Pilot's headset

eddoakley

Anyone have a pilot's headset for sale?

Don't really know what I want but am open to suggestions.

I don't think I would splash out on the Bose a20 at almost a grand as I don't think I would notice the benefits.

Are the cheap Chinese ones worth buying?

Anything considered.

Edd

I would suggest you buy a decent David Clark set and, should you decide to sell, you'll get your money back.

If you buy secondhand the earmuffs are replaceable and fairly cheap.

PS I've got a (bit dusty...!) burgundy leather pilot case you could have for free if you want to arrange (Hermes?) collection.

Edited by Eyefor

13 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

I have a Dave Clark headset that I would be willing to sell. I have a cheaper one somewhere too that I would throw in if you need two. I will try dig them out tomorrow if you’re interested

Definitely interested so details would be good please.

There's a David Clark set for sale at the club which might be just the job (and several on ebay) but I'm just checking out the options.

The one at the club is £140 and advertised as "In as new condition" although I don't recall the model.

Let me know the details of yours.

Thanks

Edd

20 hours ago, Eyefor said:

I would suggest you buy a decent David Clark set and, should you decide to sell, you'll get your money back.

If you buy secondhand the earmuffs are replaceable and fairly cheap.

PS I've got a (bit dusty...!) burgundy leather pilot case you could have for free if you want to arrange (Hermes?) collection.

That's a great offer, thank you.

Did you see my other thread about Hermes!?!?!

The worst delivery service I have ever encountered because well,  they just don't deliver! 15 parcels not delivered to my shop because "business closed" yet I have been there at the TIMES they claim to have attempted deliver and I've sent Hermes the cctv of the carpark and door!!

Anyway, I digress. Great offer and I will drop you a message.

Regards

Edd

1 hour ago, eddoakley said:

Definitely interested so details would be good please.

There's a David Clark set for sale at the club which might be just the job (and several on ebay) but I'm just checking out the options.

The one at the club is £140 and advertised as "In as new condition" although I don't recall the model.

Let me know the details of yours.

Thanks

Edd

I will hopefully get the model and some pictures up today. 

I seem to have misplaced the headsets, perhaps lost in a house move. If I find them I will let you know. As a recommendation though if you’re not wanting to break the bank the Dave Clark is the way to go as a middle ground. Don’t go cheap Chinese there was a pretty big difference.

2 minutes ago, Mutiny said:

I’ve got a pair of light speed Zulu 3’s if you’re interested, worn for 2 lessons! Fantastically comfortable, think I paid around £900 for them

Will check out the specs.

Pm me with the asking price.

Edd 

Now

Keeping in mind that the last time that I flew GA was in 96, the options back then for the School was of course DC or Peltor.

Then Harry Mendelssohn came out with their HM40 which was a version of the DC 

Them things got used and abused by students day in and out and I cannot recall a single problem with them- good value and I see from a quick search, that they are still being produced

Nowadays in my current machine we seem to alternate between BOSE noise cancelling or Sennheiser