Bit of good news for change

old'un

45 minutes ago, old'un said:

Perhaps we could sell them a few pigeons? Mind you the Chinese will eat almost anything, so there’s no end to what we could sell them as a delicacy, a few crows or squirrels maybe?

Not sure if we can sell squirrels definitely can’t sell crows 

although it’s a good idea 😊😊

could work a few smooth tailed squirrels in to make the numbers up 🤭

3 hours ago, old'un said:

Perhaps we could sell them a few pigeons? Mind you the Chinese will eat almost anything, so there’s no end to what we could sell them as a delicacy, a few crows or squirrels maybe?

My wife (who's Thai) eats, among 'other delicacies', chickens feet (boiled and curried /spiced) and chickens heads (deep fried).  I've also seen some Thai folk preparing what i thought was a piglet, by burning the hairs off it over a fire.  Turns out it was a Pangolin, a type of anteater!  There could be a market in Thailand for British game.      

3 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

My wife (who's Thai) eats, among 'other delicacies', chickens feet (boiled and curried /spiced) and chickens heads (deep fried).  I've also seen some Thai folk preparing what i thought was a piglet, by burning the hairs off it over a fire.  Turns out it was a Pangolin, a type of anteater!  There could be a market in Thailand for British game.      

I was reading about pangolin today, doesnt look great.https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/pangolins-in-pictures.html  I remember in Hong Kong, street vendors were quick frying chicken feet and punters were eating them as they waited for the cinema to open. Im sure there is a huge market in China for game meat but the impression i got they like their food still kicking shortly before/during consumption

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, if i remember correct you could buy chinese rabbit in the butchers ? i know they eat dog meat, i have seen some strange things in their food markets

hello, saying this if anyone just watched BBC 2 China a new world order it does make you think that in the 21st century their human rights violations on ethnic groups and those that stand up against  Xi jinping only to be sent to prison or worse, i do not think we have seen the end of the Hong Kong troubles, 

On 29/08/2019 at 19:23, islandgun said:

Am i being dense , is the market in Hong Kong for shot birds or reared to maturity and slaughtered. good news either way

“We look forward to establishing and growing an exciting new market for assured British game, promoting sustainably and ethically shot game.”

Have eaten dog in China, bit of an acquired taste. Also live prawns, quite funny when your fighting with your food. Drew the line at frog, not the small frogs legs you get in France but a great big bullfrog of some sort. They don't just eat the legs but the whole lot. Frogs are sitting outside in a mesh bag until invited to supper. My host swore if you ate one a week you would keep all of your hair for ever. Saw him a year before I retired......bald as a cout ???