Spanish gun ID

NatureBoy

Got a  much loved little 20 bore Spanish sxs off an ol boi that was packing in shooting a while back. Well used  pretty side lock double trigger with a few dinks but still in good working order. Not as old as he or i thought going by proof marks M1. Think 1961. But also has what looks like a + and G1 beside it. Has manufacturers name on top of right barrel. But it's well worn and very hard to read; Have looked but can't can't seem to find a manufactures name that looks like it?

Under magnifying glass on top of the right barrel it looks like it reads , , ,    Fca DE MIGUET  T. APRAMAGA __ PLACFNCIA   (ESPANIA)   Number under barrels read 35887

What would choke be? Right barrel reads 15.5 over 15.8 Left 14.6 over 15.8   Guess 1/4 n 3/4      Also further down under both barrels has 15.5

Under right barrel has what looks like AY or AV?   Under left barrel has what looks like an H in a diamond?

I can even hit pigeons with it and fun to shoot. But it feels more like a gun you tuck in your jacket and hold up banks with.

Any help  appreciated! Ta!   NB

41 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

The closest I can get to the name is Miguel Larranaga, Placencia, Espana? I had a Boxlock of this make in the sixties!

I think you have got it Panoma1!😁 The worn lettering mainly the L's threw me and others, I had shown it to peps, asked and tried looking without success. Should of known to ask here first!  Ta very much! That's cheered up a  carp weekend for me.  NB

Your chokes are tight for the 1/4 and 3/4 more in between 1/4+3/8 also in-between 3/4+7/8. Every .25mm tighter is a 1/4 of choke.

Pattern with your carts to see exactly what your getting as could have been opened up in the past. Or check them with Vernier caliper.

I have a Spanish sxs that was 3/4 but threw very tight full patterns with plastic wad carts and more like 7/8 with fiber wads. Cut the chokes off the gun, now it's better.

Spanish choke s are not a fixed size as we are accustomed to and are marked up by the proof house  along with weight at proof  . They use a system of "between " sizes so a nominal 1/4 choke , -010" could be -008" to -012" , increments of -01mm or -004".

The sizes are about if you want to look them up .