Photon rt

Tomh111

hello, am just about to do the same with an XT , you can leave the cap shut with pin hole or take out middle, or i have some red color thin sheet i cut to a small circle and tape on cap to zero in the day time, i will leave on my CZ 455  now till next spring, on the rail is a block stop so i can replace my day scope without worry on POI, is you RT  the same for zeroing as the XT, do you have instruction book ? 

42 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, am just about to do the same with an XT , you can leave the cap shut with pin hole or take out middle, or i have some red color thin sheet i cut to a small circle and tape on cap to zero in the day time, i will leave on my CZ 455  now till next spring, on the rail is a block stop so i can replace my day scope without worry on POI, is you RT  the same for zeroing as the XT, do you have instruction book ? 

Ive had both, and i normally do it on dusk i find works best as durring the day its impossible!

4 hours ago, Tomh111 said:

Ive had both, and i normally do it on dusk i find works best as durring the day its impossible!

hello, that is why i mentioned the MK 1 photons these had a rubber cap with red filter for day time use,  another way is to leave the cap on with small hole and use a red reticule, once you start  at a 100 yards getting a rough POI  as mentioned in the instructions, although a bit difficult  to see a normal size target i black out the 2 middle rings and finish off with the target at 50 yards, i will hope to do my XT tomorrow,  i must say the MK 1s were much easier to do,  

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that is why i mentioned the MK 1 photons these had a rubber cap with red filter for day time use,  another way is to leave the cap on with small hole and use a red reticule, once you start  at a 100 yards getting a rough POI  as mentioned in the instructions, although a bit difficult  to see a normal size target i black out the 2 middle rings and finish off with the target at 50 yards, i will hope to do my XT tomorrow,  i must say the MK 1s were much easier to do,  

hello, just to add not sure why you need to start at 100 yards like it states in the instructions, 

14 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

i am using mine on my .22lr also

hello, did you have problems getting the mounts adjusted, also which mounts are you using, i am using the ones i had the MK 1 Photon on, a set of high sports match, i prefer 2 rings,  its to hot today for setting up, but using a red laser that sits in the breech it showed the photon is not sitting level, with X and Y set at 0 the red laser dot was very low, so have shimmed the back mount for starters which brought the red dot up to within an inch of the centre cross, what did you find setting your L/R up, cheers 

Hi i just have medium scope mounts on my brno mod 2 they are  sports match  setting at 70 yards  on my 4.6x42  xt settings are Y= -27  X= 0  the cross hair is a bit lower in the screen  hope this helps   ps if you are using a lazer bore sighter  at 25 yds say the lazer beem will be lower with any scope