declines than predicted. Eurostat’s December data found a 0.9% month-on-month decline in industrial output for the Eurozone. Economists had only predicted a 0.4% fall…

This translates to a whopping 4.2% year-on-year decline, significantly worse than the 3.2% predicted. Yet Remainers are still desperate to shackle the UK to an economic bloc with severe structural flaws and in long-term decline…

I bet oowee has a remedy for this...........