Restoring Gold Triggers

Wingman

Hi all

My beretta 682 came with a spare trigger that’s quite worn and most of the gold plating has worn off. Just wondering if anyone knows if they can be replated and if so could recommend where I can go to get it done?

Edited by Wingman

10 minutes ago, Wingman said:

Hi all

My beretta 682 came with a spare trigger that’s quite worn and most of the gold plating has worn off. Just wondering if anyone knows if they can be replated and if so could recommend where I can go to get it done?

I imagine it could be re-plated, however buying a replacement trigger would probably be more economical?

2 hours ago, Wingman said:

Hi all

Personally I’d remove all of it; I can’t abide gold triggers and have never bought a gun with one, but that’s just me. Each to their own. 

1 hour ago, dipper said:

Seems a bit anal  on a 682

Perhaps it is however, my 682X has become my most used gun with my other (much more expensive!) guns languishing in the safe. To be honest I thought it would only be a few quid if it could be done by someone with the kit and new triggers are quite hard to find GMK told me that they are special order. 

14 minutes ago, Wingman said:

Perhaps it is however, my 682X has become my most used gun with my other (much more expensive!) guns languishing in the safe. To be honest I thought it would only be a few quid if it could be done by someone with the kit and new triggers are quite hard to find GMK told me that they are special order. 

Special order and £50 a pop about 5 years ago.

19 hours ago, Scully said:

Personally I’d remove all of it; I can’t abide gold triggers and have never bought a gun with one, but that’s just me. Each to their own. 

I`m with you on this Scully, although I do have a Lincoln Prestige with a gold trigger.

Much prefer my 20g Macnab Highlander without any gold bling whatsoever. Understated and elegant.

OB

• 3 weeks later...