Anyone braving it today

Shotguneddy

Been watching a wheat field in the last few days, crop still standing, and with a couple of fields of peas cut about a quarter of a mile away with a lot of activity occurring in the late afternoon with pigeons fighting up and down the fields and woods but with temps in the 30s and very light winds forecast today I'm a bit unsure whether to brave it. Anyone else having ago today 

Went out at 11.30, set up a hide  under a massive oak tree put out 1  diy hypa flap dec 25 yards in the wheat and ready to go by 12, saw lots of activity for pigeons but all sticking just out of bounds going over the maize to my side and sticking tight to the woods really low down which I fort was weird considering the lack of any breeze, but pulled a few over for a look and ended with 12 pigeons for 18 shots with the 410, so worth it in the end even tho it was really hot, but generally numbers in my area are increasing and ours has still to be cut most other farms within couple of miles have been done weeks so hopefully better times ahead, Cheer's

7 hours ago, Shotguneddy said:

Been watching a wheat field in the last few days, crop still standing, and with a couple of fields of peas cut about a quarter of a mile away with a lot of activity occurring in the late afternoon with pigeons fighting up and down the fields and woods but with temps in the 30s and very light winds forecast today I'm a bit unsure whether to brave it. Anyone else having ago today 

give it a go

17 minutes ago, Shotguneddy said:

Went out at 11.30, set up a hide  under a massive oak tree put out 1  diy hypa flap dec 25 yards in the wheat and ready to go by 12, saw lots of activity for pigeons but all sticking just out of bounds going over the maize to my side and sticking tight to the woods really low down which I fort was weird considering the lack of any breeze, but pulled a few over for a look and ended with 12 pigeons for 18 shots with the 410, so worth it in the end even tho it was really hot, but generally numbers in my area are increasing and ours has still to be cut most other farms within couple of miles have been done weeks so hopefully better times ahead, Cheer's

you did and well done eddy

yesterday for me ,wheatfield still getting a bashing, found a shady corner , used 20 bore hushpower pump, took plenty of small bottles of lemon and lime , nothing fancy, just eighteen , only shot what I could pick, lets lots go past , turning a bit black now , hope he combines soon , cooler this week they say.

5 hours ago, wymberley said:

Wish I hadn't. No interest in my decoys shown at all. In the end the heat got to me.

Went on some old rape stubble Saturday dinnertime till later on in the afternoon , there was a stiffish breeze blowing and I was in the shade at the base of a large Oak tree so to begin with it was quite bearable , one or two pigeons were on the move and I kept getting the odd shot at one either over the decoys or making towards the tree I was under for the same reason I was there , shade from the hot sun , to begin with I thought about a dozen would be my lot , I got up to 12 after a couple of hours , then it slowed down to a trickle when the sun began to come into view , from around 4.30 the sun was getting to much for me and having shot 16 I called it a day around five o clock , walking over the field to pick up a pigeon that dropped I didn't realise how hot it was and believe you me it was like being in a oven , far to hot for my ageing body 😎