Long barrelled Pistols

Harry136

16 minutes ago, 1066 said:

It's called a Zylab Patriot. - no longer in production but they do  come up from time to time. They usually come with two 5 shot (or 6 shot) magazines, and shoot just like a normal good quality target pistol (once the mag blocks are loaded)

The UIT centrefire match is/was 60 shots at 25 yards. 30 are shot slow fire on a static target and 30 shots on a turning target. The "duelling" phase is in strings of five shots. The target faces for 3 seconds and turns away for 7 seconds then faces for 3 and so on. This competition was normally shot with .32 semi-auto pistols or sometimes revolvers.

The 7 seconds away gives plenty of time to rack back the muzzle loader so is competitive with any normal target pistol.

All shot with open sights and one handed.

Thanks Ill look out for them :good:

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Or if you just want a fun gun, a .22 lr semi auto black rifle is my go to gun.

image.jpeg.0e351d5b4d9cb1791e001083f1006a22.jpeg

It’s hard to disagree with that.  I shoot a ridiculous amount of 22lr.  Do you have the Sig 550 in 22lr?  I have a Sig in 556(ar15 mag model) and 762x39(takes ak47 mags)   It’s one of my favorite platforms.  They are rare on this side of the pond.  Very underrated and a pleasure to shoot. A 22lr version is in my future for sure. 

BwGf0Gx.jpg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

On 01/09/2019 at 09:32, Wingman said:

I wouldn’t waste your time or money my friend bought a GSG 1911 it was awful jammed all the time and horrible accuracy. Look at these just about the best you can get in the UK if you want a pistol and run it on pyrodex and hard cast bullets and it’s a proper pistol. 

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/pistols/alfa/revolver/357-magnum/3561-m-l-r-190628123634001

That’s crazy.  The Sig is made by gsg, but under the Sig name.  It’s has a better finish and wood handles and carry’s the Sig lifetime guarantee.  But it the excact same as the GSG.  And mine runs great.  Mabey a jam or two every few hundred rounds.  My son will blast 200-400 rounds in a single weekend.  Mabey the long barrel version causes back pressure or carbon build up on the action.  

6983DF89-3DDC-4007-99B5-94AA447BE441.jpeg

25 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Do you have the Sig 550 in 22lr?

Yes , they call it a 522 here.

Ive got the SWAT version with the forward quad rails , with a 1-6 x 24 scope on it, its a great gun to shoot in our timed target competitions, and is a decent bunny gun with its moderator on.

Love to have a go with a 556 one 😍

On 05/09/2019 at 19:26, Remimax said:

Was a big pistol shooter before the ban ,keep looking at the blackpowder /nitro stuff which is the only option if i got back into it.

Likewise. LBR or stocked self loaders just don’t cut it as far as I’m concerned. If I got back into it, it would be BP revolvers. 

9 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I want a pedersoli howdah percussion 20g.  Or the 410/45colt.  They are popular with felons here because they aren’t considered firearms here.  I want one so bad.  

A1F1755F-7B47-4E6A-B57B-3D654359E1DD.jpeg

We can legally buy the original version of these in .577 in the UK as they are antiques.....until you want to use one that is! 🙄

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

We can legally buy the original version of these in .577 in the UK as they are antiques.....until you want to use one that is! 🙄

Yea,  anything that is loaded through the muzzle isn’t a firearm.  Also anything that was made before or patterned after a pre 1898 weapons isn’t a firearm so felons can own them.  So you see lots carrying cap and ball revolvers also.  We also have curio and relic status on guns over 50 years old where they can be shipped directly to you through the mail.  But there is a push to end that as some of the early Colt ar15s are now 50 years old.