Now my other son is getting ripped off !

Vince Green

Sad state of affairs , hope your lad get sorted by some honest and genuine folk , as they are still around .

We moved three miles down the road a couple of years ago , as luck would have it our new place had a empty locked up garage and we had use of it for two weeks up unto the day we handed the keys in , during that two weeks I dare say I move 3/4 of the stuff we had in our old house in the back of my estate car , then on the day we moved we hired a large van to move the big everyday items , hard work but we done it all in that one day .    GOOD LUCK with your son's move .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, snow white said:

We moved from the midlands to wales one of my sons and a relative used a Luton van no problem they took van back with them job done.

I would definitely have a good look round for a van hire company even if out of Bristol 

Mel B could you not nip down with your wagon and do the job with the lads for a drink 🤣

i drive a bin lorry , i could certainly get everything in there , but it might not look great when it came off at the other end :unhappy:

If I was not 100miles away I would turn up and help you move. There must be a van hire somewhere within striking distance. 

Don't let mel b3 loose just yet as he is literally like a bear with a sore !!!!!! at the moment:mad:

That is what reviews are for, spread the word....AVOID... certainly do not pay up.

There isnt going to be a satisfactory outcome if you use that removal firm .

Whether you force them (some how ) to do it for the £800. Or pay them the extra at £1400 .

Your stuff isnt going to be moved safely or possibly to where you expect it to go .

It sounds like a planned rip off to me .

Quote cheap,  get the job and then at the last minute when the client has very few options left bump the price .

Think id go with the,  rip them back off , route. 

Hire your own  van and let them turn up on the day and blow them off. 

I take it no deposit has been paid ? 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

If I was not 100miles away I would turn up and help you move. There must be a van hire somewhere within striking distance. 

Don't let mel b3 loose just yet as he is literally like a bear with a sore !!!!!! at the moment

That is what reviews are for, spread the word....AVOID... certainly do not pay up.

The tablets are now working very well  , and my temperament is improving daily 😆.

Firstly had your son accepted the quote and paid any form of deposit? Secondly are they BAR registered, if they are then a complaint will actually get them asked questions.

ultimately though he needs to move and it appears to be a busy time for it.  A hire van is fine if all your belongings fit in a Luton van or you have access to the house you are moving into. Usually you don’t so everything needs to fit on one vehicle and be out by lunchtime 

On 18/08/2019 at 09:27, snow white said:

We moved from the midlands to wales one of my sons and a relative used a Luton van no problem they took van back with them job done.

I would definitely have a good look round for a van hire company even if out of Bristol 

Mel B could you not nip down with your wagon and do the job with the lads for a drink 🤣

The crusher thing in the back of the bin wagon might not do the furniture any favours. 😂

On 18/08/2019 at 07:30, team tractor said:

Loads of man in a van around. 

My mate is 2 hours away and would drive down for that. Genuinely.

is it an all day job ? Or more? 

Are you going far ? 

Their is 2 of them . Would that do ? 

If your on Facebook their is loads of local lads doing this on your local groups. We have spotted Tamworth.

You may even be lucky and get a free lift in the caravan being towed behind the white van. 

If the original contract and booking can be evidenced and your son has actually booked them ie it wasn’t some floating ‘to be agreed’ pencilled in affair, then there are all sorts of options depending on how far he wants to go. 

It’s a brave move for the removal company because who wants a removal company that blackmails it’s own customers. Whose also to say the £1400 doesn’t suddenly  become £2000 the day before the move.

3 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

But you can get more in that way and only need to do the one trip 🙂

Oh yes , very efficient 😆

I once remember doing a job at work , a family had split up , and the guy only had a couple of hours to get the house emptied, we threw a whole families life into the back of a bin lorry and crushed it , telly's, computers , family photo albums , furniture, wifes kinky underwear, the whole lot just went in the back of the lorry , it was really quite sad , all the guy had left was the clothes that he was wearing ,and the motorbike that he rode away on.

You could always use the UK military contractors for the move. It goes something like this.

1. Time agreed to arrive 9am, actual arrival time 2pm. Hung over clowns then start ripping your house to bits.

2. Departure time agreed 5pm. Still throwing your possessions into a van at 11pm.

3. Family arrives in destination with nothing (Cyprus) agreed collection date arrives (6 weeks later) Family told that the contractors missed the boat, literally, and another 8 week wait for possessions.

4. Possessions arrive with 3k worth of damage and entire boxes “ missing”

5. Due to MOD cost cutting measures and “the cheapest possible contractors used” all damage/missing items are to be claimed for on the individuals own home insurance, thus resulting in £150 per month premiums.

6. And repeat upon return to the UK, but this time 3.5k worth of damage and a massive dent in my car.

7. Leave the military as swiftly as possible ( on going )

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 14:05, Cranfield said:

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this story.

They got a different company and moved last week. The move was from Bristol to Birmingham and had tight time constraints because of the chain. They are /were too busy to start making complaints or going to trading standards.

Like most people, it was a one off move, they don't plan to move again. They found a local removal company and gave them a call, they seemed professonaI and above board  don't think it ever crossed their minds there may be tricksters operating, or what the tricks may be.

It did cause a HUGE panic though

Edited by Vince Green