Pigeon decoying this weekend

Ultrastu

So im planning a decoying session this weekend with only my airgun .

Im gonna set up a hide that should give me best chance of getting some birds off a new wheat stubble and plucking some out of a sitty tree and off some wires too .some shots are going to be long range (95 yds to the tree ) so im hoping to little wind .

Challenge to any other  members is leave the shotty at home and see what you can do with a rifle. (Air or powder ) .

As much fun as it is shooting with a shot gun .its sometimes nice to try a different approach .

Also .the area im planning on going to has seen a fair amount of shooting over the last couple of months and the birds are getting a bit shy and the silent approach can really pay off sometimes .

Cheers .

I’ve been at it since the peas went in and am now covering the stubble as well. It is much more rewarding decoying with the Airgun, so far this year the shotgun has claimed 80 pigeons (at approx 25p per bang), the Airgun has taken 180 (3 pence per bang, and silenced during “the pigeon troubles”). 

C5274D1D-8160-4BFE-92DA-B3D220E6DC28.jpeg

Edited by Pistol p

So this was my view for the day .the tree is 65 yds to the top .

Set up over a wheat stubble .at 7.30 this morning, we had mist till mid day .

Tally was 45 birds .most taken from the tree and a few off the ground but its always hard to get on the pige on the floor as they dont hang around for more than a few seconds and there are usually stalks in the way .still 

Thats pretty good for an airgun .

IMG_20190826_191530.jpg

The tree on the left has a bunch of dead brances sticking out of the top. Its a fave sitty tree for every bird .but as its 95 yds from the hedge it requires very still air to make a successful shot .today there were bales in the field so i could set up a bit closer .65 yds is childs play for the .25 .top centre mass shot and it drops like a stone ..

I would have had more but three guys set up in some fields behind me in the afternoon .and every bang lifted off and  spooked any bird in the area .and they soon gave the whole area a miss..

They stayed till about 4.30 then i had a bit more sport till about 6 pm .when it dryed up 

I shoot on 24 x so at 65 yds the bird looks big in the scope.