Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
old'un

Please sign petition

Recommended Posts

Done👍  It's at 4092 signatures when I signed…….. some way still to go😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👍 x 2. Used `her-in-doors` email account as well.

Still short of 5,000 which is pretty poor.

Edited by JJsDad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well! They have there 100k+. So it gets debated, It the most popular looked at/signed  gov petition over weekend. They talk of petitions that have not reached target will be pulled in 9 days because of whats going on with gov/parliament at mo. Still think this ban one strange! Odd wording and petitioner (Neil Jones) not known  or promoting it? Yet they ( Avery and co) have put it on and all over there social media and ramped up there campaign. Something wrong me thinks! But hey! If the thinking is these petitions don't mean anything then we have nothing to worry about! Right!? Remember folk saying that about hunting!     NB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Well! They have there 100k+. So it gets debated, It the most popular looked at/signed  gov petition over weekend. They talk of petitions that have not reached target will be pulled in 9 days because of whats going on with gov/parliament at mo. Still think this ban one strange! Odd wording and petitioner (Neil Jones) not known  or promoting it? Yet they ( Avery and co) have put it on and all over there social media and ramped up there campaign. Something wrong me thinks! But hey! If the thinking is these petitions don't mean anything then we have nothing to worry about! Right!? Remember folk saying that about hunting!     NB

Ah a debate in the commons, as we know, politicians have enormous integrity so wont be swayed by the popular vote, what next i wonder, pheasant rearing and release or woodcock and snipe

Edited by islandgun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Ah a debate in the commons, as we know, politicians have enormous integrity so wont be swayed by the popular vote, what next i wonder, pheasant rearing and release or woodcock and snipe

Don't panic just yet - I'll tell you when. :yes: This, debate or not, will not do the business for them. They're far from stupid so before long they'll twig and change track and when they do, they'll cause trouble. As this is an open forum, you won't expect me to say precisely what I'm on about. Fortunately, it wouldn't - or shouldn't -  affect me, nor many of our visiting guests from Europe. That's the only clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2019 at 19:33, old'un said:

If I had not checked Avery’s blog to see what they are up-to I would not have known about it and I am a BASC member.

I emailed BASC and asked them if they had sent out any texts/emails/post etc but no reply from them.

I don’t do any deer stalking but if it came under pressure from the likes of WJ I would be the first to put my name to a petition in support of stalking, we/shooters just seem so apathetic until it effects us directly.

Packham is in favour of deer killing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Petition to ban driven grouse shooting. Government has replied and I don’t think CP will be amused.

Part of the reply to petitioners, 

This is a devolved matter. Defra is working with key interested parties to ensure the sustainable management of the uplands, balancing environmental and economic benefits, which includes the role of sustainable grouse shooting. 

The Government appreciates that many people hold strong views on the issue of driven grouse shooting. The Government considers that shooting activities bring many benefits to the rural economy and can in many cases be beneficial for wildlife and habitat conservation. We recognise that it is vital that wildlife and habitats are respected and protected and the law is respected. We will continue work to ensure a sustainable, mutually beneficial relationship between shooting and conservation. The Government has no plans to ban grouse shooting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Down South said:

Petition to ban driven grouse shooting. Government has replied and I don’t think CP will be amused.

Part of the reply to petitioners, 

This is a devolved matter. Defra is working with key interested parties to ensure the sustainable management of the uplands, balancing environmental and economic benefits, which includes the role of sustainable grouse shooting. 

The Government appreciates that many people hold strong views on the issue of driven grouse shooting. The Government considers that shooting activities bring many benefits to the rural economy and can in many cases be beneficial for wildlife and habitat conservation. We recognise that it is vital that wildlife and habitats are respected and protected and the law is respected. We will continue work to ensure a sustainable, mutually beneficial relationship between shooting and conservation. The Government has no plans to ban grouse shooting. 

Any shooting man/woman who, when the opportunity arises considers voting for Corbin or the Lib Dumbs.......think on! Whatever you think of the current government....they refuse to be railroaded by the extremists like Packham, Tingey and Avery! 

Good on them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 20:32, panoma1 said:

Any shooting man/woman who, when the opportunity arises considers voting for Corbin or the Lib Dumbs.......think on! Whatever you think of the current government....they refuse to be railroaded by the extremists like Packham, Tingey and Avery! 

Good on them!

See this...………..https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/11/defra-caves-chris-packham-announce-review-release-game-birds/?utm_campaign=1102425_12%2F09%2F2019&utm_medium=dotmailer&utm_source=Countryside Alliance&dm_i=44G9,NMMX,4W2E83,2S9WS,1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...