Holiday fun

Mice!

We went on holiday last year and they had shooting comps on in the afternoons some days, winner gets a cocktail. Now bear in mind your a good 8mts away πŸ˜†

My little lad had been saying since we said we were going again that he was going to do the shooting!!

Glad to say he had a couple of goes, his sister had one go.

I was surprised at how long people were willing to queue for 3 or 5 shots of an air rifle, with kids and adults all enjoying it.

1962999250_IMG-20190820-WA0004(2).jpg.b429a0f13792aa5b005c18462dcaf3b6.jpg

First time i had a go I was the last in the line, 3 shots highest score wins obviously, now here is the fun part and the idea, you have no idea where the first pellet is going to go, you can watch others but most are spraying them all over, 3 shots with a springer doesn't take long, two or three guns at country fairs run by basc or such for free could give people a positive impression of shooting??

lots of banter as different people shoot, mostly kids first then the adults, a young Irish lad was winning on 27 with all the dads trying but failing to to beat it, my first shot went right and high clipping the 8, aimed left and low for the next two shots and managed two tens 🀠not clean tens but good enough.

IMG-20190820-WA0003.jpg.3854fda50034aef181373e4c83692b8e.jpg

Next time I had a go I was first up of the adults, same gun so I aimed off left and low, expecting all bulls, first two shots were low but central!! Next two just clipped the ten and the fifth high left in the nine? giving me 43, a long wait then with lots of banter again as everyone seemed to shoot tens or nines on their first couple of shots then they could go anywhere, a couple of 40s then the Irish lad appeared shooting a 42, bum twitch time!!Β 

Few other fellas were winding each other up enjoying themselves saying they were going to beat me but only getting 30s

somehow a couple of women managed to completely miss the target from 8 mtrs? My misses appeared and shot a 26 which made her smile, little lad had another go with a huge smile on his face, needing help but he loved it.

final fella steps up, I'd said to my misses to aim at theΒ  left of the bull slightly low, this chap wasn't queuing but was listening apparently, up he goes shoots three 9s!! Everyone is clapping, the fella running the shooting is telling me I'm going down, final two shots were nowhere near 5 & 6 I think.

Winner πŸ€—πŸ€— simple fun with a springer and open sights, the wife gets two free cocktails, and the lad is hooked πŸ˜ƒΒ 

Another idea for fun with your mates or at the range, all using the same gun open sights, your allowed to move the sight up or down left or right a few clicks after your shots so no one knows where the first pellet is going, hours of fun.

me my brother and dad used to do similar in the back garden, we starred off shooting mums pegs😯 then a chain hanging off the bird table, somehow ended up us shooting holes in the bird table roof, you had to touch the last hole that was made. We destroyed that bird table, didn't go down well.

4 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Mice that is awesome mate .

The smiles and good times that a simple airgun can bring .have a great holiday and be safe .

were back mate thanks, a week in the sun while it was throwing it down in blighty.

need to sort something small now that the kids and me can plink with, loads of fun πŸ‘ Β 

Well done buddy great shooting.

Me and my wife went to gran canaria last year playa de ingles how ever you say it lol.Β 

There was a similar shooting comp there about 8 meters away zero was off so once knowing the poi i quickly shifted to take the win out of about 10/ 15 people was great fun we won a bottle of something still in th cupboard down stairs haha. Its great to see people wanting to have a go and tge excitment on peoples faces

4 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Me and my wife went to gran canaria last year playa de ingles how ever you say it lol.Β 

I've been there, but I'm none the wiser on how you say it πŸ‘Β 

Watching husbands and wives trying to beat each other or brothers and sisters was great fun.

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I still find it hard to believe that nobody has congratulated Mice on attempting shots at 8m - way beyond his normal comfort zone!!!

You cheeky πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

the kids went from about 5!! Talk about too close.

One of the women was saying she couldn't see where she had hit at 8 mtrsπŸ˜…πŸ˜…Β