Book Valuation

fat_jay

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

My Mum is clearing out some old cupboards and has come across her Dad's first edition Highway Code from 1931, she doesn't want it so has asked me to sell it.

I have had a google to try and find what its worth, in in fact it's worth anything! and can find none for sale which has me thinking it may actually have a little value to it, any idea where I could get it valued?

As an aside, its a brilliant read, and you automatically adopt a Mr Chumley Warner voice.

TIA Jay

hello, the only way to know what its worth is either take it to a auction house who deal in books, or a local rare book shop, look online, or stick it on ebay with a reserve, condition is everything, or you might find a transport museum would pay a small fee, i once sold a framed print to a museum in Kent when i use to buy and sell at auctions. good luck 

On 22/08/2019 at 18:51, vampire said:

what does it say about the cyclist ?

😅

On 22/08/2019 at 18:51, vampire said:

what does it say about the cyclist ?

It says, "Take out the nearest one first......"

On 21/08/2019 at 12:09, fat_jay said:

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

My Mum is clearing out some old cupboards and has come across her Dad's first edition Highway Code from 1931, she doesn't want it so has asked me to sell it.

I have had a google to try and find what its worth, in in fact it's worth anything! and can find none for sale which has me thinking it may actually have a little value to it, any idea where I could get it valued?

As an aside, its a brilliant read, and you automatically adopt a Mr Chumley Warner voice.

TIA Jay

Put it on Ebay, with a reserve.