Brexit - merged threads

scouser

1 minute ago, oowee said:

No way. There was no credible leave option. Not every leave voter wanted out with no deal indeed most of the MP's that wanted out did not / do not want no deal. The projections are based on canonic assumptions of likely hood. They may or may not be correct but they have some basis of thought pricess. Leave has nothing, there is nothing. There is no logic,no presentation of an idea,there is just ill conceived, ill thought out rhetoric bluster.

I would happily vote leave if there was a credible proposal put on the table. I would happily vote to be in a reformed EU. I would happily vote for a new EU based on co opertaion and trading. None of this was or is an option. It was stay with all of the issues that has or leave for some fantasy.  Fed up of debating this bit. 

Just about sums up my position too.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

No way. There was no credible leave option.

No, there was 2 options , leave or stay, no one is saying different.

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not every leave voter wanted out with no deal indeed most of the MP's that wanted out did not / do not want no deal.

How can you know what they thought ?
Then or now ?

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

The projects are based on canonic assump[tions of likely hood. They may or may not be correct but they have some basis of thought pricess. Leave has nothing, there is nothing. There is no logic no presentation of an idea there is just ill conceived ill thought through rhetoric bluster. 

We have been allowed nothing, the vote to leave has been totally subverted , to the point where we are now seriously discussing ignoring it and staying !
Ill conceived, maybe, but not as ill conceived as ignoring the wishes of the 14.7 mn.?

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

I would happily vote leave if there was a credible proposal put on the table. I would happily vote to be in a reformed EU. I would happily vote for a new EU based on co opertaion and trading. None of this was or is an option. It was stay with all of the issues that has or leave for some fantasy.  Fed up of debating this bit.

Whats a credible proposal ? BRINO ? 
Reform the EU ? The EU will reform when hell freezes over, they could have nipped Brexit in the bud, but they gave us the middle finger, as they are now giving it to other members, Italy , Greece, Hungary and Poland are waiting to go off.

Ive got to the point now , where I WANT them to revoke A 50 ..and reap the whirlwind.

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I know for a fact that not everybody who voted leave voted for NO DEAL.

No deal was always going to be a possibility , it was constantly threatened during, and after the Ref, every day its threatened, its the scary story before bedtime.

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

So there we have it, you know what I know better than I do. Priceless.

Well you seem to know what half the country were thinking 🤣

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

So there we have it, you know what I know better than I do. Priceless.

No, claiming to "know" something "for a fact" without having evidence to back it up, is just bombastic rhetoric not fact.....

Just now, Jaymo said:

Your not meant to be here 🙂

That was apparent before I even posted on this thread (which may or may not have been a motivating factor in deciding to do so).

19 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

No, claiming to "know" something "for a fact" without having evidence to back it up, is just bombastic rhetoric not fact.....

Okay so let's get this straight - you're asserting that every single one of the 17.4M who voted leave voted for no deal Brexit, correct?

20 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Okay so let's get this straight - you're asserting that every single one of the 17.4M who voted leave voted for no deal Brexit, correct?

Of course not, not one single person who voted leave knew what they were voting for, way too uneducated :yes:

I should think a large proportion of them couldnt read, and ticked the wrong box anyway 🙄

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Of course not, not one single person who voted leave knew what they were voting for, way too uneducated 

I should think a large proportion of them couldnt read, and ticked the wrong box anyway 🙄

You keep doing this. Come on let's allow Panoma1 to respond so that we can put this Brexitard myth to bed once and for all.

We understand that some leave voters are frustrated and the need to vex but some things have gone a bit too far unchecked.

Apparently 22nd of May isnt enough, even though this only applies if we have come up with a deal that gets through Parliament and the Lords by 12 th April.

She has now requested a new date of 30 th June from the EU , which you know they will give , £1 bn a month they will charge over 29th March deadline Im told.
So we have EU elections,  a £3 billion bill, more delays and uncertainty, and no where closer to leaving.

Meanwhile Tusk has asked told the council to give us an extra YEAR to sort it make us remain.
Rubbing his hands with glee, thats another £12 bn, on top of our usual contributions, and a possible £39 bn on top, awesome !

You keep doing this.

What ?

Come on let's allow Panoma1 to respond so that we can put this Brexitard myth to bed once and for all.

He can respond when he likes, whats a Brexitard ?

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

We understand that some leave voters are frustrated and the need to vex but some things have gone a bit too far unchecked.

Gone too far ?
I dont think you realise the half of it.

28 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No, no wrong boxes were ticked, all X's were correctly placed, people knew exactly what they wanted!

To leave the EU, to get OUT!

Your not very good at keeping your promises....

Should have know when your ‘large rocket’ didn’t materialise.... 

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Your not very good at keeping your promises....

Should have know when your ‘large rocket’ didn’t materialise.... 

Oh the large rockets are waiting patiently, although they may be aimed in a different direction if she keeps extending the exit!

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh the large rockets are waiting patiently, although they may be aimed in a different direction if she keeps extending the exit!

:lol:

I am just starting to think maybe I should price them up. Not going to commit to buying them just yet but .........Maybe there will be a big market in unused ones left over from other events? 🙂 

27 minutes ago, Dekers said:

Delay until June now... what a total disgrace!

It almost definitely won't be June. It'll either be May 22 so Farage doesn't get back into Euro parliament and savage the Tories and EU, or another year. They need someone who's not a spineless jellyfish to tell the EU schweinhunds to do one. 

1 minute ago, walshie said:

It almost definitely won't be June. It'll either be May 22 so Farage doesn't get back into Euro parliament and savage the Tories and EU, or another year. They need someone who's not a spineless jellyfish to tell the EU schweinhunds to do one. 

I see a successful no confidence vote in May looming, a general election , or both.

I really dont see  how she can go on like this , its embarrassing .
You would think she would just move aside, cite ill health or something ?

Whatever is going to happen, its going to happen soon, if were talking GE that needs to be announced very quickly.

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

I tend to agree, shambles doesn't begin to describe this mess, remainers and leavers are both totally dogged off with the way Government/Parliament have dealt with this.

I've said it before, but love her or hate her I wish Maggie Thatcher was negotiating our exit!

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I made no assertions!.........It was you that made assertions!