The Sun

Scully

I seem to recall this has been mentioned on here before, but I can’t recall what the outcome was.

In my local Spar I was offered a free Sun with my shopping as I checked out. I declined but the paper was scanned anyhow. 

Is this something to do with a false indicator of circulation figures to potential advertisers, and if so, how does it work,  as I didn’t pay for it? Is it legal? 

In the airports they generally have several stands where you help yourself to the Sun and sometimes other papers.

Yes, its to boost circulation figures so they can attract more advertisers at a higher cost.

Annoys me as people pick one up. Scan it briefly, then bin it or leave it lying on the floor. Not exactly enviromentally friendly. 

39 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

In the airports they generally have several stands where you help yourself to the Sun and sometimes other papers.

Yes, its to boost circulation figures so they can attract more advertisers at a higher cost.

Annoys me as people pick one up. Scan it briefly, then bin it or leave it lying on the floor. Not exactly enviromentally friendly. 

we flew from Manchester last week there was the sun, and I think the Times? We scanned the Sun, I imagined the airport gets them cheap and the papers get their advertising seen??

It's good they give the Sun paper away free in airports. Then you know who not to sit next too. Usually also seen in a brand new football shirt and new Nike's wearing a gold chain drinking a pint at six in the morning.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

It's good they give the Sun paper away free in airports. Then you know who not to sit next too. Usually also seen in a brand new football shirt and new Nike's wearing a gold chain drinking a pint at six in the morning.

nowt wrong with a pint at 6am :P