Work boot recommendations

MBW

Looking for recommendations for work boots,  they must be safety boots, I prefer higher leg as I can't really wear normal ankle boots.  Preferably waterproof. I've had altbergs, dickies and a few different models of magnums, I'm using magnum rigmasters just now the only thing letting them down was they weren't fully waterproof but I'm edging towards haix airpower,  anyone had haix boots that can offer a yay or nay  or any other ideas that are worth a look. Cheers 👍 

I can not recommend these boots enough. £40-90 depending where you buy . 

Anyone that knows me off here ( lots lol ) will know my walking is terrible and these boots have helped me lots. I’ve even gone shooting in them and for me that’s a miracle. 

I used to use higher boots than these but it destroyed my calf muscles and at pyshio he told me to loosen my laces off and it worked. ( still can’t walk lol 😂)

im wearing them 15-17 hours a day ,6 days a week.  

88480830-AA4A-47E4-93D4-303D8FAAD345.png

Edited by team tractor

I've worn redbacks for the last few years, dealer boots but they do, do a taller Lace up. I'm talking 12 hours a day 7 days a week use and I get 18 months out of a pair.

My next pair are going to be Oliver boots from Australia, they do a taller safety boot with laces and a side zip, get very good reviews but have to be imported as no UK dealer. 

11 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

I've worn redbacks for the last few years, dealer boots but they do, do a taller Lace up. I'm talking 12 hours a day 7 days a week use and I get 18 months out of a pair.

My next pair are going to be Oliver boots from Australia, they do a taller safety boot with laces and a side zip, get very good reviews but have to be imported as no UK dealer. 

what he sald

9 hours ago, team tractor said:

im wearing them 15-17 hours a day ,6 days a week.  

9 hours ago, Big Mat said:

Guys if your wearing safety boots for that amount of time I would buy another pair, change them daily or at dinner if possible, your feet will thank you.

I'm wearing Jalas boots, I got them at my last spot as they were the only boot saying it was a wide fitting, got a shock when i bought another pair but there good.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Guys if your wearing safety boots for that amount of time I would buy another pair, change them daily or at dinner if possible, your feet will thank you.

I'm wearing Jalas boots, I got them at my last spot as they were the only boot saying it was a wide fitting, got a shock when i bought another pair but there good.

I take them off when I get home . Some days it’s only 12 hours but I do keep getting told off by doctors etc for wearing them so long . 

I wear Mendel forestry boots for work hi leg steel shank and toe caps. Not cheap (£175,)but my last pair are over 3,years old and the cement  and lime mortar does not affect the stitching unlike a lot of the cheaper boots!  That fall to bits in a few weeks or so !! I have got my moneys worth out of them 😃and there’s still plenty of life left in them.

16 hours ago, Mice! said:

+1 to this. Particularly if your feet sweat in them (mine do!) then two pairs, alternating daily, makes a world of difference for your feet. 

As everyone's feet are different what suits one may not suit you.  Go on any site and you will see lots of different boots, all will say they're the best and it's why they wear them.

Only recommendation for high leg I'd make is get some with a side zip. Easy on and off but still get the ankle support.

In terms of quality, Meindl and Haix make very good boots.

Everyone finds a boot that fits and works for them (bit like buying a gun). 

We all have our favourites. 20+ year ago I had a great pair of Doc Martins with padded ankles and steel toes.Great for work and I even played football in them at lunchtimes.

My current pair for very occasional wear are some generic CAT type boot.

• 3 years later...

I use Stanley fatmax sagety boots, they are comfortable for a work boot and reasonably priced. When on site work they were only lasting about 6 months though, around 20000 steps a day.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-fatmax-ontario-safety-boots-black-size-9/9442v

Edit - I'm pretty sure they used to be cheaper than that.

Just checked, £39.99, last time in bought a pair.

Edited by Newbie to this