How do people...

Benthejockey

On 28/08/2019 at 17:18, KB1 said:

Can a stray hedgehog or rabbit be classed as a 'Road Condition' 🥴?

Yes, because that hedgehog could be a person ,dog or child, even a slow or stopped tractor, weather conditions.i t all affects the condition s in which you are driving in.

where I live which is rural you very rarely see a hedgehog and if you do see one it’s on the road where some bats has killed it.

Rant over.

S.B.

2 hours ago, Stour-boy said:

Yes, because that hedgehog could be a person ,dog or child, even a slow or stopped tractor, weather conditions.i t all affects the condition s in which you are driving in.

where I live which is rural you very rarely see a hedgehog and if you do see one it’s on the road where some bats has killed it.

Rant over.

S.B.

So, not only can a hedgehog be a 'road condition', it can also be a person, dog or child……and to top it off, Bats are now driving🤪   Be great going out for a pint with you👍😊

as a winkle growing up in Ireland ,     you did not slam on the brakes or swerve to avoid anything smaller than a sheepdog as living in rural area,   as it could cost the lives of the driver or others within the car / or an innocent drivers following,      touch decisions but human life has  a higher value than any mammals 

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

touch decisions but human life has  a higher value than any mammals 

Try telling the animal rights extremist loonies that......they call us (shooters and hunters)....murderers!....and would choose a fluffy bunnies life over a humans......if those humans were a shooter/hunters! 

Edited by panoma1

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:20, panoma1 said:

Try telling the animal rights extremist loonies that......they call us (shooters and hunters)....murderers!....and would choose a fluffy bunnies life over a humans......if those humans were a shooter/hunters! 

you cannot discuss anything with extremists even if their own eyes witness it, they do not believe  , I grew up an hour from an ambulance 45m from a voluntary fire station that's if some found you in a ditch to make the phone call from the nearest home with a landline phone  ,  as we now take it for granted everyone has a mobile ,  a mobile does not always work in a rural area so you could be trapped for hours before found dead or alive  all because you swerved to save a rabbit  ,in rural country lanes we were taught brake in a straight line,  never swerve  , as it could cost you your life  , 

I swerve / brake etc to avoid hitting anything in the road.  It is easy enough to do, I do a lot of rural driving and hit very little, a few pheasants have committed suicide by running out at the last second from a perfectly safe verge but that is about it. I even swerve to avoid frogs in the road, although most tend to be frog shaped leaves.  Hedgehogs get run over because they are hard to see, Hares get run over because they often run away from the car and zig zag infront of it taking a while before they decide to break left or right onto the verge.  Most potential road kill can be avoided safely enough

Edited by scolopax