Brexit - merged threads

scouser

4 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Is this the same Independent who don't appear to be aware of the ongoing riots in France? They seem to have stopped two months ago.

Macron has had 18 weeks to get these riots and demos under control, he has finally come up with a cunning plan 😆

Hes going to 'ban' them :whistling:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47609978

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Is this the same Independent who don't appear to be aware of the ongoing riots in France?

It is called The Independent because its coverage and views are 'independent' of any actual facts or real life - and simply the 'independent' thoughts of their journalist news creation team.

Edited by JohnfromUK

12 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not ignoring your last post Rewulf but life (deer stalking) just got in the way.

:good:

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It is called The Independent because its coverage and views are 'independent' of any actual facts or real life - and simply the thoughts of their journalist news creation team.

:lol:

8 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

The EU says it may not grant an extension beyond 23 May. Any delay must be agreed by all 27 member states.

It’s either leave with No deal then or knock Brexit on the head, I know where my polling cards will go local elections the shredder.  😀

Edited by blackbird

Just now, Lloyd90 said:

The EU has just said, they will not grant an extension unless Mays deal is passed in parliament first! 

Theyre throwing their last bet down.
Bully  the UK parliament into voting Mays deal through, or its the big scary no deal scenario.

Just now, sportsbob said:

Allegedly Tusk has just said only a short extension would be considered if the house agreed on the withdrawal agreement .

How do they know that the 27 council members will grant the extension, I think they know they wont.

6 minutes ago, Dekers said:

I don't care how much short term pain there is I want OUT on 29!

NO DEAL is better than Mays deal!

I hope Parliament take offence at this absolutely joke from Tusk, tell him to get stuffed and we just bloody leave! 

18 minutes ago, Dekers said:

Exactly....to many MP's actually want to stay!

The MPs are probably happy with Brussels making all the decisions, that way there not responsible for anything, they just keep taking the bread and the ****

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Small but important 😄

Why ?

:lol: Really, makes you wonder what you see in this country, we are so small and insignificant ?

Because its a debt that the UK  agreed it will pay.

You were suggesting earlier negotiating a new deal from outside the EU. This will require all countries to agree. Some countries will need to be encouraged by the EU (Paid) to do a deal. That will be expensive. Let alone demands that Spain and France could request. Simple fact is we will get a better deal negotiated from within than your suggestion that we do this from the outside using a Norway or Canada deal as a temporary solution. 

42 minutes ago, Dekers said:

I don't care how much short term pain there is I want OUT on 29!

NO DEAL is better than Mays deal!

I want  to find a deal so does your pension. 

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I don't believe there is an established definition but from my perspective it's people that are hell bent on a no deal Brexit and who take the view that Leave won so everyone who voted leave aligns with their version of leave and everbody else's view does not matter (because they lost). But as you suggest all this is about perspective. I would expect a "hard line Brexiteer" to view my position as one of pretty extreme Liberal but in fact through the tests I've taken my views are more or less centre (left of centre on some topics, right on others).

I think the only reason anyone is hell bent on a "hard" brexit is because they know it is the only option that will actually deliver on the referendum result. 

Leaving the EU can only be done via 2 options. 

1. A free trade deal (the EU have ruled this option out) 

2 a hard brexit ( of course hard and soft brexit only became a thing when remain lost, its rhetoric made up by remoaners to frustrate actually leaving the EU) 

It really is as simple as that! 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

You were suggesting earlier negotiating a new deal from outside the EU. This will require all countries to agree. Some countries will need to be encouraged by the EU (Paid) to do a deal. That will be expensive. Let alone demands that Spain and France could request. Simple fact is we will get a better deal negotiated from within than your suggestion that we do this from the outside using a Norway or Canada deal as a temporary solution. 

I want  to find a deal so does your pension. 

Trump will give us a good trade deal, I say stuff the EU, they have acted like the mafia while trump holds a hand of friendship out, love him or hate him, I'd rather deal with him than the EU any day. 

Just now, oowee said:

It was agreed as part of the WA , in reality its a bribe for favourable trading terms.
No deal, no WA , no money.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

You were suggesting earlier negotiating a new deal from outside the EU. This will require all countries to agree. Some countries will need to be encouraged bribed by the EU (Paid) to do a deal. That will be expensive. Let alone demands that Spain and France could request. Simple fact is we will get a better deal negotiated from within than your suggestion that we do this from the outside using a Norway or Canada deal as a temporary solution. 

I disagree, weve tried dealing from the inside for nearly 3 years, we got BRINO offered, a bill for £39bn and nearly 2 years of transition, with an Irish backstop clause that tears the Union apart.
I dont think thats been beneficial at all.

Maybe when European business suffers in the event of no deal, they might be forced to think differently.

They are still acting like the mafia running a protection racket, its got to stop, it will stop.
The problem with the EU hierarchy is they are not answerable to anyone, no accountability if they mess up, no one is going to sack them are they?
People in that position dont care what happens, they are dangerous, but not undefeatable , you just have to know what youre dealing with.

I read Comrade Corbyn is going to Brussels tomorrow ahead of May.  Why don't we revoke his passport.  He is not in Government and has no business talking with anyone on behalf of the British nation.

Corbyn, Blair - whoever next?  Abbott?  The Archbishop of Canterbury (another lefty)?  Rab C Nesbitt?