poor niece !!!

hodge911

]here to start ............apart from ………………….. there is some utter a/oles driving these days!

my niece who lives in kent graduated from U.C.L and has grafted her backside off both at uni and work to be able to get what she wants ultimately a career in law [she has been taken on by a good firm in London].. she has scrimped and saved and borrowed from bank of nan to get her dream car a white 1 series BMW [not my cup of tea] and as of Saturday afternoon she became a proud owner of a 2015 1 owner from new with full BMW history .. boy was she happy £10k poorer but over the moon ………….. fast forward to sunday morning around 10.30am she was parked at her boyfriends grans house for their usual sunday visit  when leaving they were horrified to find out some body had bumped her car and done a runner shes absolutely gutted to say the least its not a huge amount of damage but that's not the point the car was mint until this scum felt it was acceptable to damage another persons property and abscond 

it really boils my wee that someone will do this without a second thought 

IMG-20190818-WA0002.jpg

Edited by hodge911

I was looking at a couple of year old pickup then I thought if it was too good and expensive 1 I wouldn't use it for what I wanted a 4x4 pick up for and 2 some a hole would run in to it or key it so I got a cheaper on, I use if for what I want and someone has run into it and it has been keyed!

i bought a new disco ...my first one............mica black ....leather internals............3rd day i had it during the night ....it had been keyed down to bare metal from the head light to the rear light..........as were 20 other cars and vans on the same road the same night.....

whilst it was away being filled and sprayed we sold the house and moved.............

so i feel for the young lady........

the only thing that would have satisfied me would have been to watch the person responsible  die very slowly

I feel sorry for her, I suffered the same sort of thing in a multi storey car park. The offending vehicle was a 4 x 4 with a spare wheel on the back door, judging by the height and proximity of the damage. It was cheaper for me to foot the bill rather than involve my Insurance Company. 

what really annoys me is the cavelier way women with full trolleys of shopping at the supermaket ....run into parked customers cars...whilst unloading into their boot ...then just drive off...knowing full well they have scratched and dented another persons car...

42 minutes ago, ditchman said:

what really annoys me is the cavelier way women with full trolleys of shopping at the supermaket ....run into parked customers cars...whilst unloading into their boot ...then just drive off...knowing full well they have scratched and dented another persons car...

My sister punched a woman in tescos in Llanelli, who emptied her trolley and literally just pushed it across the car park straight into her car. Made a small dent. She didn't know my sister was sat in it. She recieved a dent or two back. 

The mindset of some people is nuts, why the **** would you just launch a trolley across a car park into cars. ********* 

I spoke to her dad yesterday and apparently its also pushed the 1/4 panel in a bit as well ... still think it's a bit expensive as the panel should pull out with a sucker cup ....

I think because they live in a nice house with new (company) cars on the drive and the 23yr old girl drives a 15 plate bmw the guy has bumped the price up a bit 

9 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

That’s a tad excessive 😮 

i had a HUGE crease over a fold in the car door done on my 406 for under £50 I would shop about. 

How you doing martin mate 

I think it would deffo be half that amount up here but they live down in higham in kent 

There are some decent people out there . A couple of months ago I saw a note on my windscreen that said that I have backed into your truck please phone me on this number . One of my neighbours had hit the back of my truck and put a rather large dent in the quarter panel . I took the truck into a body shop for repair and my neighbour paid for the repair . Yes there are some decent people out there .

harnset

13 hours ago, Harnser said:

There are some decent people out there . A couple of months ago I saw a note on my windscreen that said that I have backed into your truck please phone me on this number . One of my neighbours had hit the back of my truck and put a rather large dent in the quarter panel . I took the truck into a body shop for repair and my neighbour paid for the repair . Yes there are some decent people out there .

harnset

Unfortunately not many tho the same happened to me a couple of yrs ago with my new to me grand Cherokee after owning it for only 2 days .

Cost me a replacement rear bumper & painting