People really can’t drive

team tractor

I really am shocked by people’s driving of late.

12 months ago I had a woman reverse out of a space straight into my front bumper and good as gold she paid for the damage ( lovely lady)

i went Porthmadog a month ago and while parked up waiting for my wife i had a Honda reverse into my back bumper. I got out and checked the damage and it was a few marks, I said don’t worry.

He drove off and the very next car drove into the space and hit the bumper again. Hardly damaged and he said sorry so off he went.

Today I was parked in hopwood services waiting for the wife to get food and yep it happened again. He’s creased the bumper and the sensors went funny for a little while. He hit me at a fair pace and if I’d been in the back of the van he’d of really hurt me . He said sorry and I’ve had his details but his wife started getting mardy with me 🙄

Thats four four times in a year , 3 in a month ??? . I was parked up in between the lines and engine off . I’m gobsmacked that a 6m long red van is invisible to people.

Edited by team tractor

13 minutes ago, old'un said:

Most Staffordshire drivers are the same.

We do try lol. 

I never knew Porthmadog and hopwood were in staffs ??? 😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Coming back from Yorkshire yesterday on the M1 we ran into a hold up, almost immediately idiots started going down the hard shoulder.

M5 today was the same. Under take then over take . I could do 180mph and I’d be over taken 

5 minutes ago, team tractor said:

We do try lol. 

I never knew Porthmadog and hopwood were in staffs  😂😂😂😂

M5 today was the same. Under take then over take . I could do 180mph and I’d be over taken 

They get everywhere those Staffs drivers. ;)

On the A14 upgrade the other night, two into one lane signed for 800yds. Two cars refused to let me filter right. eventually pushed my way in behind them. Then all the other traffic, including hgv's carried on undertaking right up to the closure bringing the whole lot to a standstill. The only thing that got it moving again was another couple of cars including me straddling the lanes to stop undertaking. As soon as I got moving in the single lane I could see the traffic backing up again in my rearview mirror as idiots in the left lane tried to push right to the front.

If everyone had started filtering as soon as it was signed then nobody needed to stop. I'd left plenty of room for others to do so in front of me but, no, they had to carry on til they caused a jam.

What happened to consideration for other road users?

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

Doesn't stop at vehicles, my car has been hit by 2 shopping trolleys in less than a year! No idea who's to blame neither.

Wife works at Aldi in the day. Guess how many dents she gets 😞 . Poor fiesta has 4 good scratches/dents. 

She takes my shooting car shopping now to save dents at Asda etc 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

They get everywhere those Staffs drivers. ;)

Terrible isn’t it ;) lol

Talking to the owner of a local butchers shop last week, she told me some bloke had just reversed into her van in the Lakes a few days ago. She had got his mobile number and name and his reg’ number and his assurance he would square up after admitting it was his fault. 

Turns out his number was false, so she’d found him on social media and was subsequently blocked. Her insurance company have told her they can’t do anything without his insurance details and the police have told her they ‘ can’t do anything about it.’ When she’d said, ‘You could if you wanted to,’ she was informed it wasn’t worth their time. Not a happy woman. 

I had the back of my classic caravan stoved in by a plumber in a services coming back from Brum. He got out looked at the back of his van then the back of my caravan and drove off the swine :no: 

when I got back to the car a nice old lady told me what had happened and unfortunately couldn’t get the reg for her eye sight! I asked the services for the CCTV but was told they don’t give out the footage :no: 

only today on the way way back from Ashington I came across a roundabout and a guy pulled out in front of me! Slammed on his brakes and had the Gaul to shake his head at me. Cheeky sod. 

26 minutes ago, Scully said:

Talking to the owner of a local butchers shop last week, she told me some bloke had just reversed into her van in the Lakes a few days ago. She had got his mobile number and name and his reg’ number and his assurance he would square up after admitting it was his fault. 

Turns out his number was false, so she’d found him on social media and was subsequently blocked. Her insurance company have told her they can’t do anything without his insurance details and the police have told her they ‘ can’t do anything about it.’ When she’d said, ‘You could if you wanted to,’ she was informed it wasn’t worth their time. Not a happy woman. 

I have his number as he rang me in front of myself. The sensors seem to of gone back to normal so I think I’ll leave it. He was on about things and my wife walked up to me and I said to him don’t worry it’s second nature to her being police and said we watched it on dash cam . He realised he can’t deny it. 

I just hate hassle 

1 minute ago, Lord Geordie said:

I had the back of my classic caravan stoved in by a plumber in a services coming back from Brum. He got out looked at the back of his van then the back of my caravan and drove off the swine :no: 

when I got back to the car a nice old lady told me what had happened and unfortunately couldn’t get the reg for her eye sight! I asked the services for the CCTV but was told they don’t give out the footage :no: 

only today on the way way back from Ashington I came across a roundabout and a guy pulled out in front of me! Slammed on his brakes and had the Gaul to shake his head at me. Cheeky sod. 

Something you don’t need currently. Hope all is as ok as can be. 

2 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Sounds to me like you're jinxed. 😀😀

I’m passed  jinxed 😞 

the last few months I’ve struggled with a lot of things but this has upset me. Denting your own car is one thing but for others to do it this much is upsetting. 

Edited by team tractor

20 hours ago, KFC said:

On the A14 upgrade the other night, two into one lane signed for 800yds. Two cars refused to let me filter right. eventually pushed my way in behind them. Then all the other traffic, including hgv's carried on undertaking right up to the closure bringing the whole lot to a standstill. The only thing that got it moving again was another couple of cars including me straddling the lanes to stop undertaking. As soon as I got moving in the single lane I could see the traffic backing up again in my rearview mirror as idiots in the left lane tried to push right to the front.

If everyone had started filtering as soon as it was signed then nobody needed to stop. I'd left plenty of room for others to do so in front of me but, no, they had to carry on til they caused a jam.

What happened to consideration for other road users?

Half the problem is when it says lane is closing in 800 yards a lot just stop and try to get across, if they kept going and were allowed to filter that would avoid the tailback

As for straddling lanes I'm sorry that is just wrong and that helps nothing, if there are two lanes they should be used

22 minutes ago, Paddy Galore! said:

something I notice more on a bike, I find myself looking further down the road for potential idiots but they're everywhere!

Now I just assume that everyone else on the road is a ***** bag out for the kill and take action accordingly

Self appointed law enforcers

Id like to hear their defence if they did it to an unmarked car

If there are two lanes use them, it says ends in 800 yards to give warning, it doesn't say lane ends now, although when you see some I think that's what they think it means!

AT NIGHT I PULLED UP OUTSIDE MY DRIVE  OVER TO THE NEARSIDE HAZARDS  ON ALOWING VEHICLES BEHIND ME TO OVERTAKE AND WAITING  FOR AN ON COMING VEHICLE TO PASS BEFORE I TURN ONTO DRIVE AS HE PELTS PAST ME HE TAKES OFF MY MIRROR HE THEN SWITCHES OFF HIS LIGHTS AND SPEEDS AWAY. . TWO THINGS THE ROAD HAS A TWENTY MILE AN HOUR LIMIT AND HE MUST HAVE MOVED OVER TO MY SIDE OF THE ROAD.  IF I HAD BEEN SAY CHANGING A TYRE ON THE OFFSIDE I WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED.  

I see a vehicle pass my house with a taped up mirror can't say if it was him but he still speeds down this road every time I see the tw t. 

Edited by scutt

23 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’m passed  jinxed 😞 

the last few months I’ve struggled with a lot of things but this has upset me. Denting your own car is one thing but for others to do it this much is upsetting. 

No laughing matter TT , but after following some of your previous threads where you keep your local hospital in full time employment , I reckon after your motor got clipped a few times with you in attendance , your luck must be improving because no damage to your body was mentioned and your local A + E must have had a sigh of relief  :good:  

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

No laughing matter TT , but after following some of your previous threads where you keep your local hospital in full time employment , I reckon after your motor got clipped a few times with you in attendance , your luck must be improving because no damage to your body was mentioned and your local A + E must have had a sigh of relief  :good:  

I’d be happy with my van being left and hitting me 😀. I could claim then ;)  

32 minutes ago, scutt said:

AT NIGHT I PULLED UP OUTSIDE MY DRIVE  OVER TO THE NEARSIDE HAZARDS  ON ALOWING VEHICLES BEHIND ME TO OVERTAKE AND WAITING  FOR AN ON COMING VEHICLE TO PASS BEFORE I TURN ONTO DRIVE AS HE PELTS PAST ME HE TAKES OFF MY MIRROR HE THEN SWITCHES OFF HIS LIGHTS AND SPEEDS AWAY. . TWO THINGS THE ROAD HAS A TWENTY MILE AN HOUR LIMIT AND HE MUST HAVE MOVED OVER TO MY SIDE OF THE ROAD.  IF I HAD BEEN SAY CHANGING A TYRE ON THE OFFSIDE I WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED.  

I see a vehicle pass my house with a taped up mirror can't say if it was him but he still speeds down this road every time I see the tw t. 

I had someone hit my old van 10 years ago or more . I pulled over to let him pass and he drove straight into me causing £2000 damage. I gave chase and lost him at a speed I can’t mention. I was livid but found out a few years later after a customer joked about it . Turns out he’s not one to confront and I might not of been here if I’d caught him.