BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Saltings said:

Boris,  fair play is doing his best  but he might get shafted 

That has already happened, can't leave no deal and no we don't want election, forcing his hand to allow the EU to put everything where the sun doesn't shine to us and laugh at how incompetent our parliament is. 

The threat of walking away means we will get a deal. The EU need out trade. They need the divorce bill, they need our contribution every year.. We prop up the gravy train!!! Take us out they fall.. 

Just now, Good shot? said:

Totally agree, Brexit, Tory and Dale not given a chance.

But I did enjoy seeing Thornbury squirm at least once.

Glad I never go onto the audience for these shows.. Would lose my carp.... 

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

That has already happened, can't leave no deal and no we don't want election, forcing his hand to allow the EU to put everything where the sun doesn't shine to us and laugh at how incompetent our parliament is. 

The threat of walking away means we will get a deal. The EU need out trade. They need the divorce bill, they need our contribution every year.. We prop up the gravy train!!! Take us out they fall.. 

the sooner this disaster is over and we are out the better,   uncertainty stifles  trade  ,  when we are out  others will follow 

1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

If a law is passed that we can't leave without a deal and the EU won't give us a deal then surely Brexit is finished.

The next government (and there will have to be a general election soon) can revoke the 'no deal' law IF and only if they have sufficient majority.  It is crackers that the timing of the election is now down to the opposition leader, not the Prime Minister.

5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

The next government (and there will have to be a general election soon) can revoke the 'no deal' law IF and only if they have sufficient majority.  It is crackers that the timing of the election is now down to the opposition leader, not the Prime Minister.

I'm slowly joining the ranks of the dissoluded and can't see Brexit happening.

5 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I'm slowly joining the ranks of the dissoluded and can't see Brexit happening.

I think Brexit will happen only if the next General Election returns a significant majority for a 'leave' party.  That could be Tory, or it could be Brexit.

Tory are unlikely to get sufficient majority if there is Brexit standing against them in most/all seats.

Brexit are incredibly unlikely to get a majority.

Tory and Brexit in a Farage/Johnson 'leavers alliance' pact could do it ...... and I think that is the ONLY credible way of it happening.

Edited by JohnfromUK

16 hours ago, oowee said:

The kippers antics show him to be that delinquent public school boy that he is. 

Had to laugh at the arrogant pose of Moggy the other night showing his contempt for parliament. They are not helping themselves. 

Quite. Now that these tw*ts have to deliver it's revealing that when they themselves have to take responsibility and be judged on their actions they're found badly wanting. Both have built their reputations by jibing from the sidelines, sneering at people doing their jobs. But when they get those jobs themselves and it gets past being 'clever' and something concrete and responsible is needed they're absolutely ******* useless. All mouth...

It's almost incredible that even now some people can't see through their shtick.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think Brexit will happen only if the next General Election returns a significant majority for a 'leave' party.  That could be Tory, or it could be Brexit.

Tory are unlikely to get sufficient majority if there is Brexit standing against them in most/all seats.

Brexit are incredibly unlikely to get a majority.

Tory and Brexit in a Farage/Johnson 'leavers alliance' pact could do it ...... and I think that is the ONLY credible way of it happening.

I agree with all this.

13 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Quite. Now that these tw*ts have to deliver it's revealing that when they themselves have to take responsibility and be judged on their actions they're found badly wanting. Both have built their reputations by jibing from the sidelines, sneering at people doing their jobs. But when they get those jobs themselves and it gets past being 'clever' and something concrete and responsible is needed they're absolutely ******* useless. All mouth...

It's almost incredible that even now some people can't see through their shtick.

I would add Farage to that fold too. 

The government led by Boris have been found tactically ******* useless, they have challenged the opposition, the opposition have joined forces.....result.......the government have so far, lost at every turn!....embarrassing! Even more embarrassing will be when Boris, on behalf of the People of the UK goes cap in hand to the EU begging for an extension to Brexit! :no:

As a side issue.......Someone should tell media reporters and some politicians there is no ******* "g" in Brexit! 😡

Edited by panoma1

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

There's a joke over the water - Farange doesn't like Europe but loves the Euro.

I think I heard a similar one about disgruntled ex pats who live in Saudi :lol:

15 minutes ago, henry d said:

The deal was written on the side of a bus iirc

Ooh look a 'bus' comment , were right on the ball this morning :whistling:

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

We might be saying the same about the labour party in a few months time, then the TS will really HTF.

Edited by Rewulf

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I think I heard a similar one about disgruntled ex pats who live in Saudi 

Well, I suppose when you can't cope with the truth, there's always the ad hominems to fall back on.  But on topic, Farange, like most of your heroes is just an opportunistic chancer. If he had any moral principle at all he's do what the Sinn Fein MP's do in Westminser and decline to take his seat in an institution that he says has no legitimacy. Instead he goes to Brussels and takes the money. He's laughing at you.

20 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

You mean those that apparantly embrace dictatorship rather than support democracy? :ermm:

Kinda ironic statement that given BoJos chief advisor.

As someone said recently, we should be glad we are in the UK, in other countries under such strain we might be wondering which side the military are on.

14 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Well, I suppose when you can't cope with the truth, there's always the ad hominems to fall back on.

Says the man who just spurted out a load himself :lol:

15 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

If he had any moral principle at all he's do what the Sinn Fein MP's do in Westminser and decline to take his seat in an institution that he says has no legitimacy. Instead he goes to Brussels and takes the money. He's laughing at you.

I suppose the sinn fein MPs refuse their wages too?  As well as not sitting :lol:

Dont talk to me about morals, or whos laughing at who, theres plenty of people sat in that house who are laughing at us all, I dont find it funny.
Its a tragedy, and it needs sorting.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think they have made their opinions on Corbyn very clear, but as to Brexit, I guess there is a split, though I doubt many like the idea of a European Defence Force.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

They wouldnt be on Corbyns side would they  :lol:

The man who cosies up to this countries enemies !

Not the point i was trying to make Gentlemen 😛

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Kinda ironic statement that given BoJos chief advisor.

As someone said recently, we should be glad we are in the UK, in other countries under such strain we might be wondering which side the military are on.

Your not wrong there, watching what is going on in Hong Kong looks bad, but it's certainly been worse in others.