Brexit - merged threads

scouser

Just back from Gym 🙂 

I reckon Ollie has dropped a bol.... and will be for a grilling. I doubt he will go anywhere as they are short of and running out of people to replace him, but who knows. 

I can't read the rest of that Mark Carney link as I do not have access. I can't believe that he has changed his position but it certainly looks that way. 

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Here's a conspiracy theory, maybe oowee is really olly Robins. 😂😂😂

LOL 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Wall Street Journal writes:

Incredible Shrinking Europe
The Continent’s grand unity project is failing, and its global influence is fading.

Last week offered fresh evidence that the most consequential historical shift of the last 100 years continues: the decline of Europe as a force in world affairs. As Deutsche Bank warned of a German recession, the European Commission cut the 2019 eurozone growth forecast from an already anemic 1.9% to 1.3%. Economic output in the eurozone was lower in 2017 than it was in 2009; over that same period, gross domestic product grew 139% in China, 96% in India, and 34% in the U.S., according to the World Bank.

More at:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/incredible-shrinking-europe-11549928481

This what I found on Guido Fawkes....https://order-order.com/2019/02/13/eurozone-industrial-production-plunges-even-faster-expected/#disqus_thread

Mark Carney

The Bank has already cut its UK growth forecasts, partly due to Brexit issues.

In a speech at the Barbican, in London, Mr Carney said trade tensions and Brexit are "manifestations of fundamental pressures to reorder globalisation", and that quitting the bloc could undermine global expansion.

"At the same time, there is a risk that countries turn inwards, undercutting growth and prosperity for all."

I can't see a lot of positive but it was mostly re no deal. 

7 hours ago, oowee said:

Mark Carney

The Bank has already cut its UK growth forecasts, partly due to Brexit issues.

In a speech at the Barbican, in London, Mr Carney said trade tensions and Brexit are "manifestations of fundamental pressures to reorder globalisation", and that quitting the bloc could undermine global expansion.

"At the same time, there is a risk that countries turn inwards, undercutting growth and prosperity for all."

I can't see a lot of positive but it was mostly re no deal. 

That,s not ALL he said.............".In many respects, Brexit is the first test of a new global order and could prove the acid test of whether a way can be found to broaden the benefits of openness while enhancing democratic accountability. Brexit can lead to a new form of international cooperation and cross-border commerce built on a better balance of local and supranational authorities. In these respects, Brexit could affect both the short and long-term global outlooks."    Did you just quote the bits that fit your narrative?

www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/speech/2019/the-global-outlook-speech-by-mark-carney.pdf?la=en&hash=6725EA590D46F11FBFD

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

Following the Re-Moaning of the Airbus Group that they may well move production out of the UK due to the uncertainty around Brexit!

It now appears that they are cancelling the 12 year run of the A380 Super Carrier due to reduced order numbers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-13/airbus-is-said-near-decision-to-cancel-a380-after-a-dozen-years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47231504

I do wish they could make up their minds with regard to who or what to blame!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Spellage!

This is the  level that Remoaners, The Peoples Vote, have sunk to!paul-tomlin-re.jpg?resize=540%2C346&ssl=1https://youtu.be/dEqMjtqrAVs

The embattled People’s Vote campaign have released a new video featuring someone who claims to have voted Leave but now changed his mind to support Remain. It already has a combined 150,000 views across Facebook and Twitter. Unfortunately for them, ‘Paul from Stoke’ is actually hyper-remain political activist Paul Tomlin, who even says he’s ‘proud to be a Londoner’…

THE VIDEO IS NOW ON YOU TUBE..... they may have taken it down from Twitter, and Facebook, but they cannot hide on the internet!

In the run up to the vote he pleaded with family and friends to ‘vote to stay’, posted that he will ‘get his country back’ if Britain votes to remain, and warned that ‘if we vote to leave there is no way back’. On the day of the results he lamented the Brexit vote with a vile post celebrating Nigel Farage’s plane crash.

Even more vile, in May 2016 he posted a picture of children in a Nazi death camp saying that voting to leave the EU would risk another holocaust.

This is who People’s Vote chose as their poster boy. Can they plausibly pretend that they didn’t know he voted Remain. Or did they tell him to lie..?

Now he proudly sharing the lie on Facebook:

Guido has reached out to Paul Tomlin for comment. He may well have “Bregrets” about his decisions now…

Come on guys, copy this to everyone you know, on every social media platform, and kill this rubbish stone dead!

https://order-order.com/2019/02/14/peoples-votes-bregret-poster-boy-actually-voted-remain/#disqus_thread

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

The Dutch Foreign Minister has launched his country’s Brexit Impact Scan with a fluffy blue muppety mascot. The UK is the third largest export destination for Dutch businesses, almost twice as large as France and Italy. Pushing the message “make sure Brexit doesn’t stand in your way” the government is doing more than most to prepare for a clean break in just 43 days time.

The Dutch government has already hired nearly 1,000 extra customs officials to prepare for a No Deal Brexit. Their Brexit Impact Scan tells businesses that:

“The United Kingdom – England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – will leave the European Union (EU) on 29 March 2019. That means that they step out of the internal market and customs union.”

If only the UK government was as unequivocal…

https://order-order.com/

Unequivocal that's about right. 

Dutch government unveils a furry Brexit monster - as it warns Britain is a 'waning' country

The so-called Brexit muppet will also feature in a social media campaign ‘literally getting in the way of business’ by blocking trucks and conveyor belts, the government has said.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said in an interview published in the Financial Times on Thursday that around 250 businesses were close to a decision to move to the Netherlands from a ‘diminished’ Britain because of Brexit.

He also said that Britain is a ‘waning country’, which is too small to stand alone in the world.

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

Dutch government unveils a furry Brexit monster - as it warns Britain is a 'waning' country

The so-called Brexit muppet will also feature in a social media campaign ‘literally getting in the way of business’ by blocking trucks and conveyor belts, the government has said.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said in an interview published in the Financial Times on Thursday that around 250 businesses were close to a decision to move to the Netherlands from a ‘diminished’ Britain because of Brexit.

He also said that Britain is a ‘waning country’, which is too small to stand alone in the world.

Mark Rutte 😂 

Someone to pay attention to, with his tenuous grip on government,  https://www.politico.eu/article/mark-rutte-dutch-politics-eu-netherlands-european-union-brussels/ and very very poor judgement https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/dutch-government-faces-outcry-over-reported-support-syrian-rebels

I think Id rather listen to Carney! 
Rutte sees his cosy future as an EU commissioner, THATS why he has engaged his gob this time.
A favour for a favour ?

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Mark Rutte 😂 

Someone to pay attention to, with his tenuous grip on government,  https://www.politico.eu/article/mark-rutte-dutch-politics-eu-netherlands-european-union-brussels/ and very very poor judgement https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/dutch-government-faces-outcry-over-reported-support-syrian-rebels

I think Id rather listen to Carney! 
Rutte sees his cosy future as an EU commissioner, THATS why he has engaged his gob this time.
A favour for a favour ?

Dont know him from Adam but filling in the gaps for Pinman or should that be Guido 🙂 

Waiting for something to happen re Brexit any moment now. 

56 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And we edge closer to a NO DEAL!

and i thought you were just going to "lurke" for a while.....................you just cant help yourself can you..:lol:.............bring back KW............he would have loved this thread

Edited by ditchman

57 minutes ago, ditchman said:

and i thought you were just going to "lurke" for a while.....................you just cant help yourself can you...............bring back KW............he would have loved this thread

Is this thread a record? I can't imagine even the Viking rebuild a landrover thread made it to these dizzy levels. Also impressive that despite polarised nature of positions it's been mostly (with a few name calling exceptions :lol:) pretty amicable. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Is this thread a record? I can't imagine even the Viking rebuild a landrover thread made it to these dizzy levels. Also impressive that despite polarised nature of positions it's been mostly (with a few name calling exceptions ) pretty amicable. 

i think most people are pretty fed up with the inability of so called parlimentarians to sort this mess out on both sides.............

19 hours ago, oowee said:

Another idiot! Figures do not lie, the EU is heading towards recession. The Dutch Foreign Minister disagrees with him.......

18 hours ago, oowee said:

Dont know him from Adam but filling in the gaps for Pinman or should that be Guido 🙂 

Waiting for something to happen re Brexit any moment now. 

Rutte is living in cuckoo land! The Wall Street Journal has just come out with an article stating that the EU is in decline, and does not have a bright future. And I use Guido simply because you cannot rely on the biased, bigoted BBC to bring the stories that matter to our attention. His site is usually a couple of days ahead of the rest of the news pack......................and as for accuracy, he,s never been successfully sued............................unlike some newspapers!

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Just heard May defeated again. Back to the drawing board.

It was a meaningless vote, does not have the power to stop anything.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Let us WANE, we can start again without the unnecessary influence of the unvoted European hierarchy!

Its funny when theyre talking about us doing badly, waning ?
They want to look to themselves, even Germanys feeling the bite, Greece, Italy, Portugal, anti establishment and Frexit riots in France about to enter their 14 week !
Yeah theyre doing great !
Yes , we have a  parliament using Brexit to jockey for power, but thats all it is, far more than 52 % of this country have accepted we ARE leaving the EU, and as Moggy pointed out last night, the ERG are not trying to frustrate anything, they are trying to deliver the will of that majority.
When the rest of parliament wakes up and remembers who put them there, then we can get it done and deliver what that majority wants.
NOT what THEY want.