SCREEN TYPE NIGHT VISION/ SCREEN TYPE HAND TYPE SPOTTERS , USE OF COLOR FILTERS ? ?

hello, any PW member with the above and tried a color filter, the sort that the film industry use sold on Ebay, on the Night Vision forum some found red best one or 2 the green, i ordered a red off ebay but found similar in my local stationers shop, tried it last night on the spotter, my main reason was to diffuse the white light throw back, my spotter has 3 adjustments, brightness/contrast/saturation, together with infra red, not sure with the scope add on screens, any way i cut a piece out from the shop bought red sheet and taped on front of screen, (some on the N/V forum take off front panel and fit theirs) first it did make a difference in that although the throw back light is red its much less conspicuous the the white, next was to adjust the screen for clarity day/night then using I/R which on my spotter you only need about an hour after sun set, first attempts look promising, feed back if you have done this would be welcome, cheers

9 hours ago, telf said:

Try this , 0.6 ND neutral density lighting filter gel 24cm x 24cm  £1.89 off flea bay ,cant send you the number as its not showing on my flea bay for some reason , this is the stuff dave g , some bloke  uses on his NV rigs

hello, thanks telf, Dave has already mentioned the neutral  density, 0.6 will reduce the light by 30/50 %,   Ash at custom rifle scopes said to try the red, 1 sheet will do about 6 screens,  

Edited by oldypigeonpopper