Toe rags

Jaymo

Just after 11 this evening I noticed a car along out little lane.

It traversed up and down then idled near our place, went to put the kids to bed and he had manoeuvred to get a clear line of sight up our full length window up into our boys bedroom.

Went to throw some clothes on but he had gone....

Checked the Cctv footage for tonight and the same person has been on foot trying our gates twice ( always bolted internally).

Know it happens and tried reporting on 101- still on hold 40 mins later.........

Had he made it through the gates then he would have been illuminated and a better image obtained.

As it is I only have footage of him trying the gate twice and another walk by, balding pot belly. Shame the cam on the outer wall that views the gates has too much IR light reflection off the wall which would be better served illuminating a little further away

He did realise after the last walk by that he had been captured on the cam as he looked towards the IR array.

11 hours ago, sam triple said:

What would worry me is him manouvering.  to get a clear view into your kids bedroom I’d say if he was after a car he could have got that at any time if he was set on that ,sorry to be alarmist but there are some sick people out there 

Yep. My thought too.

Bit of a sleepless night and been through all the footage and it’s rather alarming ( excuse the pun) - we did have an incident two weeks ago of a vehicle parked in the lane outside our and I did approach said gentleman in his 11 plate Vauxhall to ask why he was sat there.

His reason “ I came to make a phone call and have a cigarette as your not allowed to stop and make phone calls on the road” , took reg plate and did tell him we had been alerted to his presence via Cctv — the more I look at the night footage the more I’m convinced it’s the same vehicle! Front pax seat a baccy tin and roll of tin foil- I kid you not.

101 obv will not respond for a ‘post event’ , but have been asked if anything similar happens then to call triple 9 - esp as an FAC/SGC holder. 

Additional cams on their way from the nice mr Amazon to give a bit more piece of mind.

Should have mentioned, only noticed the car at 23.07, he had tried the gates and walked by at 20.54 and also 21.09

10 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Just after 11 this evening I noticed a car along out little lane.

It traversed up and down then idled near our place, went to put the kids to bed and he had manoeuvred to get a clear line of sight up our full length window up into our boys bedroom.

Went to throw some clothes on but he had gone....

Checked the Cctv footage for tonight and the same person has been on foot trying our gates twice ( always bolted internally).

Know it happens and tried reporting on 101- still on hold 40 mins later.........

The worrying part is that he us trying to get access when property is clearly occupied.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Print it and take it the cop shop, they might do nothing, but they might also recognise him as a wrong un, put another copy on your gate saying how good your CCTV is.

This is what I’m planning to do this afternoon 

25 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I see you note car year and make, did you take his reg number 

Yes and it’s been passed on- taxes n insured too funny enough 

31 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

This is what I’m planning to do this afternoon 

Yes and it’s been passed on- taxes n insured too funny enough 

Apparently you can ask for ownership information on this form v888

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle

You'll be lucky to get any action from reporting suspicious activity.

Around here police will only show any interest (not necessarily action) after an actual crime has been committed. They don't attach much importance to images either unless they are from their own camera's.

And to be fair about that, the country is now so full of immigrants the police will have almost zero chance of recognising a culprit.

For the benefit of Mr.D, that's not being racist - its a plain fact like it or not. 

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Looking into another way but will use this if not for sure.

All neighbours now alerted to the fact it may be all of our houses at risk

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

You'll be lucky to get any action from reporting suspicious activity.

Around here police will only show any interest (not necessarily action) after an actual crime has been committed. They don't attach much importance to images either unless they are from their own camera's.

And to be fair about that, the country is now so full of immigrants the police will have almost zero chance of recognising a culprit.

For the benefit of Mr.D, that's not being racist - its a plain fact like it or not. 

The image/ vid I have isn’t of anyone of colour or Eastern European looking, so who knows- can’t hurt to show them if they are interested.