Brexit - merged threads

scouser

3 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Who would you vote for ?

Not sure yet, I will have to see who stands in my constituency. But my guess is both UKIP and The Brexit party will both have candidates. I have voted Conservatives since I could vote apart from European elections. Conservatives normally win here but our MP is a remainer, but also a Democrat and supports the ref result, he has been pretty truthful with me in correspondence. But if they do not deliver Brexit then Conservatives will never get my vote again.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, JRDS said:

I think you might be surprised, a lot of Remain Tory MP's will be deselected for a start off as should Labours Remainers be.  They stood on a lie to the people voting for them.

Simple solution- they field a different candidate who says “ I’m ashamed of how my Party behaves and if elected I will see to it that this will be reversed “ etc 

Voter goes “ oh that’s wonderful, didn’t want to vote for ‘x’, but you seem a decent person, so I will vote for you” 

You have to remember, it’s their ‘Train set’ 

11 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Simple solution- they field a different candidate who says “ I’m ashamed of how my Party behaves and if elected I will see to it that this will be reversed “ etc 

Voter goes “ oh that’s wonderful, didn’t want to vote for ‘x’, but you seem a decent person, so I will vote for you” 

You have to remember, it’s their ‘Train set’ 

Simple solution is Guy Fawkes!

Moggy said an interesting thing earlier admitting that he had not seen Brexit as a process and maybe if all is not available day one then it becomes work in progress (or something like that).Maybe that's a good way to look at it. Do what we have to to fulfill the mandate and move on.

I know a lot of politically active people from some of the S. Wales Valleys, it is the first time I've heard some of them say they will no longer be voting Labour due to Brexit, which I found very interesting. I genuinely think there will be a major upset at the next GE, even if the Cons or Labour still get in this time, I believe the stage may be set for a polar shift in the political landscape. 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I know a lot of politically active people from some of the S. Wales Valleys, it is the first time I've heard some of them say they will no longer be voting Labour due to Brexit, which I found very interesting. I genuinely think there will be a major upset at the next GE, even if the Cons or Labour still get in this time, I believe the stage may be set for a polar shift in the political landscape. 

The shift is precisely Con and Labs own doing. If/when it happens, they will be as gobsmacked as they were the day after the referendum when the unthinkable happened. You can only poke a sleeping dog so many times before it bites.

Edited by walshie

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

The subsidies we send over to get back. Christ, if the product was put at a correct price when bought from the farmers they wouldn't need subs, also the subs are bent to hell to line large land owners pockets.. So thats a non argument you have. Dyson gets money and last time I checked you don't farm vacuums.... 

There's all sorts of money and grants flying around from both government and the EU but I still don't get what that has to do with subsidies to farmers.

There are also tax offsets you can apply based on R&D but again that's not really relevant to farming.

I don't have an argument other than suggesting that not all farmers are pro Brexit.

I’ve voted Conservative ever since I was eligible.....and despite being undecided which way to go next time, they’ll never get my vote again. 

32 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I have voted Conservatives since I could vote. But if they do not deliver Brexit then Conservatives will never get my vote again.

Ditto, with one very recent exception I have voted Tory since I was eligible, and despite being undecided at the moment I can guarantee they wont ever get my vote again.  

33 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’ve voted Conservative ever since I was eligible.....and despite being undecided which way to go next time, they’ll never get my vote again. 

Ditto, with one very recent exception I have voted Tory since I was eligible, and despite being undecided at the moment I can guarantee they wont ever get my vote again.  

They certainly won't get my vote JRM has totally betrayed his constituency. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

They certainly won't get my vote JRM has totally betrayed his constituency. 

Wouldn’t that depend on whether his constituency voted him in on the strength of his EU convictions? 

I can understand it if he lied to his constituents about his allegiances to the EU. Did he? Or did his constituents vote for him despite knowing his EU scepticism? 

The Government has rejected a petition calling for Brexit to be stopped, which has gathered more than 5.75 million signatures.

The Department for Exiting the EU said: "It remains the Government's firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.

"Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government.

1 minute ago, Dekers said:

The Government has rejected a petition calling for Brexit to be stopped, which has gathered more than 5.75 million signatures.

The Department for Exiting the EU said: "It remains the Government's firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.

"Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government.

So being MPs they probably intend doing exactly the opposite!

27 minutes ago, Dekers said:

But it also states that it will be put up for debate on April 1st- joke day for what’s become a joke