Please sign petition

old'un

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, old'un said:

Well it looks like Avery and co have a rival petition, perhaps this is where BASC could step-in and email/text/post all its members, I have signed it, every little helps.

Do not ban grouse shootingโ€ฆhttps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269896?fbclid=IwAR1bW-Syim4D60a6r9h8DcNH_xQlXABhIzwB-OSau1jWCRuonBXUcJAmaeU

Done

This has been running a week! They got nearly 60,000 in a weekย We have got to up our game! They only asking for a ban on driven grouse shooting. I don't think this will help or do us any favours and may even benefitย  them if don't do well.ย Anyone know who Neil Jones is?ย  ย NB

The power that can retain grouse shooting is the Establishment and the Money. It is fortunate for us that yet again our petard has been such a damp squib that we didn't even feel the blast. Unfortunately, though, those at WJ are more sensitive. All they need to do is while acknowledging that in a democracy it is the duty of the majority to protect the rights of any minority, is to ask if it's right that tens ofย  thousands of acres are reserved for the pleasure of such a small minority when the facilities could be used for far greater numbers and which would have the effect of increasing the income generated in the areas in question without detriment to the well being of those areas and their wildlife if properly controlled. And particularly when there are alternatives available to that minority. Then they just need to throw in the bit about no further illegal activities with regard to the birds of prey. Who then will have the greatest power, those "priveliged" few with the dosh or the gullible urban masses?

"Upping our game?" When do we think we'll get around to it?

4 hours ago, wymberley said:

The power that can retain grouse shooting is the Establishment and the Money. It is fortunate for us that yet again our petard has been such a damp squib that be didn't even feel the blast. Unfortunately, though, those at WJ are more sensitive. All they need to do is while acknowledging that in a democracy it is the duty of the majority to protect the rights of any minority, is to ask if it's right that tens ofย  thosands of acres are reserved for the pleasure such a small minority when the facilities could be used for far greater numbers and which would have the effect of increasing the income generated in the areas in question without detriment to the well being of those areas and their wildlife if properly controlled. And particularly when there are alternatives available to that minority. Then they just need to throw in the bit about no further illegal activities with regard to the birds of prey. Who then will have the greatest power, those "priveliged" few with the dosh or the gullible urban masses?

"Upping our game?" When do we think we'll get around to it?

By the pathetic response to this petitionโ€ฆ..Never.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

By the pathetic response to this petitionโ€ฆ..Never.

I suppose we could possibly leave it to the BGA (well posted by the way). If they could increase their figures 10 fold, then there may well be a case that simple arithmatic makes the advantages impossible to deny.

46 minutes ago, islandgun said:

1.5 million shooters in Britain.. driven grouse is done.. what next ?

If we were to assume that the usual 10% responded, then that would mean when push finally comes to shove that there will be some 40,000 shooters with funds looking for some shooting. Of course, it wouldn't just stop at the grouse chaps but also the other driven game guys which would mean that that's now in excess of 500,000 shooters with a fair share of disposable income on the look out for some shooting. If I was a young pigeon shooter who has been lucky enough to find some shooting and wished to keep hold of it, I'd be signing that petition in a flash before the farmer weakened in the face of copious quantities of the folding green stuff now on offer via a convoy of plush 4X4s which have suddenly appeared in the farmyard.

On 28/08/2019 at 09:15, old'un said:

Well it looks like Avery and co have a rival petition, perhaps this is where BASC could step-in and email/text/post all its members, I have signed it, every little helps.

Do not ban grouse shootingโ€ฆhttps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269896?fbclid=IwAR1bW-Syim4D60a6r9h8DcNH_xQlXABhIzwB-OSau1jWCRuonBXUcJAmaeU

If you hadnt pointed it out i wouldnt have known there was a petition.. BASC membership 150,000 !

Edited by islandgun

If I had not checked Averyโ€™s blog to see what they are up-to I would not have known about it and I am a BASC member.

I emailed BASC and asked them if they had sent out any texts/emails/post etc but no reply from them.

I donโ€™t do any deer stalking but if it came under pressure from the likes of WJ I would be the first to put my name to a petition in support of stalking, we/shooters just seem so apathetic until it effects us directly.

12 minutes ago, old'un said:

If I had not checked Averyโ€™s blog to see what they are up-to I would not have known about it and I am a BASC member.

I emailed BASC and asked them if they had sent out any texts/emails/post etc but no reply from them.

I donโ€™t do any deer stalking but if it came under pressure from the likes of WJ I would be the first to put my name to a petition in support of stalking, we/shooters just seem so apathetic until it effects us directly.

Im also a member of BASC but heard nothing, personally i dont do driven grouse, but i am concerned for the moorland that is left un-managed.the wildfires and roast baby curlew..๐Ÿ˜ก