Wrong way on a dual carriageway

steve_b_wales

17 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Yes! And I guess that will lead to heavily discounted policies? 

And then there will be a glut of solicitors

"have you been involved in a recent motoring issue that you may have forgotten about?  Did your dash/butt cam not operate as described?

Call Dry Ream and Ruffly we will fight your case and keep 99% of what you thought you were getting"

A couple years back we was coming down the M3 and as I pulled into fleet services I met someone trying to come out the wrong way. Had my son, missus and granny in the car at the time so I wasn't impressed. 

Had a quiet word in the blokes in when he pulled back into the car park. What goes through these peoples minds I'll never know. 

52 minutes ago, Diver One said:

And then there will be a glut of solicitors

"have you been involved in a recent motoring issue that you may have forgotten about?  Did your dash/butt cam not operate as described?

Call Dry Ream and Ruffly we will fight your case and keep 99% of what you thought you were getting"

Discount?? That'll be the day! My comment was sarcastic! Has anyone ever heard of Insurance companies doing anything to the financial advantage of their customers?

8 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I'm surprised they are not factory fitted in new cars. Then they could be a lot more discrete and not a black box hanging in the windscreen, but yes a must have.

Quite a lot of new cars have them fitted as standard, depending on what spec' you purchase. Mine was professionaly fitted and is behind my rear view mirror.

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:15, steve_b_wales said:

Travelling to work last night, heading south on a dual carriageway, and then 'driving miss daisy' decides to drive towards me and the other motorists. I captured it all on my dashcam and the footage has now been forwarded to Operation Snap (Police)

You just reminded me, this happened to me a couple of weeks ago, bit of fog on my drive home, I turned at the roundabout and a car went past me!! I was gob smacked, i imagined they had pulled out onto the wrong side because of the fog, but had there been another car on the inside lane chances are I'd have been going head to head with them🤬

My dad was driving his new BMW down the autobahn with my Mum when he was hit head on by a ghost driver coming the other way, this was the days before compulsory seat belts (1967) my dad leaned over to save my mum, she went through the windscreen anyway, and the steering Column went through the back of his seat.
My Mum lost a little finger and had over 200 stitches in her face, luckily it was a German hospital and they were very good at micro surgery, my Dad had a fractured skull and spent 2 weeks in hospital.

The ghost driver was a drunk officer from my dad's regiment, who lied and cheated when taken to court, which my dad was strongly advised not to do by the officers friends in high places.
My dad won, the officer had a large fine and then had to pay an amount to charity when "done" by his unit.
The officers mates even tried to change the new tyres on my dad's BMW in the scrap yardfor old worn out ones to try and  say my dad was driving a defective vehicle. 

I have front  & rear Nextbase in both cars.All hard wired and screens turn off about 30 seconds after start up.No cables and wired into the fuse box so turn on off with ignition.

It's a benifit having a rear cam as soon a a tailgater clocks it they drop back.

7252019151725.jpg

7252019151711.jpg

Edited by Davyo

On 25/08/2019 at 15:11, Davyo said:

I have front  & rear Nextbase in both cars.All hard wired and screens turn off about 30 seconds after start up.No cables and wired into the fuse box so turn on off with ignition.

It's a benifit having a rear cam as soon a a tailgater clocks it they drop back.

7252019151725.jpg

7252019151711.jpg

I only have one in the front at the moment, hard wired etc like yours.