BREXIT

JohnfromUK

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Why? We have to face the reality of the world we live in and the lifestyle we choose to adopt.

I want people to have an NHS, employment protection, high standards of animal welfare and so on. We have to be protectionist or lower standards. I don't want my standards lowering thank you. The rest of the civilised world is protectionist I want to live in a civilised world. 

So do I, but I do not want to give it all away to unentitled people or be told what to do by an unelected elite!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
SPELLAGE!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Take one of the best plays off the table, absolute tools.. Now if the do remove the threat of no deal the EU screw us for a carp deal.. 

Might as well of done rock paper scissors 3 yrs ago and best of three... 

best of 5...

Just now, oowee said:

Why? We have to face the reality of the world we live in and the lifestyle we choose to adopt.

What on earth has that got to do with Brexit ?!

1 minute ago, oowee said:

I want people to have an NHS, employment protection, high standards of animal welfare and so on. We have to be protectionist or lower standards. I don't want my standards lowering thank you.  

Yes, because as soon as we come out, were going to get rid of all those things 😆

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

The rest of the civilised world is protectionist I want to live in a civilised world. 

Eh ? We are top of the tree when it comes to civilisation, we virtually invented modern democracy, and if we want to be protectionist, we can do that, AFTER weve voted on it and passed it into OUR law, not be told thats the way its going to be, by someone who wasnt elected by ANYONE , and cannot be removed by democratic vote.

THAT is not rocket science.

52 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Not a very good analogy is it ?
If we are on one side , and the EU is on the other, we just get to walk away from the abyss if they wont deal, which they are not.

The abyss is the further integration , loss of identity and sovereignty we get if we remain, which people like yourself believe is the necessary price to pay for belonging to the super club.
The problem is that little niggly problem of democracy, and how to subvert it.

I will tell you now, you cant win this battle.

He pinched it from the entitled jumped up cretin Letwin.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Have we not learnt anything over the last 3 years? There is no such thing as an easy trade deal. Of course countries are queing up for a deal. Why would they not be? They can't get an easy deal with the EU as they have the weight to push for a hard settlement. We will be vulnerable and others smell an opportunity. 

Trade deals come with strings be that in the shape of GM food stuffs, or easy visa's. 

You mean like the one that was offered and turned down by at the time our remainer PM!

As for the strings, if you don't like GM food stuff then you don't have to buy them. If no one buys them then they will soon be removed from sale. And as for easy visas, well at least they will require visas and I'm pretty sure they will not have access to our welfare system the second they arrive!

Why are people so keen to be governed by a foreign want to be super power!!

Edited by Newbie to this

5 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You mean like the one that was offered and turned down by at the time our remainer PM!

As for the strings, if you don't like GM food stuff then you don't have to buy them. If no one buys them then they will soon be removed from sale. And as for easy visas, well at least they will require visas and I'm pretty sure they will not have access to our welfare system the second they arrive!

Why are people so keen to be governed by a foreign want to be super power!!

I wont buy them but millions will. We will then have to adopt the same processes in production. 

We want to be part of a trade block to protect what we have. Why is it that people are so keen to give up so much is it that they do not understand and appreciate what they have and why they have it? 

5 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Why do people keep mentioning the NHS as if it is in existence because of our membership in the EU?

Read the post re NHS no one said it was here because of the EU.

Rewuff said 'The EU is protectionist , introverted, we dont want to be like that anymore , this is a way of being truly global for trade.

I said 'I want people to have an NHS, employment protection, high standards of animal welfare and so on. We have to be protectionist or lower standards. I don't want my standards lowering thank you. The rest of the civilised world is protectionist I want to live in a civilised world.  That is the protectionist world within which we live. 

2 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Got 19 members of the limp dumbs coming to one of the buildings I manage for a Brexit huddle cuddle this evening. Didn't know there were that many.

More every day that passes and every day the Tories move further to the right. 

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

I wont buy them but millions will. We will then have to adopt the same processes in production. 

We want to be part of a trade block to protect what we have. Why is it that people are so keen to give up so much is it that they do not understand and appreciate what they have and why they have it? 

Rewuff said 'The EU is protectionist , introverted, we dont want to be like that anymore , this is a way of being truly global for trade.

I said 'I want people to have an NHS, employment protection, high standards of animal welfare and so on. We have to be protectionist or lower standards. I don't want my standards lowering thank you. The rest of the civilised world is protectionist I want to live in a civilised world.  That is the protectionist world within which we live. 

No wonder they want the AC run after usual plant shut off time, with that hot air and remainer tear derived elevated moisture levels.

2 minutes ago, Penelope said:

No wonder they want the AC run after usual plant shut off time, with that hot air and remainer tear derived elevated moisture levels.

Sweating over the details no doubt wanting to make progress. Shall we get the Kipper to joint them, he will feel partly at home and he can take a lesson in working through a problem? 

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

That's because millions simply don't care.

Who would force us to adopt the same process?

I said 'I want people to have an NHS, employment protection, high standards of animal welfare and so on. We have to be protectionist or lower standards. I don't want my standards lowering thank you. The rest of the civilised world is protectionist I want to live in a civilised world.  That is the protectionist world within which we live

Fair enough, I must have interpreted it wrong.

But isn't also very likely that if we remain a member of the EU, that they may well decide the NHS has to go, given their dislike of state institutions. 

and every day the Tories move further to the right. 

If it carries on they will soon be back to right of centre where they belong!

Edited by Newbie to this

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

That's because millions simply don't care.

The market keeping up with the competition. 

If it carries on they will soon be back to right of centre where they belong!

🙂 

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

You want to see politics move further to the right ? See what happens if we dont leave.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Very likely, people will think what's the point, we voted for/against brexit and that ain't sorted 

They will find other ways to vent their frustration.

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

The market keeping up with the competition.

Have you ever walked round a supermarket in the US ?

Chicken and steak cost twice as much as here, lamb is virtually non existent , the cheapest places to eat are fast food joints, and thats why there is such chronic obesity.

Do you truly believe that America can export beef and chicken, chlorinated or otherwise, to us, cheaper than what we can sell it for, from our own local established farms ?
Thats crazy thinking.

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Do you truly believe that America can export beef and chicken, chlorinated or otherwise, to us, cheaper than what we can sell it for, from our own local established farms ?
Thats crazy thinking.

Do you truly believe that New Zealand can export lamb half way around the world to us cheaper than we can sell it for from our own local established farms? 

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

That is not necessarily true - because if they won a decent majority - they could get anything past the house.  That is why it is essential that a deal is done with Farage.  Without that we will likely have a minority government, possibly with the Tories as the biggest single party - and a remainer alliance of Labour SNP LibDem as the biggest seat holder group.  Result - logjam - as now.

The key to progress is getting Brexit over the line - and the key to that is a general election with Farage supporting Johnson.  That is THE ONLY route I see by which Brexit can now happen.

Only if a future Tory government got a majority big enough to get some "deal" through Parliament, or got the law changed in order to allow a "no deal" Brexit through!....but I can't see the Tories getting a large enough majority for either of these options!

So I agree, the future of upholding the democratic will of the people and delivering Brexit, lies with a Conservative/Brexit part/DUP pact!

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

Only if a future Tory government got a majority big enough to get some "deal" through Parliament, or got the law changed in order to allow a "no deal" Brexit through!....but I can't see the Tories getting a large enough majority for either of these options!

So I agree, the future of upholding the democratic will of the people and delivering Brexit, lies with a Conservative/Brexit part/DUP pact!

Or sorting out a new arrangement. 

Edited by oowee

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Do you truly believe that New Zealand can export lamb half way around the world to us cheaper than we can sell it for from our own local established farms? 

Does it , really ? How come we still have sheep farms then ? How come we still buy Scottish , Irish , Welsh and *gasp ENGLISH lamb ?

Why dont we just fill the fields with turnips then ?

Tell me, what else does NZ produce in any quantity ? Why would they want to sail their lamb half way round the world to us ?

Stop being silly Grant, the spectre of the chlorinated chicken has no power here 😂

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Does it , really ? How come we still have sheep farms then ? How come we still buy Scottish , Irish , Welsh and *gasp ENGLISH lamb ?

Why dont we just fill the fields with turnips then ?

Tell me, what else does NZ produce in any quantity ? Why would they want to sail their lamb half way round the world to us ?

Stop being silly Grant, the spectre of the chlorinated chicken has no power here 😂

Because we have EU product quotas from NZ. 

Because we have farming subsidies to protect production. 

Chancellor declares end of austerity. 🤣

We must have paid of the mortgage whilst we were arguing over Brexit. Still it may be handy to rack up the debt over the next few years. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Because we have EU product quotas from NZ. 

Because we have farming subsidies to protect production. 

Exactly , but I suppose once we leave those protections we will be at the mercy of American farmers, with their ranks of zombiefied chickens.

WE get to set quotas, rules and standards, not the EU not the US .
Thats why were doing this.

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Curiouser and curiouser!

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/03/frenemies-of-the-people/

Jeremy Corbyn asked the Queen, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient organisation? Are there any tips you can give me?"
"Well," said the Queen, "The most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people." Jeremy Corbyn then asked, "But how do I know if the people around me are really intelligent?" The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle, watch me and listen" The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send Prince Charles in here, would you?"
Prince Charles walked into the room and said, "Yes, Mother? The Queen smiled and said to Charles, "Answer me this please Charles. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a moment, Prince Charles answered "That would be me." "Yes, very good!" Said the Queen. Ah ha I get it said Jeremy, thank you Ma'am. And in a great rush he left.
Corbyn went back to Parliament and decided to ask Diane Abbott the same question. "Diane, answer this for me." "Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?" "I'm not sure," said Abbott. And then in true Diane Abbott style she went on to say. "Let me get back to you on that one." She went to her advisers and asked everyone, but none could give her an answer.
Frustrated, Diane went for a coffee and met Nigel Farage. "Nigel, see if you can answer this question." "Yes Diane" replied Nigel. "Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?" Farage immediately answered, "That's easy, it's me!" Abbott grinned, and said, "Good answer Nigel, I see it all now!"
Abbott then, went back to find Corbyn and said to him; "Jeremy, I did some research, and I have the answer to that riddle." "If your mother and father have a child who is not your brother or your sister, the child is Nigel Farage!" Corbyn went red in the face, got up, stomped over to Abbott, and yelled in her face, "No! You bloody idiot! It's Prince Charles!
. . . AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS PRECISELY WHY LABOUR IS DOING SO BADLY

6 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Jeremy Corbyn asked the Queen, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient organisation? Are there any tips you can give me?"
"Well," said the Queen, "The most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people." Jeremy Corbyn then asked, "But how do I know if the people around me are really intelligent?" The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle, watch me and listen" The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send Prince Charles in here, would you?"
Prince Charles walked into the room and said, "Yes, Mother? The Queen smiled and said to Charles, "Answer me this please Charles. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a moment, Prince Charles answered "That would be me." "Yes, very good!" Said the Queen. Ah ha I get it said Jeremy, thank you Ma'am. And in a great rush he left.
Corbyn went back to Parliament and decided to ask Diane Abbott the same question. "Diane, answer this for me." "Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?" "I'm not sure," said Abbott. And then in true Diane Abbott style she went on to say. "Let me get back to you on that one." She went to her advisers and asked everyone, but none could give her an answer.
Frustrated, Diane went for a coffee and met Nigel Farage. "Nigel, see if you can answer this question." "Yes Diane" replied Nigel. "Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?" Farage immediately answered, "That's easy, it's me!" Abbott grinned, and said, "Good answer Nigel, I see it all now!"
Abbott then, went back to find Corbyn and said to him; "Jeremy, I did some research, and I have the answer to that riddle." "If your mother and father have a child who is not your brother or your sister, the child is Nigel Farage!" Corbyn went red in the face, got up, stomped over to Abbott, and yelled in her face, "No! You bloody idiot! It's Prince Charles!
. . . AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS PRECISELY WHY LABOUR IS DOING SO BADLY

:lol: