BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Whilst the focus of this planned prorogation appears to be around forcing through no deal could it not equally be used as a way of forcing through a modified version of the WA?

That’s a thought, but wouldn’t the eu need to agree to the modification first?

It is obvious to me that those who claim they are trying to prevent Boris from proroguing parliament to prevent us from leaving the EU with no deal are lying. They may claim that is why they’re doing it, but it’s patently untrue. Their intentions are to prevent us leaving the EU in any shape or form. Their intentions are the same as they have been from the very start; to stall and stall and stall our leaving until they can find a way to stop the implementation of the referendum result. They have had three years to negotiate a deal; if they had truly wanted a deal we would have had one by now. They don’t want a deal because they don’t want to leave, they never have.  

Boris knows the tories are finished if he doesn’t deliver; what other choice does he have? 

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

I like the analogy, but Corbyn could (and would) back out of anything and still claim he has 'the moral high ground'

The writing's on the wall for Corbyn. He'll be ditched in the next few weeks. :yes:

It will be McDonnell who leads the trots into the next election.

I imagine her majesty was delighted to be able to have some input into brexit and give members of the house a slap, she isn't getting any younger and i imagine seeing us back in control of our own futures has to put a smile on her face.

There have been rumours that Her Majesty was a leaver - and rumours that she was a remainer.  Truth is she is far to experienced to give any real insight.  She will always do her duty correctly with no bias and no interference.  She has always been a been stickler for above any 'politics' even when (as in the hunting fiasco) her views were well known.

Edited by JohnfromUK

Just now, matone said:

At last we have a PM prepared to take decisive action to sort the Brexit fiasco out and move the country into the future!!!

BRAVO Boris.

Whilst I agree, I'm not sure that the 'general public' do.  The first poll result I have seen suggests not.

20 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I imagine her majesty was delighted to be able to have some input into brexit and give members of the house a slap, she isn't getting any younger and i imagine seeing us back in control of our own futures has to put a smile on her face.

👍 I'd like to think you are right…..

1 hour ago, Scully said:

It is obvious to me that those who claim they are trying to prevent Boris from proroguing parliament to prevent us from leaving the EU with no deal are lying. They may claim that is why they’re doing it, but it’s patently untrue. Their intentions are to prevent us leaving the EU in any shape or form. Their intentions are the same as they have been from the very start; to stall and stall and stall our leaving until they can find a way to stop the implementation of the referendum result. They have had three years to negotiate a deal; if they had truly wanted a deal we would have had one by now. They don’t want a deal because they don’t want to leave, they never have.  

Boris knows the tories are finished if he doesn’t deliver; what other choice does he have? 

My thoughts too! The remainer MP's are lying when they say they they want a deal, the don't want and won't agree any deal! They are also lying when they say they are just trying to prevent a no deal Brexit.....when everyone knows they have been stalling in the hope of finding a way of overturning Brexit and are now desperately trying anything, to prevent any Brexit!

Boris is using the same tactic...claiming the government have prorogued Parliament to enable Its future plans to be revealed and debated in parliament...when everyone knows they have done it to use up time in order to prevent remainer MP's stopping Brexit!

"What's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander"

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Whilst the focus of this planned prorogation appears to be around forcing through no deal could it not equally be used as a way of forcing through a modified version of the WA?

I feel he will get a probably already agreed last minute concession on the Backstop and force through the bloody awful WA, watch this space.  I don't trust Boris but will be extremely glad if proved wrong and we are out with no shackles.

Edited by JRDS

I hope that boris can now just push through and get us clear of the EU. I have to smile at our Mr corbyn a staunch anti EU for many years now a staunch remainder. Along with his statement that boris is unelected and has no mandate to be prime minister. Yet he is prepared to be temporary prime minister if he can get a vote of no confidence through. We must remember he was voted leader of Labour by anyone who had £6 to waste joining the Labour Party. Where is his mandate. 

'That was when they suspended the Constitution. They said it would be temporary. There wasn't even any rioting in the streets. People stayed home at night, watching television, looking for some direction. There wasn't even an enemy you could put your finger on.'

Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

9 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Screenshot_20190828-145026.jpg

Good show!

Whilst everyone inside the Westminster Bubble has been losing their heads over Boris’s perfectly ordinary procedural manoeuvre, Guido thinks it’s always worth reminding pundits about the world outside of SW1.

For their lunchtime broadcast, BBC News ventured as far as the Midlands to get the actual electorate’s reaction to the news, only to be astonished that the vast majority of those asked supported the PM’s decision. Watch above…

3 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

So it's suspended, Queen does a speech to say what Mr J wants to do and then they carry on bickering? 

Did I miss anything or type that undemocratically? 

no you are not ,  way too much venomous bickering and no action,  get the job done , its what the majority voted for , talk is for the pub after the job is done , trade deals will get sorted pretty quickly , on the way to work survey how many continental cars are on the road  (they cannot loose our business)        its a bit like being self employed,  if not happy move on to a better deal and conditions which you negotiate,       rather than the working rule agreement  

I find it absolutely ludicrous the there's so much gnashing of teeth and beating of gums, not mention toddler-like tantrums, from the remoaners about BoJo trampling over democracy when their sole aim is to keep us welded to an unelected, undemocratic commission over whom we have no power whatsoever🤔

And they are also working against the democratic decision of the referendum.

Edited by KFC

Just now, KFC said:

I find it absolutely ludicrous the there's so much gnashing of teeth and beating of gums, not mention toddler-like tantrums

100% agreed; listening to the various interviews on Radio 4 this morning, apart from Jacob Reece Mogg everyone was totally 'outraged' in some cases such as Labours Barry Gardener, so totally outraged he could hardly utter any other word.  It reminded me of the sketch in "Yes Minister" where they were all so 'outraged', though I can't remember what that was about!