Your Five Favorite Songs , And Why ?

marsh man

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

:lol: You make a terrible troll mate!:lol:

I can just see you in Ditchman's favourite silver sequined shorts dancing round your handbag to Kiley's greatest hits!

Never wear my sparklies for Kiley, but for kylie that a diff matter.

It a Norfolk thing You know 

“I’m spinning around” 🙂

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You make a terrible troll mate!

I can just see you in Ditchman's favourite silver sequined shorts dancing round your handbag to Kiley's greatest hits!

kyli made me a cup of tea once ....i was in louise rednaps kitchen in liverpool many years ago..............there figure that one out:hmm:

I couldn’t list 5 as it would change by the hour depending on my mood.

However

Van Morrison - Moondance

would probably be in there somewhere,

Jimmy Barnes - Last Frontier

Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts

Amy Winehouse - Valerie

The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

but then again it’s a struggle as there are too many and these would probably all change tomorrow as Disturbed - Sound of Silence would make an entrance.

:shaun:

On 31/08/2019 at 13:48, Yellow Bear said:

Just one that sums up a lot of what many of us may feel   

The Village Green Preservation Society   originally by the Kinks but I have grown to prefer the later version by Kate Rusby.

Absobloodylutely. If you've not heard it, listen to the lyrics - ought to be the PW national anthem.  I'll list my faves later once I've got some work done.

10 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I couldn’t list 5 as it would change by the hour depending on my mood.

However

Van Morrison - Moondance

would probably be in there somewhere,

Jimmy Barnes - Last Frontier

Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts

Amy Winehouse - Valerie

The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

but then again it’s a struggle as there are too many and these would probably all change tomorrow as Disturbed - Sound of Silence would make an entrance.

:shaun:

Very true Shaun , everyday could be slightly different depending on your mood and where you are at the time of asking .

If you ask the same question say nearer to Christmas you could get one or two songs related to that time of the year , and when other members put there five records on the list it can trigger off another one of there favorites they had forgot about . all good fun and THANKS for your list .

Nettle Wine - Ralph McTell  Paints a picture of what for me, would be an ideal lifestyle. Beautiful song and brilliantly played.

Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones  I could have chosen several other Stones tracks but this one really "gets me going".

The Maid & The Palmer - Martin Carthy/Brass Monkey  Great musicianship, stirring stuff.

Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen  Possibly the best rock song ever made and to see him do it live was one of the biggest thrills of my life.

Pocahontas - Neil Young  Neil's lyrics often lose the plot but still he's one of my fave artists and this song is just beautiful.

Loco in Acupulco - The Four Tops.   Great to dance to and brilliant production.

Jersualem - makes me cry every time...……….

I appreciate I got carried away by selecting more than five - apologies - but I could easily have chosen twenty.

On 31/08/2019 at 16:22, Jaymo said:

1 Barbie Girl by Aqua

2 Las Ketchup song

3 Mr Blobbies Christmas 

4 Cheeky Girls by the Cheeky Girls

5 Dancing Queen by ABBA 

The above list was forwarded to me by PM from Tightchoke- one can only assume that was by mistake and so I have taken it upon myself to post it on his behalf 

Tightchoke told me in confidence that his absolute favourites were `The Birdy Song` and Des O`Connor`s `Dicka Dum Dum`.  They must have totally slipped his mind :whistling:.

OB

16 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Tightchoke told me in confidence that his absolute favourites were `The Birdy Song` and Des O`Connor`s `Dicka Dum Dum`.  They must have totally slipped his mind :whistling:.

OB

Are you sure ?, he told me that his favourite song was "it's raining men" 😲

Sooo many to choose from

1. Down by the river Neil Young - to choose one of many, Written while he had a fever with a temperature of 103 degrees, (from everybody knows this is nowhere)

2. Mr.Tambourine Man - Byrds, maybe the first of many Bob Dylan rehash somgs

3. Can't Find my way home - Stevie Winwood/Eric Clapton Live from Madison Square Gardens version (but others are good)

4.  Little wing - Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Eric Clapton/JJ Cale, - all good - the most tuneful of Jimi Hendrix' songs

5. Riders on the storm - Doors - put the headphones on and you are there - "the end" is also good but that would be six, look for different Doors versions :good:

and I'm just getting started

Edited by martinj

40 minutes ago, martinj said:

Sooo many to choose from

1. Down by the river Neil Young - to choose one of many, Written while he had a fever with a temperature of 103 degrees

2. Mr.Tambourine Man - Byrds, maybe the first of many Bob Dylan rehash somgs

3. Can't Find my way home - Stevie Winwood/Eric Clapton Live from Madison Square Gardens version (but others are good)

4.  Little wing - Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Eric Clapton/JJ Cale, - all good - the most tuneful of Jimi Hendrix' songs

5. Riders on the storm - Doors - put the headphones on and you are there - "the end" is also good but that would be six, look for different Doors versions :good:

and I'm just getting started

Now that is a good list. Can't argue with that 👍

• 1 month later...

I have such a wide and varied taste in music,so it's pretty hard to pinpoint 5 songs,but I'll give it ago with a few of my favourites.

1- Raglan Road by Luke Kelly.

Fantastically written and fantastically performed. (And I've been there)

2- The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle.

Again a brilliant song and brilliantly performed.

3- El Paso and Big Iron both by Marty Robins. 

Love old Westererns and like these probable stories sung by a man with a voice that does them justice.

4- Objects in the rear view mirror by Meatloaf.

Being a Meatloaf fan anyway,I just think this a powerful and touching story that plays with the emotions.

5- Down by the River by Bruce Springsteen. 

Another very probable life story.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched a film last night and another classic tune I forgot about was in it.

R.E.M losing my religion. In fact I like most of their stuff.

As a child of the 80's give me 80's music and I'll be happy. Funny though they all bring back memmories of youth and I find myself getting emotional thinking of the past and knowing them days are gone. But what memmories.