Coop stella and beef burgers

harrycatcat1

13 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I have only just noticed this tonight but I think the offer expires tonight, if you are still out and about pick some up. I have just got 2x4 burgers and 8 bottles of stella for 7 quid.

https://www.coop.co.uk/products/deals/super-saver-3-pound-fifty

Beef burgers that probably don't contain anything thats been near a cow and 8 bottle of wife beater? Sounds like you have some fun at your house HCC!

2 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I really wasn’t impressed with the wagu burgers.

Their extra special burgers are far nicer

Agreed.

I'm a bit of a barbecue snob these days, BUT, one of the best burgers out there are the Iceland quarter pounders - Cook and taste lovely and they're 2 quid for 4!!

A lot depends on your taste and how the burgers are cooked - you can make the cheapest Morrisons burgers taste like nectar on a BBQ if you know what you are doing or a local artisan £10/burger taste like poo if you cook it in the oven. A common misconception, for example, is that McDonals use cheap cuts in their burgers but that's not the case - with their buying power and risk to their reputation they only buy the best.

57 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

A lot depends on your taste and how the burgers are cooked - you can make the cheapest Morrisons burgers taste like nectar on a BBQ if you know what you are doing or a local artisan £10/burger taste like poo if you cook it in the oven. A common misconception, for example, is that McDonals use cheap cuts in their burgers but that's not the case - with their buying power and risk to their reputation they only buy the best.

I can confirm, that many years ago ( when I worked in a slaughterhouse ), that McDonald's beef was the best of the best , god knows how they managed to turn it into that crud that they serve over the counter😕

7 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Agreed.

I'm a bit of a barbecue snob these days, BUT, one of the best burgers out there are the Iceland quarter pounders - Cook and taste lovely and they're 2 quid for 4!!

I’ve have to agree...

Iceland burgers are very tasty 👍

:shaun:

13 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I really wasn’t impressed with the wagu burgers.

Their extra special burgers are far nicer

Are they the ones with ground up bone marrow added in? Very tasty but very fatty.

I like their 5% fat burgers, or failing that buy 5% beef mince and season myself, sometimes use a burger press although tonight I just had them "Sloppy Joe" style with diced shallots cooking into them. Delicious!