Plastering cost

paul1966

32 minutes ago, paul1966 said:

quick question for any plasterers on the forum, what would be the rough cost to have a 3m x 3m ceiling skimmed. Also would it be a big pain if it had spotlights fitted before skimming. I am in the Midlands.

I might be well out of touch but 3m x 3m is 10ft x 10ft and that would have been an easy mornings work , I would have thought no more than £100 for a one man band , but I fear I might well be way out .

15 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I might be well out of touch but 3m x 3m is 10ft x 10ft and that would have been an easy mornings work , I would have thought no more than £100 for a one man band , but I fear I might well be way out .

hello, i would consider that plus the cost of materials/ transport,  4 hours is about right, more for a jobbing builder than a plastering company,    

1 hour ago, paul1966 said:

quick question for any plasterers on the forum, what would be the rough cost to have a 3m x 3m ceiling skimmed. Also would it be a big pain if it had spotlights fitted before skimming. I am in the Midlands.

forget your spotlights and fit them after,it will be easier for plasterer and you will get a better finish ,just make a plan and cut holes after.

19 minutes ago, manthing said:

I get a fixed price of £30/m skim only with a minimum area of 5m and that includes materials. Boards and battens if required are extra. 

As for the lights it's bad enough skimming round an opening in a ceiling never mind the flippin lights.. 🙄😁

Am I getting this right,,,if I asked you to do a job skim only materials and labour ie supply and fit no boarding just finishing you get 30/mtr sq...?

Not having a go,,I'm just sitting pricing a job and an hr ago asked my man the same question so I'm comparing answers that's all,,now I'm in n.ireland so it wont really compare but this interests me as the company I'm pricing the job for are english and helps me know what they expect to pay....theres 900 sqmtr involved roughly...

5 hours ago, millrace said:

Am I getting this right,,,if I asked you to do a job skim only materials and labour ie supply and fit no boarding just finishing you get 30/mtr sq...?

Not having a go,,I'm just sitting pricing a job and an hr ago asked my man the same question so I'm comparing answers that's all,,now I'm in n.ireland so it wont really compare but this interests me as the company I'm pricing the job for are english and helps me know what they expect to pay....theres 900 sqmtr involved roughly...

I sub contract to a large shed DIY to fit kitchens and bathrooms. We work to fixed prices set by them. Most of the jobs come in at between 5-10 square meters and yes it's £30/m skim only. 

Obviously there's a lot more room for bulk and area savings on a job you're quoting for, it's generally quicker to do a large area than several small areas.