When it can go wrong it will!!!!

pigeon controller

Set out Sunday 1pm from Brum. After an hour stationary on the M40 for an hour, continued to Eurotunnel, M 20 closed between junctions 9 and 11. Satnav goes ballistic sends me to two Eurotunnel entrances blocked off . Fifty miles later, ask a guy if he is a local. Yes , keep on A20 passed the supermarket . Brilliant into terminal 1 hour late, absolutely packed all late, boarded train 2.5 hours late. 

Driving through Switzerland approaching the Gothard Tunnell, stationary for one hour. Entertained the locals to my music collection, Who, Bad Company, Frankie goes to Hollywood and Dire Straits Greatest Hits. Move off Tunnel closed , over the pass with traffic lights due to summer road works, cleared the pass after three hours, drive on into Italy.

Arrive  at Anccona 11 am booking , cabin double booked!!! Will we accept a luxury Cabin, YES. Board ferry at 15.00 find cabin. Six foot double bed instead of two three foot bunks, melon and drinks in the fridge , goody bag in the bathroom and TV. Free breakfast in the Ala carte restaurant .

Arrived at Patras in Greece at 15.00 drive up to the apartment and arrive at 18.00  on Wednesday.

What a 1650 miles but well worth it in the end.

Edited by pigeon controller

59 minutes ago, JDog said:

Picture PC driving, moustache in full flow. Then 'Relax don't do it' by Frankie Goes To Hollywood comes on. His wife will be thinking........ 'Do I really know this man?'

I had some good looks from from the young Germans???

10 hours ago, figgy said:

Guess you don't like flying then. Enjoy your hols

I do like flying but it's the 60 litres of cider I take so my son and I can enjoy the rest, we are not in a tourist town so all you can buy is beer.