scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/08/2019 at 15:55, ditchman said:

NASA in the old days had a sort out and found they were paying $80 for a screwdriver and $120 dollars for a pair of pliers.....

i believe this practice was also rife in the British army not too long ago.............

They now put a sticker on most consumables with the price !  There is a system in place to challange it.

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That's not remainer logic, that is wonky logic regardless of views on Brexit!

You could look at it that way, but I dont see leavers saying, 'we are going to destroy the country if we dont get our way' , do we ?

What I DO see are remainer MPs saying things very similar to the above tweet.

At least some of them can see the only way forward is out on 31/10, whether it be with or without a deal.
Then we can at least have served some measure of democracy, and repaired the tattered reputation of parliament ?

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Does Trump ?
Because hes said exactly the same as Bolton, or are all those tariffs he keeps setting just a figment of his imagination ?

Trade negotiations typically outlast presidential terms and for that reason they're largely the preserve of Congress. Trump can promise what he likes but in reality he'll be hard pushed to deliver on anything he promises. Anyway, in terms of influence, the Irish lobby in Congress is second only to the Israeli, so don't expect anything that the Irish would nix to get passed into US law.

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Trump can promise what he likes but in reality he'll be hard pushed to deliver on anything he promises. Anyway, in terms of influence, the Irish lobby in Congress is second only to the Israeli, so don't expect anything that the Irish would nix to get passed into US law.

Trump is a very popular president in some quarters, he's also very unpopular in others, because he DOES deliver in his promises. 

You make it sound like people in Congress with tenuous Irish ancestry, actually give a flying one about Ireland 😂

I'll let you in on a secret.. They don't. 

52 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Trump is a very popular president in some quarters, he's also very unpopular in others, because he DOES deliver in his promises. 

You make it sound like people in Congress with tenuous Irish ancestry, actually give a flying one about Ireland 😂

53 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Rewulf as ever an expert on everything . How many US Congress people share their secret thoughts one the subject of Irish ancestry with you ? Full of **** as ever.

32 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Rewulf as ever an expert on everything . How many US Congress people share their secret thoughts one the subject of Irish ancestry with you ? Full of **** as ever.

Ok tandy trollo, tell me then, how many US  congressmen or women care enough about Ireland to block a trade deal with the UK? 

Ill wait as long as you like... 🤣

43 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ok tandy trollo, tell me then, how many US  congressmen or women care enough about Ireland to block a trade deal with the UK? 

Ill wait as long as you like... 🤣

Unlike yourself I wouldn't pretend to know how many US congressmen or women care enough about Ireland to block a trade deal. I obviously don't move in the same high circles as you. Perhaps the Nottingham Branch of the CIA have got a mole who is leaking this sort of secret information to local PW members.

It would be rude to keep you waiting too long for an answer so I'll just take a leaf out your book mate and make it up  the answer is 152. 

16 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

It would be rude to keep you waiting too long for an answer so I'll just take a leaf out your book mate and make it up  the answer is 152

Obviously you don't want to be rude 😂

But at least you admit to making stuff up, sparkling, rational contribution as usual, keep it up, you're fairly entertaining in a drooly, flaky sort of way 😁😁

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

They cared enough to broker the Good Friday Agreement. And before that, the US Irish lobby cared enough that it financed a two decade long terrorist campaign. 

But hey ho, of course it'll be a different world in your sunlit uplands.

http://theconversation.com/how-brexit-is-leading-a-resurgent-irish-american-influence-in-us-politics-121343

Edited by Retsdon

30 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

They jumped on the bandwagon of  the Good Friday Agreement. And before that, the US Irish lobby cared enough that it financed a two decade long terrorist campaign.

That's NOT Congress is it? 

But hey ho, of course it'll be a different world in your sunlit uplands.

We shall see soon won't we? 

http://theconversation.com/how-brexit-is-leading-a-resurgent-irish-american-influence-in-us-politics-121343

11 hours ago, Rewulf said:

But at least you admit to making stuff up, sparkling, rational contribution as usual, keep it up, you're fairly entertaining in a drooly, flaky sort of way 😁😁

11 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Thanks Rewulf, look forward to hearing more political insites the fairies at the bottom of your garden give you.

23 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You could look at it that way, but I dont see leavers saying, 'we are going to destroy the country if we dont get our way' , do we ?

Well, it kind of depends on perspective I guess, there seems to be some leavers hell bent on Brexit who appear not to give a hoot about the integrity of the Union (the UK).

What I DO see are remainer MPs saying things very similar to the above tweet.

At least some of them can see the only way forward is out on 31/10, whether it be with or without a deal.
Then we can at least have served some measure of democracy, and repaired the tattered reputation of parliament ?

But of course there are some counter claims that no deal on 31/10 does not respect the outcome of the referendum result. From what I can see it serves the desire of about 1/3 of the overall population who voted in 2016. If the consensus of the Leavers on this forum are anything to go by then the aforementioned 1/3 don't seem to care much for what the other 2/3 want and without a further vote we may never know. Whatever the outcome it's rather unsatisfactory whatever way you look at it.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Well, it kind of depends on perspective I guess, there seems to be some leavers hell bent on Brexit who appear not to give a hoot about the integrity of the Union (the UK).

If Brexiteers wanted to smash the country, why do they care so much about freeing it from the EU ?
You cant have these nasty right wing patriots wanting sovereignty back , but also wanting to break the UK up too.

Bear in mind , that Scotland has elements that want to be out of the union, and are 'hell bent' on achieving this, long before the referendum was announced, they also appear to not 'give a hoot' about the union ?

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

But of course there are some counter claims that no deal on 31/10 does not respect the outcome of the referendum result

Who has said that, Ive not read or heard that anywhere ?
Most people , leavers , or remainers , want the thing sorted, and while you may not believe it, many remainers now have resigned themselves to the fact that we HAVE to leave, as revoking the 2016 vote would allow in a potentially unstable government.

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

If the consensus of the Leavers on this forum are anything to go by then the aforementioned 1/3 don't seem to care much for what the other 2/3 want and without a further vote we may never know. Whatever the outcome it's rather unsatisfactory whatever way you look at it.

Pure conjecture, if 1/3 definitely want a hard Brexit, what about the leavers who, while that not being their first choice , would accept it rather than remain ?
As Ive constantly said on the matter, if public opinion was anywhere near 50 % on remaining, the machinery for a second stab at it would be winding up, with a probable catch of a 3 way vote.
I dont believe there are the (remain) numbers there to do it, and now , there isnt a government whose going to allow it either.

You have to accept, its not what the majority want, it wasnt in 2016, and it isnt now.

As much as you dont like the idea of leaving without a deal come witching hour, there really is no alternative.

boris-johnson-parliament-5-e1565684603966-540x291.jpg?resize=540%2C291&ssl=1

A majority (54%) of the public agree that Boris Johnson needs to deliver Brexit by any means, even if that meant suspending Parliament, according to the latest ComRes poll for The Telegraph. Including ‘don’t knows’ there is still a clear 44% in favour to 37% against, this is backed up by another question that finds 40% of people who think Boris is more in tune with the public than Parliament. Only 25% agree that Parliament is more in tune with the public than Boris…

Naturally Remoaners are hitting the roof over the fact ‘don’t knows’ have been excluded from the headline, and that the poll used the word “Boris”. Funnily enough Guido can’t remember them making such a fuss at the endless series of highly loaded “Final Say” polling questions pumped out by the People’s Vote campaign…

Source:  Guido Fawkes  :good:😅

shiza.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1

This morning saw the publication of dire statistics for the German economy, which contracted this quarter with many voices now predicting that the struggling country is likely on course for recession. Now it’s not just the German Chancellor that’s looking shaky…

Unlike the UK’s contraction this quarter, the German one is based on much less sound fundamentals.  Overall year on year, the German economy’s growth rate is just 0.4% compared to the UK’s 1.2%. The Chief Business Editor of respected German broadsheet Welt has said that Germany has become “the sick man of Europe”.

GDP has now fallen in two of the last four quarters in both Germany and Italy. The last thing European countries want right now is a disorderly No Deal exit for Britain from the EU…

Source: Guido Fawkes.:good:😅

Naturally, this will upset two or three posters on here, who believe all is well in the Fatherland.

Philip Hammond’s failing attempts to rewrite history have run up against the inconvenient fact that there is a wealth of video evidence out there disproving his central claim that voters weren’t told before the referendum that voting to Leave could mean leaving without a deal. In fact they got stark warnings from a wide range of the most senior Remain politicians including himself. This latest clip, at Chatham House in March 2016, is the icing on the cake:

Let’s look for a moment now at the default option – the World Trade Organization rules, which is where we will end up if we leave the EU without a deal agreed.

For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO is the only honest model.

What was that Hammond was saying about a “travesty of the truth”…?  Source: Guido Fawkes  :whistling:

It,s come back to bite Phil on the posterior!