Golfing for the Older person…...

KB1

Just invested in some new clubs as I was beginning to struggle a bit out there as I'm approaching 60yrs🥴, and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!  Changed my driver and irons to a Senior Flex shaft, and invested in a Scotty Cameron putter👍  What a difference it makes to my game……… taken 10 shots off already😄   I would recommend to anyone who's starting to hook, slice fat or thin their shots, or if your just slowing down your swing due to older age.

Of course, you know what Lee Trevino said about new clubs? 'They like you till they get to know you!" 😁 

But Camerons are great putters. I've had one for over 10 years and it would be my go-to putter if I had to hole a 6 footer for my life. That said, it recently lost its place in my bag to a ladies old brass Mizuno centre-shaft thing that's probably 40 years old. When your putting goes off the boil it's surprising what will get it back on the rails again. It's a game of unknowns that's for sure.

Edited by Retsdon

I shoot a golf course and the folk l meet are all very polite and interested in what l’m doing around the course and l don’t think l’ve ever had any detrimental comment’s from anyone.

On a plus point anyone l meet is always handed a plethora of balls that l collect during my session at the course as l’m in places they don’t get to, the only downside l find is that at dawn or dusk your set up in a particular area when “TONK” and a ball sail’s past and has ruined your shooting for the next hour.

l have my hours worked out when the course is supposedly shut, but golfers have their own itinerary.