Drones an Privacy

Davyo

Had a drone over the weekend flying over our garden.Wifes freaking out and coming indoors when she could be out lying in the sun.I know they( looking at the size of it)are supposed to be flew under 400ft. It probably been flown over 50ft (so outside of the 50ft with the vicinity of a person or property) so what's the law covers ones privacy?

And why is some sad ****** looking down on people's gardens.Are they looking to see what's there to pinch or just perving on women & children.

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

You might just get your answer in a few days when someone knocks at your door offering aeriel photo's of your property for some extortionate fee.

We’ve had a few good photos of the farm from them. It’s quite funny though as they come round asking for an extortionate rate for photos that they’ve already printed. I remember once I just said no, then offered a tenner for them. I reasoned that they had no value to anyone else, so he either gets £10 for the photos and digital copy, or he gets nothing! 

2 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Yes it's illegal and a police matter. The rules governing drones makes it almost impossible to fly them anywhere.

Unfortunately it's also illegal to shoot them down.

I'm wondering what exactly you'll be nicked with? Criminal damage? 

Edited by Farmboy91

Who iin their right mind is going to say to the Police i was illegally flying my drone over their garden videoing his wife sunbathing and he shot my drone down.

Could do with a signal jammer to focus on it.

We had one flew over the neighbors garden when I was trying to shoot a rabbit that's eating the veg in the garden. It must have saw me as it soon ******** off after it turned out way.

At fifty foot Davyo a skeet number 9 shot would finish it and no worry about shot fall causing damage.

Edited by figgy

7 minutes ago, figgy said:

Who iin their right mind is going to say to the Police i was illegally flying my drone over their garden videoing his wife sunbathing and he shot my drone down.

Could do with a signal jammer to focus on it.

We had one flew over the neighbors garden when I was trying to shoot a rabbit that's eating the veg in the garden. It must have saw me as it soon ******** off after it turned out way.

At fifty foot Davyo a skeet number 9 shot would finish it and no worry about shot fall causing damage.

I hope your joking, sure fire way to lose your licence 🙄

Your more likely one of the neighbours calling the Police than the drone pilot.

That aside, there’s a 99% chance it’s being flown by a child, adolescent or idiot who just thinks it’s cool and good fun to go around looking at stuff, rather than some sort of voyeur weirdo. 

If you check the laws governing such things I think you will find the minimum distance required is 50m from persons and property and not 50 feet, also it must not overfly built up areas so if it was indeed 50 feet ( about twice the height of the average house ) then it was being flown illegally on two counts.

5 hours ago, sportsbob said:

If you check the laws governing such things I think you will find the minimum distance required is 50m from persons and property and not 50 feet, also it must not overfly built up congested areas so if it was indeed 50 feet ( about twice the height of the average house ) then it was being flown illegally on two counts.

I was recently helping a lady with a broken ankle on a hillside.  A drone appeared and spent ten minutes hovering between 10 and 15m from the casualty.  It did nothing but cause distress to an already distressed person in an already unpleasant situation, in fact we had to cover her with an emergency shelter to provide her with some privacy whilst we took care of her - it was a hot day and the shelter added another level of discomfort for the poor lady.  The drone was too close to her for us to even risk knocking it out of the sky with a rock etc... Turns out, if we had, we would've been potentially guilty of 'endangering an aircraft' . We had an inkling where the drone came from but no way of proving it, and has already been said, who would own up to it?   Irrespective of the legalities, the actions of whoever was flying this drone was just plain selfish.