Uh Oh Charlie....

WelshAndy

hello, that fat man on the left looks like he has just got out of bed, 3 against 1 does not seem fair, but he put up a good defence and interesting information against their facts or hear say, i think land owners who run grouse shoots need to make sure their keepers are well supported in doing their job but have a better vermin trapping policy

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that f*t man on the left looks like he has just got out of bed, 3 against 1 does not seem fair, but he put up a good defence and interesting information against their facts or hear say, i think land owners who run grouse shoots need to make sure their keepers are well supported in doing their job but have a better vermin trapping policy

That fat man is Avery.. sweating a bit, must be nearly lunch time

1 hour ago, butchdickason said:

I have just watched the video, unfortunately you can not reason with the likes of Packham and co, they will not be persuaded to take any view other than the one they are dicatating.

That's going to the same on both sides of the argument as for the Raptor lady i think she is jumping on the bandwagon  

I couldn't watch it all the way through, CJ was effectively drowned out, which is hardly surprising as he was up against three media savvy hard line protectionists and a partisan audience who were 100% behind them and who cheered, whooped and clapped every word they uttered! CJ brave or stupid? The jury's out for me! Sadly, I feel it achieved little, and moved the case for shooting on, not at all!

For me it confirms the view that the game fair was no place to hold a debate with these three! And the organisers were right to cancel it! There was no benefit for shooting in it!

If CJ did as well as he did in an open debate against 3 and a hostile audience shouting him down all the time I cannot see the 3 going for a properly moderated debate without the audience.  Without the shouting down they would be lost.

If you cannot win a debate without drowning out the others arguments/responses you have no case whatsoever.

Edited by Yellow Bear

25 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

If CJ did as well as he did in an open debate against 3 and a hostile audience shouting him down all the time I cannot see the 3 going for a properly moderated debate without the audience.  Without the shouting down they would be lost.

If you cannot win a debate without drowning out the others arguments/responses you have no case whatsoever.

This. I'm still of the opinion the organisers were wrong to cancel the game fair debate. CJ wouldn't have felt this one was necessary if the former had been allowed to go ahead. Good for him; huge respect. 

Well done charlie! Another good factual piece! We know the facts added to this tho! Who outside the shooting community is going to search this out to view. This and other info needs to be got out to a wider ordnance! 

WJ and Birdfair not very political at all now then! Notice Juniper was there involved and they had another meeting with NE in week. Carrie Symonds there and done a speech to!  Perhaps they think they have got Bo Jo's ear now thro her. They certainly seem smug and have been ramping up there campaign in last to weeks.    NB

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:31, islandgun said:

BTW avery doesn't look like a vegan..☺️

Avery likes animals to be killed for his own personal pleasure.   

Gluttony, not nutritional requirement, is the motive for his consumption of flesh.   The evidence is there in his own words:

"I guess, at heart, I think I ought to eat even less meat but the taste of a juicy steak, bangers and mash, a sandwich of crispy bacon (perhaps with a cup of tea from a van by the road at Tomatin with Henry), roast lamb, pepperoni pizza etc, let alone fish and chips eaten out of the paper or a bowl of mussels or half a dozen oysters, are all very tempting at various times and various occasions. Some of them I feel I should swerve on either four days a week I do, but for three days a week I don't. And quite honestly, I think I probably should do on the other three days a week too, but I don't. So that's why I admire those who do."       https://markavery.info/2015/09/29/hate-vegans/

Charlie held his own given 3 to 1 and a happy clappy crowd well done the more we question wj  theories the better , factual information discredits them every time ,  

why was not BASC or others there to help Charlie out , together we stand divided we fall  this includes /( all the shooting and country sports inc game /wildfowling/vermin /crop protection / clay busters ,fishing game or match / carp to name a few   wj bang on about banning driven grouse shooting  if they get that one ,what's the next the slippery slope        these three will not give up until we are all eating pulses or tofu     I like all meats and veg so I will fight the ****** s

Edited by Saltings

8 hours ago, McSpredder said:

Avery likes animals to be killed for his own personal pleasure.   

Gluttony, not nutritional requirement, is the motive for his consumption of flesh.   The evidence is there in his own words:

"I guess, at heart, I think I ought to eat even less meat but the taste of a juicy steak, bangers and mash, a sandwich of crispy bacon (perhaps with a cup of tea from a van by the road at Tomatin with Henry), roast lamb, pepperoni pizza etc, let alone fish and chips eaten out of the paper or a bowl of mussels or half a dozen oysters, are all very tempting at various times and various occasions. Some of them I feel I should swerve on either four days a week I do, but for three days a week I don't. And quite honestly, I think I probably should do on the other three days a week too, but I don't. So that's why I admire those who do."       https://markavery.info/2015/09/29/hate-vegans/

I argued with him [and his followers] on his blog asking them how many of the 20 million hens killed each day they ate. avery does indeed look like a glutton and according to your post a hypocrite as well, as are most of his followers !

7 hours ago, Saltings said:

Charlie held his own given 3 to 1 and a happy clappy crowd well done the more we question wj  theories the better , factual information discredits them every time ,  

why was not BASC or others there to help Charlie out , together we stand divided we fall  this includes /( all the shooting and country sports inc game /wildfowling/vermin /crop protection / clay busters ,fishing game or match / carp to name a few   wj bang on about banning driven grouse shooting  if they get that one ,what's the next the slippery slope        these three will not give up until we are all eating pulses or tofu     I like all meats and veg so I will fight the ****** s

Yes, it’s a shame he had to do it on his own. I wonder why?