Brexit - merged threads

scouser

I was actually at a rather posh New Year Party and had to listen to some **** suggesting all the leavers were idiots, lower class, unemployed, uneducated, gullible, etc etc., fortunately for him, as one that falls into his alleged category, I had the good manners not to leave him flat on the floor!

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

So, no specifics but you're arguing that despite being non-specific all 17.4M votes wanted the same unspecific thing. No specifics but then you argue no ifs, buts maybes so unspecific with no caveats, 17.4M united in unspecific bliss

Im sorry, but DC said what ever the outcome, which was remain or leave, would be acted upon. So leave should be. F sake if i cancel my gym i can't keep using the pool and rowing machine but not the bokes treadmill and cross trainer.. Remain lost get the F over ot already next you'll say a hung parliament is wrong and we should re run GEs until a clear winner is decided!!!!! 

I must be proper dumb racist and uneducated to think all the above though. 

Edited by ShootingEgg

46 minutes ago, oowee said:

It's not just cars read across to other industries. Machine gears and control systems. Much of it Japanese only here because of our EU position and labour laws. Project fear project fear, I can hear the parrots in the background.

Pretty much every industry and trade body from farming to automotive (with the exception of fishing) is saying the same thing for their sectors. The rich will get richer as the poor get poorer. 

Weird isn't it; I don't know any farmers who voted to remain, and I know a lot. They still want out. Maybe they know something we don't?

Just now, ShootingEgg said:

Im sorry, but DC said what ever the outcome, which was remain or leave, would be acted upon. So leave should be. F sake if i cancel my gym i can keep using the pool and rowing machine but not the bokes treadmill and cross trainer.. Remain lost get the F over ot already next you'll say a hung parliament is wrong and we should re run GEs until a clear winner is decided!!!!! 

I must be proper dumb racist and uneducated to think all the above though. 

I'm sorry but DC lied to you and it's not my place to tell you to get over it. I'm merely suggesting it would be in all our interests if you did.

41 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The question was about how long Farage would have taken to cool off in the event of the referendum outcome being remain. I did not ask the question of you specifically but you replied quoting my post which contained the question. I subsequently answered the question as none of the Leavers present on the topic at the time seemed to know.

I didn't ignore, I responded specifically to what you wrote.

Very much tongue in cheek but it looks to me like you made a statement, didn't like my response, so had another go at re-framing the statement. I'm sure you get what I'm alluding to here 😉 

No your right you didn't ask a question directly of me, so it did not require an answer from me, however as you are fully aware, I responded to your posting using a generalisation!

You conveniently (because it suited your argument) ignored the obvious fact contained in my posting, which was that there were only two specific questions on the ballot paper remain or leave! If you are claiming there were other "specifics" for people to vote on, what pray were they?

I didn't reframe my original statement, I clarified it in the face of your deliberate misinterpretation!

So now it IS the fault of brexit that Airbus are going? The Beeb tried its best to imply it was but I thought the general concensus was a slump in demand. Not so now? Japanese car manufacturers packing in, but not down to a lack of demand for diesel as previously stated? 🤔

I thought Sunderland was a Brexit stronghold;   perhaps they didn't understand what they were voting for? 🙂

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Weird isn't it; I don't know any farmers who voted to remain, and I know a lot. They still want out. Maybe they know something we don't?

I'd be pretty confident the opinion of farmers varies by geography, Welsh and Scottish farmers most likely very different in opinion compared to the rest of the UK?

Just now, panoma1 said:

You conveniently (because it suited your argument) ignored the obvious fact contained in my posting, which was that there were only two specific questions on the ballot paper remain or leave! If you are claiming there were other "specifics" for people to vote on, what pray were they?

I didn't reframe my original statement, I clarified it in the face of your deliberate misinterpretation!

Sorry but I don't subscribe to this and I'm claiming nothing of the sort in respect to specifics. I responded to what you wrote, nothing more nothing less. No point continuing in an tit for tat manner.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'd be pretty confident the opinion of farmers varies by geography, Welsh and Scottish farmers most likely very different in opinion compared to the rest of the UK?

You may well be right; but neither of us knows for certain. Have we done a poll of which way farmers voted? I don't expect you to do a  search as I don't really care. 🙂

Just now, Gordon R said:

Perhaps they don't know people at the very top. I find Raja's "name dropping" quite amusing - as if it adds something to his posts.

If in doubt - say you know some high level people. The gullible will fall for it. Priceless.

This is starting to look like online bullying, get a life.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'd be pretty confident you are wrong.

:lol: Yes, the Scots have Sturgeon and the Welsh have Leanne Woods.

They have NOTHING but their own agenda and future in mind!

All they want is Scotland, Scotland, Scotland, or Wales, Wales, Wales.  Fortunately for them the Government considers the whole and not just ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND!

2 minutes ago, Dekers said:

All they want is Scotland, Scotland, Scotland, or Wales, Wales, Wales.  Fortunately for them the Government considers the whole and not just ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND!

i much prefer leanne when she had her beehive.........

sorry ...please continue..

Just now, Dekers said:

I was alluding to the subsidies the farmers get from the EU in the regions I mentioned, I know for a fact that farmers in Snowdonia rely heavily on the EU pay-outs for example.

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

I was alluding to the subsidies the farmers get from the EU in the regions I mentioned, I know for a fact that farmers in Snowdonia rely heavily on the EU pay-outs for example.

They get back a small amount of what the British Government pays into the EU. 

The EU has NO MONEY, it comes from Nation states and we are the second highest contributor, they just get back a bit of what we put in.

A common fallacy amongst the REMOANERS is the EU gives us money, it doesn't, we reman a major NET CONTRIBUTER!

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i much prefer leanne when she had her beehive.........

sorry ...please continue..

Go for it :lol::good:!

Just now, Dekers said:

They get back a small amount of what the British Government pays into the EU. 

The EU has NO MONEY, it comes from Nation states and we are the second highest contributor, they just get back a bit of what we put in.

A common fallacy amongst the REMOANERS is the EU gives us money, it doesn't, we reman a major NET CONTRIBUTER!

Yes about £12B net contribution currently. Not really sure what your point here is though.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Yes about £12B net contribution currently. Not really sure what your point here is though.

I have no idea what your point has been from the outset other that to twist everything you say in virtually every post you make, blame leavers for this situation then avoid every logical post that questions you!

You said many farmer's rely on EU contributions, if we didn't subsidise the EU so much we would have more money to help many industries as well as the farmers, which part of that confuses you!?

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

sorry ............its just im on aldi 13.4%...( i think its red)...and i just had a wicked fantasy about margret beckett

The coast is clear for you there as well! :lol:

Just now, Dekers said:

I have no idea what your point has been from the outset other that to twist everything you say in virtually every post you make, blame leavers for this situation then avoid every logical post that questions you!

Really, like where exactly, I have engaged and answered questions put directly to me?

You said many farmer's rely on EU contributions, if we didn't subsidise the EU so much we would have more money to help many industries as well as the farmers, which part of that confuses you!?

How do you know this, our net contribution to the EU is about £12B and membership of the EU contributes to our economy and GDP. The economists don't agree on the for and against arguments of Brexit but nearly all of them agree no deal would be very painful and likely offset the contribution against GDP in a negative sense. So it's difficult to argue that putting less money into the EU would mean we have more money to spend elsewhere, it's not as straightforward as that. 

Government response to the petition to revoke A50:

It remains the Government’s firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.

Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government.

The Government acknowledges the considerable number of people who have signed this petition. However, close to three quarters of the electorate took part in the 2016 referendum, trusting that the result would be respected. This Government wrote to every household prior to the referendum, promising that the outcome of the referendum would be implemented. 17.4 million people then voted to leave the European Union, providing the biggest democratic mandate for any course of action ever directed at UK Government.

British people cast their votes once again in the 2017 General Election where over 80% of those who voted, voted for parties, including the Opposition, who committed in their manifestos to upholding the result of the referendum.

This Government stands by this commitment.

Revoking Article 50 would break the promises made by Government to the British people, disrespect the clear instruction from a democratic vote, and in turn, reduce confidence in our democracy. As the Prime Minister has said, failing to deliver Brexit would cause “potentially irreparable damage to public trust”, and it is imperative that people can trust their Government to respect their votes and deliver the best outcome for them.

Department for Exiting the European Union.

30 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The subsidies we send over to get back. Christ, if the product was put at a correct price when bought from the farmers they wouldn't need subs, also the subs are bent to hell to line large land owners pockets.. So thats a non argument you have. Dyson gets money and last time I checked you don't farm vacuums.... 

32 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

But aren't those OUR subsidies? Don't we pay much more into the coffers than we get out? All the farmers I speak to claim it's already OUR money. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

You mean the nfu? I hope so. 

I have no idea; I haven't spoken to the NFU, just farmers on whose land I shoot.