Which shotgun ?

craig1982

31 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Are you getting on well with yours then? 

Love it.
Ive 3 other shotguns, a Rem 1100, Rizzini E ,and a Fabarm, Ive barely even looked at them since I bought the ATA, plus I shoot better with it, and more importantly, its the one I enjoy shooting the most.

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Love it.
Ive 3 other shotguns, a Rem 1100, Rizzini E ,and a Fabarm, Ive barely even looked at them since I bought the ATA, plus I shoot better with it, and more importantly, its the one I enjoy shooting the most.

Thats great for you shooting to when you feel like that about a gun. 

What did you actually get in the end? I had a 30" sporter in nickel

3 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

What did you actually get in the end? I had a 30" sporter in nickel

I got the same, though I am thinking about an upgrade to one of the newer snazzier ones, but I really cant think of a reason to justify it !

I wont sell the Remington, but if I can offload the other  2 O/U s , Im having it 😄

16 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I got the same, though I am thinking about an upgrade to one of the newer snazzier ones, but I really cant think of a reason to justify it !

I wont sell the Remington, but if I can offload the other  2 O/U s , Im having it 😄

Yeah I've seen them in the metal too, they certainly do look the part and I can understand why they are giving the bigger names such a run for their money. 

To be honest before it all started going wrong my only gripe with the ATA was the weight. 

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Lighter gun , more kick , generally , but for me its just the feel, the chunky fore end, and it just seems to point instinctively.

To be honest I don't go overboard with heavy loads through the o/u, 24/28 7.5 or 8s on the clays and 35g of 4 at game, anything bigger and I use the pump. 

I know what you mean about the forend though. 

Well I jumped in this morning and bought an ATA SP Bronze. The gun in one year old, does not look like it has fired a cartridge. Still in it's makers box £455. Will take it out to one of my permissions later today and put a few cartridges through it. Many thanks for all of the views, at the end of the day I could not get a decent Beretta for that money.

3 minutes ago, craig1982 said:

Well I jumped in this morning and bought an ATA SP Bronze. The gun in one year old, does not look like it has fired a cartridge. Still in it's makers box £455. Will take it out to one of my permissions later today and put a few cartridges through it. Many thanks for all of the views, at the end of the day I could not get a decent Beretta for that money.

Ill be gobsmacked if youre not happy with that :good:

44 minutes ago, craig1982 said:

hello, well done, keep us posted:good:

Took it out for two hours this afternoon, just got back in 26 cartridges 14 Pigeons. Shoots very well. nice and tight, ejects well. Wood very good, blacking perfect as it should be, looks like it has never  been out in the field.

First impressions all positive. Some gun for £455, Will try and get out on some new drilling on Friday as the Crows are out in force.

I got me an ata venza couple month ago everything I point it at falls out the sky. 32g fiocci pigeon all day long it gets warm but my god its so mutch better than my remington 1100 and it fits so well. I'm hoping to get me one of the ata o/u  I was looking at them the other day the bronze does look good