Pigeon Box or similar

ph5172

We have a racing pigeon taken up residence in our garden. It’s been with us now for 8 weeks - disappears for a bit during the day but is back on the windowsill and in the garden mid afternoon 

it’s taken to roosting on the sill during harsh weather and at night, I think it’s taking its toll as it’s looking a bit windswept - and my windowsill requires cleaning regularly!

i was thinking of a box or similar, the basis being if it’s a bit like a loft box it maybe tempted to stay in there? 

No one has got back to us regarding its collection so it looks like it’s staying. 

Anyone know if anything suitable? 

Edited by ph5172

10 minutes ago, ph5172 said:

We have a racing pigeon taken up residence in our garden. It’s been with us now for 8 weeks - disappears for a bit during the day but is back on the windowsill and in the garden mid afternoon 

it’s taken to roosting on the sill during harsh weather and at night, I think it’s taking its toll as it’s looking a bit windswept - and my windowsill requires cleaning regularly!

i was thinking of a box or similar, the basis being if it’s a bit like a loft box it maybe tempted to stay in there? 

No one has got back to us regarding its collection so it looks like it’s staying. 

Anyone know if anything suitable? 

Do I have to be the first to outline the suitability of a flobert charge for solving this little problem!

4 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

It’s not a top class racer if it cannot find its way home!

:lol: so true bling pigeon, probably with a phone number stamped on the underside of its wing if it let's you pick it up. We've had them and called owners and been told to 'dispatch the useless thing'  before. If it doesnt home unless its a fancy one they won't want to pay to feed and keep it only for it to not home again 

My son races pigeons and unless its a very expensive (to the owner) the only reason they'll want it back is to breed from .

The fact that it's been with you that long means it racing days are now a distant memory . If you can get the details off the ring send me them and I'll ask my son what can be done but to be honest its probably already a total loss to it owner .

My son  paid £1200 for a one only for it to not return from its first young bird race ...

But thats pigeon racing