BREXIT

JohnfromUK

13 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

You did not answer the question as to why MPs must accept either no deal or the lousy WA.

The answer to that is evident, THEY voted for the fall back position of no deal, if they didnt want that they should not have voted for it (A50)
They didnt have a problem with voting down the WA , so why was it OK for A50 ?
Oh yes thats it, there was a general election looming, and no one wanted the boot , silly me.
But surely MPs wouldnt think about saving their skins above the national interest ?😂

12 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That works on the flip side too though doesn't it. Again it's all about perspectives.

Except we voted to leave .

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The answer to that is evident, THEY voted for the fall back position of no deal, if they didnt want that they should not have voted for it (A50)

I suspect many of them would admit that was a mistake.
They didnt have a problem with voting down the WA , so why was it OK for A50 ?
Oh yes thats it, there was a general election looming, and no one wanted the boot , silly me.
But surely MPs wouldnt think about saving their skins above the national interest ?😂

Well it appears a number of them fell on their swords in the name of what they believe is in the national interest.

Except we voted to leave .

Regarding an earlier question you raised, it's not my job to defend the MPs whom you and others consider undemocratic or whatever else.

What a few of us are trying to do is merely put across a slightly different perspective, even if it's unpopular and inconvenient with the majority who "contribute" to the discussion.

This really would be a very dull thread if only the leaver view was expressed, no?

42 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Nah, you bit on the fact I chose the words i did instead of saying the PM was not the leader of the party at the last general election 😛

Lol all i did was mearly point out to you the basics of how the political system works when it comes to voting, it's you who has chosen to keep trying to justify yourself because you didn't know the very basics of how the system works, but you carry on i do love a good fishing expedition #lookslikewegotanotherbite

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Regarding an earlier question you raised, it's not my job to defend the MPs whom you and others consider undemocratic or whatever else.

Im not asking you to defend those MPs, I dont believe that its even possible to justify their behaviour.

But I can ask you to defend your position, whether you choose to do so is obviously entirely up to you.

The difference between you, and MPs who consider the common people as nothing more than a hindrance, or something that occasionally requires scraping off their shoe, is that we, those common people, pay them for the contempt they show us.
At some point, these MPs are going to have to answer  for their actions.

17 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

This really would be a very dull thread if only the leaver view was expressed, no?

Agreed , you have been thoroughly entertaining today, I thank you Sir :good:

10 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Lol all i did was mearly point out to you the basics of how the political system works when it comes to voting, it's you who has chosen to keep trying to justify yourself because you didn't know the very basics of how the system works, but you carry on i do love a good fishing expedition #lookslikewegotanotherbite

You raised a pointless point and we both know it but whatever.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Im not asking you to defend those MPs, I dont believe that its even possible to justify their behaviour.

But I can ask you to defend your position, whether you choose to do so is obviously entirely up to you.

And I do try to do so with you.

The difference between you, and MPs who consider the common people as nothing more than a hindrance, or something that occasionally requires scraping off their shoe, is that we, those common people, pay them for the contempt they show us.
At some point, these MPs are going to have to answer  for their actions.

Agreed, if that is the will of the people then they will certainly answer in due course.

Agreed , you have been thoroughly entertaining today, I thank you Sir :good:

Right back at you, we all need a bit of banter to while the day away 🙂

2 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I raised a point that you didn't seem to understand, and educated you #reelsaresmoking

feel free to have the final say on this pointless point.

54 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What a few of us are trying to do is merely put across a slightly different perspective, even if it's unpopular and inconvenient with the majority who "contribute" to the discussion.

It's not a matter of a "slightly different perspective" is it? It's their/your totally perverse perspective!......we live in an alleged democracy, but you/they are arguing in support of and siding with the anti-democrats!

Edited by panoma1

Just now, panoma1 said:

It's not a matter of a "slightly different perspective" is it? It's totally perverse perspective!......we live in an alleged democracy, but you are arguing in support of and siding with the anti-democrats!

Put Brexit aside and we'd probably agree on more than we disagree on. Perversion is a subjective concept by the way.

In other news, Chucky swaps seats, as he may have an inkling his constituents dont love him any more.

https://www.politicalite.com/election-2019/cut-and-run-chuka-umunna-switches-seats/?fbclid=IwAR1cgxiZKgEfRqNh1PMQPGTkfie_diro57zeWPOQUAXLYP13aClHk9Xgp68

Which is strange as Streatham had an 80 % remain vote.

http://democraticdashboard.com/constituency/streatham

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

In other news, Chucky swaps seats, as he may have an inkling his constituents dont love him any more.

https://www.politicalite.com/election-2019/cut-and-run-chuka-umunna-switches-seats/?fbclid=IwAR1cgxiZKgEfRqNh1PMQPGTkfie_diro57zeWPOQUAXLYP13aClHk9Xgp68

Which is strange as Streatham had an 80 % remain vote.

http://democraticdashboard.com/constituency/streatham

I still think there is something dodgy in his past that he is trying to keep a lid on, everytime he gets the chance of moving up the ladder he seems to step sideways instead.

41 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Inappropriate activity towards a lady I do believe? Or is that Clive Lewis 🙂

Probably the pair of them, among many others.

Its mostly his nose bag weakness , and attendance at some very hedonistic parties....
Someone did mention he swings both ways too, but thats nothing to write home about these days.