Noble 78 & 80

Nobel 80 burns at a similar speed to Bullseye - I used to use it to load 38 Spl pistol rounds. 78 is faster burning than 80 but I've never seen any let alone used it. 82 is similar to Red Dot should you ever get hold of some.

Edited by dodgyrog
Spelling

hey,

from my grandpa's book:

Nobel G80

Fiocchi 12/70

Fiocchi 615

1,43x28

1,36x32

given the age and state of the powder i would not use the CX primers (least of all the CX2000) as the powder in itself was built to be loaded with RWS primers which were naturally weak; if you add that throughout the years the chemical composition of the powder changes (when sealed) and changes faster when opened, the base should always be the 615 or the NSI 686.

for the NG78 i don't have anything but found this link showing old recipes http://giorgiomuscas.altervista.org/caccia/cariche.html

Tonda = RTO

Stellare = Star Crimp

DFS 645 can be replaced by Fiocchi 615 or NSI686 (better)

i'd start low (as i explained above) and patter test with an eye out for signs of overpressure

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12ga Gualandi LBC-48 Wad

Ideal for loading non-toxic shot in a 76mm PT case.12 ga Gualandi LBC-48 Wad. These Limited Bored Contact wads are ideal for loading steel shot up to 4.0mm as well as ITM, Bismuth and Powershot. These wads will load: 53 grams of Lead shot, 49 grams of Powershot, 35 grams of Steel Shot and 46 grams of ITX. These wads must be slit 4 ways before loading.

Done quite a few  with this wad.It works just fine.     Read this https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=66152  ive used a few with 46g lead inland.same as it always was .good stopping power 

27 grains ive used but i suspect 28 grains would not go wrong.Certainly not an overly aggressive load with 27.