What a &@£;: & day

Jacko3275

Gets up at 3am to get ready to go on hol things going to plan kettle on coffee sort dog out as my sis coming to house sit ... then say to our lass did you put my aftershave in?no .. ok 👌 ll sort it slice my finger open on the case some how nowt bad just bled a lot .. 4am mini bus due to go to airport pick us up then mother and father in-laws up( there golden wedding) then sister and brother in law n kids up 410am no minibus and no flexing answer on the phone ok cars time so I pick Mam n dad in-laws others make there own way ( we have no idea how much parking is gonna cost till we get back) get to the airport baggage over weight our lass had thought the 5kg extra email was for our hold luggage but no so we had  to use pool bag n carriers as hand luggage vase we took none.. gets on the plane just taxying to the runway pilot come on and say he as a warning light on the dash we have to go back for check( it was heat sand air con faults) after 2 hrs we could set off only we could not fly at full altitude due to the fault we need more fuel and will extend the flight by 20 mins 1 hr into the flight squeaky bum time it was like we skipped of the top of a mountain the turbulence was that bad even the air hostesses where nipping it  scared the wife that much she wants to drive home apparently we run into the jet stream but we eventually made it  to Blackpool in the sun (BENEDORM) and it was ******* overcast arrggh 

3 hours ago, marsh man said:

Not the sort of start you want when you are about to start your hols , we are not that keen on planes , or all the hassle at the air ports and that is the main reason we now stay in the U K , and to be honest , that is the way I like it . 

I`m with you on this MM. Our days of travelling abroad are over and we find that there are plenty of lovely places yet to visit in the UK. As well of course of those we visit quite frequently in different counties.

However, later in the year, I`m taking the wife on a cruise to a tropical island. Yes, you`ve guessed it, the ferry over to the Isle of Wight. My God, I spoil that woman. :whistling:

Might even bump into Old Farrier.

OB 

Edited by Old Boggy

5 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I`m with you on this MM. Our days of travelling abroad are over and we find that there are plenty of lovely places yet to visit in the UK. As well of course of those we visit quite frequently in different counties.

However, later in the year, I`m taking the wife on a cruise to a tropical island. Yes, you`ve guessed it, the ferry over to the Isle of Wight. By God, I spoil that woman. 

OB 

When I was stationed in Portsmouth we went to Yarmouth on the I O W , even though ours is supposed to be Great , I am not sure if the one on the I O W is better , this was over 40 years ago so things might have changed .

Do they still have a Hover craft crossing from the mainland ?

29 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

However, later in the year, I`m taking the wife on a cruise to a tropical island. Yes, you`ve guessed it, the ferry over to the Isle of Wight. By God, I spoil that woman. 

OB 

Let me know when you’re coming over and I’ll see if I can get you a day on the clays 🙂

18 minutes ago, marsh man said:

When I was stationed in Portsmouth we went to Yarmouth on the I O W , even though ours is supposed to be Great , I am not sure if the one on the I O W is better , this was over 40 years ago so things might have changed .

Do they still have a Hover craft crossing from the mainland ?

It’s still running as long as it’s not too windy 😊

13 hours ago, marsh man said:

Not the sort of start you want when you are about to start your hols , we are not that keen on planes , or all the hassle at the air ports and that is the main reason we now stay in the U K , and to be honest , that is the way I like it . 

+ 1    cycling up the Moselle next week 150 miles. travel by car to Germany, cant put up with all the airport agro anymore. From Kent its no further than driving to Cornwall. 

14 hours ago, JDog said:

What are you doing in Benidorm?

My thoughts exactly. 

Benidorm a place for people who don't want to abroad to another country.

Full English breakfast and English ale houses it's just like Blackpool.

Hope the rest of your holiday goes without incident.

Edited by figgy