A Nice Lot Of Pigeons And A Few Goals

marsh man

Today I got a phone call , no not from the farmer as I never get calls from the land owner:no: , the call was in fact from one of the boys who pick up , he had rung the keeper about some pigeons going on some old rape stubble and he told him to give me a ring to see if I was going , as I was going on another field I told him to go ahead and I will be out there around dinner time , when I got there he was set up with two magnets on the outside of his pattern  and a flapper in the middle , certainly looked the business , by then he had 16 / 17 and I said I would go and set up on the fresh Wheat stubble , we saw pigeons throughout the afternoon and the odd one kept adding to the bag , come 3pm it was time to switch on the radio for the football and a very good game was on the cards , Newcastle was out played at times and Norwich done well to score three goals , final score was 3 . 1 and the first hat trick scored in the premier division by Norwich in 26 years. the boys done well.

Back to the pigeon shooting , from 4 ish things had slowed down to a trickle and I rang xxx to say we would pack up at 5pm as we had a few to pick up around the two fields as I only had my dog because xxxx dogs are not keen on the rape stubble's , after a good look round we picked up 87 , not on par with our fellow county men from up N / Norfolk , but a bag we were very happy with, spent in nice weather and some lovely countryside , 

This will be my first and only time I lay the pigeons out in some kind of order, ( mainly for them to cool off ) , I think I need a fair bit of practise to come up to P Cs standard .😊

SAM-8751.jpg

Nice report of a great bag MM. Nothing wrong with the presentation either.

You realise now that you will have to fill in for PC whilst he's in Greece and give us something to look forward to on Saturday evenings.

OB

On 17/08/2019 at 22:23, Old Boggy said:

Nice report of a great bag MM. Nothing wrong with the presentation either.

You realise now that you will have to fill in for PC whilst he's in Greece and give us something to look forward to on Saturday evenings.

OB

Mine is a one off Chris, where PC + DB is a one off when there bag is below a ton :yes: , so I very much doubt I will be able to fill in the slot of the master .:good:

2 hours ago, aga man said:

Nice bag there marsh man:good:

Cheers aga man ..... Have you managed to get amongst  any up your way , and more importantly , have you got many to go at now the harvest is on hold ? 

17 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Cheers aga man ..... Have you managed to get amongst  any up your way , and more importantly , have you got many to go at now th

No not really. The harvest is only really just got going here and if i am totally honest i have been a bit lazy or lost interest slightly. I  have shot a few and had some modest bags on rape stubble but i need to make some effort now the wheat fields are coming off.

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

A nice report but I can't help to notice pc wouldn't have had any lose feathers laying about........ 

After a long tiring afternoon I thought I done well getting them is some sort of regimental order especially with them being on the floor which creates even more bending , normally the bag get tipped out on the bench in the garage , laid out with a linen sheet covering them if there are any flies about , then next morning they go in the freezer which involves very little bending , any feathers get hovered up with decent vacuum I bought from the car boot for £8 , worth every penny and save getting a ear full if I use the one from indoors :lol: