Life,s a bitch pt2

hodge911

As a follow up to my post in july regarding my sister being diagnosed with cancer I had the horrible job of breaking into her house with the police last night and found her passed away on the sofa.

I had become  concerned throughout the day as she always visited us on a Monday,Thursday &Saturday .

I spoke to her on friday to see if she wanted me to go pick her on Saturday to get the usual reply of no I'll get the 9.10am bus .

Once it got to around 10.30am I started ringing her but got no answer so kept on trying until about 5pm then I contacted other family members but still nothing 

I went to her house and looked in the sitting room window to see her on the sofa I tried the doors but all locked tried banging on the window as hard as could but no response so called 999 and 10 mins later the police & ambulance arrived broke in and confirmed she had passed .....

She will be massive miss in our family

I am so so sorry for your loss matey 😞 

there is nothing I can truly say take away the anguish and pain. It’s a sad place to be, and having all the rigmarole of organising the necessary paperwork etc is another blow when your down.

I have Mums funeral tomorrow. So I know a little of how you feel, but it hits each of us differently which is how it’s difficult to offer a meaningful condolence. 

Hope it was at least a peaceful passing 😞  

2 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

The only consolation is she's not suffering any more

Thats the best way to look at it.  Both my parents are very ill and won't be getting better, and need a lot of help from me and my wjfe.  I feel terrible knowing that when the time comes it will be a release for them but that is sadly the way it is with some illnesses.

58 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Thats the best way to look at it.  Both my parents are very ill and won't be getting better, and need a lot of help from me and my wjfe.  I feel terrible knowing that when the time comes it will be a release for them but that is sadly the way it is with some illnesses.

This. My Dad went very suddenly and I never got the chance to say bye. My Mam developed cancer, and although she died within a couple of months, I got the chance to care for her before she went, and that time was very precious. 

It was a great relief for all concerned when she went. 

Thanks to everyone who posted .

We got results from the coroner and my sister passed due to her lung cancer .

I asked if it was quick for her in the end & they reckon she passed very peacefully .

The next hurdle is now the funeral on the 16th of this month and then hopefully we can start to come to terms with losing her so quickly 

Apologies but I need a RANT BEFORE I GO INSANE!!!....

well my dad who passed in 1989 was 100% correct .

He said if there's going to be a fight in a family its going to be at a wedding or a funeral .

The greed monster has raised its ugly head . My sister's 2 daughters (only 2 children sister had) are at each others throats over ...........

Can you guess ..

Yes  £££ 

And I'm stuck in the middle trying to keep it sensible and ensure sis has the best send off we can without any nasties .

And I have to admit its taking it toll I hardly slept in 2 nights trying come up with scenarios to keep everyone civil until its all over ....

Again apologies I just needed to get it off my chest without adding to the problem by talking to family members who could carry tails & make it worse