Waterproof trainers ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of the above.  Just for dog walking/clay shooting. About £130.

Thanks all.

48 minutes ago, samboy said:

Wide.

I tried loads on a few weeks ago, I've got wide feet, I was convinced the majority were sized wrong they were so tight.

same with football boots, I lost one a few weeks ago so had to buy new boots, find some that fit was a nightmare, it's like my feet have spread out over the years.

I live in my goretex trainers, wear them day in day out until they are worn out and then usually replace with an identical pair - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.  I used to be Merrell through and through but the last couple of pairs I had I found the manufacturing quality was poor with soles coming astray very quickly etc.  I changed to Salamon ultra GTX and am now on my 3rd pair - brilliant shoes, comfortable (I have wide feet) and very waterproof.  I’m in the Dales and out on the hill virtually every day and I think they are superb.

I just bought some Saucony Gore-Tex trail running shoes from go outdoors for £60. They are comfortable but a little warm when running. Not a problem in colder weather. If it is particularly wet and muddy it’s better just to wear my non waterproof my inov8 as you feet get wet anyway as the shoe is only below the ankles.

A bit late to reply, over the years I have had many different makes of which most have been the quality brands recommended above.

I recently bought a pair for about £40 at Decathlon and can say with confidence that they have performed better than those at £140.  Comfortable, supportive, smart looking and genuinely waterproof.

sportspursuit.com have a decent selection  Salomon gortex trainers for well under £100 and also they are doing Lowa Renegade gortex boots for just under a £100. Best boots I have ever owned, these usually retail for about £180. comfortable straight out of the box.