Your Five Favorite Songs , And Why ?

marsh man

THANKS to all those good people who have replied :good:, some brilliant choices , as expected .

This could well be an age thing as some I have never heard of and others seem to be roughly in my age group .

As some have rightly said , the more you think about it , the more you are likely to change your mind .

Different songs can reflect different times of your life , some difficult times and some happy times and the music at the time can bring it all clearly back.

Someone did mention Johny Cash , I haven't been to that many live shows , but I did go to London and see the man in Black with the Carter family , another one who was at the top of his game .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

THANKS to all those good people who have replied :good:, some brilliant choices , as expected .

This could well be an age thing as some I have never heard of and others seem to be roughly in my age group .

As some have rightly said , the more you think about it , the more you are likely to change your mind .

Different songs can reflect different times of your life , some difficult times and some happy times and the music at the time can bring it all clearly back.

Someone did mention Johny Cash , I haven't been to that many live shows , but I did go to London and see the man in Black with the Carter family , another one who was at the top of his game .

A few of those songs are my childhood . Happy memories I guess before life got hard . 

1 Barbie Girl by Aqua

2 Las Ketchup song

3 Mr Blobbies Christmas 

4 Cheeky Girls by the Cheeky Girls

5 Dancing Queen by ABBA 

The above list was forwarded to me by PM from Tightchoke- one can only assume that was by mistake and so I have taken it upon myself to post it on his behalf 

6 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

1 Barbie Girl by Aqua

2 Las Ketchup song

3 Mr Blobbies Christmas 

5 Dancing Queen by ABBA 

The above list was forwarded to me by PM from Tightchoke- one can only assume that was by mistake and so I have taken it upon myself to post it on his behalf 

Well done TC will be pleased 😀 

49 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

1 Barbie Girl by Aqua

2 Las Ketchup song

3 Mr Blobbies Christmas 

5 Dancing Queen by ABBA 

:lol: When you run out of flying hours you appear to be perfectly set up to become a politician!

Always liked Janis Joplins stuff, Cream, Free, Bad Company, Zeppelin, all old stuff....only more modern stuff I liked was Amy Winehouse!....for a real ear worm listen to the Shipp sisters See-line/Sealion woman, covered by Nina Simone or the title music, under the title "she began to lie" from the film "The Generals Daughter"......

Edited by panoma1

19 hours ago, AULD YIN said:

The Corries - Ae Fond Kiss

The Corries Lads among Heather!

The Corries --- Nancy Whisky

The Corries - The Wild Mountain Thyme

Joe Brown - I'll SeeYou In My Dreams

Excellent choice

The Lads among Heather--        The Corries

Jonny Be Goode                            Chuck Berry

Gambling Man                               Nashville Jam

Old time religion                              Clyde Valley Stompers