BREXIT

JohnfromUK

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

So the Lords have approved the anti No Deal Brexit Bill. So what's next, the government try to prevent Royal Assent of the bill, is that even legal?

Suits the 17.4 M democratic majority and given the fact the totally biased Bercow broke all convention (maybe illegally) to give them the chance to create it in the first place totally justified IMHO.  Fight fire with fire, I am sure the Queen would agree.  Blair did just the same in 1999 so the precedent is there and that was to take us to war.

https://order-order.com/2019/09/02/labour-governments-forced-queen-block-numerous-bills/

Edited by JRDS

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Suits the 17.4 M democratic majority and given the fact the totally biased Bercow broke all convention (maybe illegally) to give them the chance to create it in the first place totally justified IMHO.  Fight fire with fire, I am sure the Queen would agree.  Blair did just the same in 1999 so the precedent is there and that was to take us to war.

https://order-order.com/2019/09/02/labour-governments-forced-queen-block-numerous-bills/

Indeed it is legal and there is precedence. Going to be interesting.

Not sure where you get the 17.4M from you can’t all have voted for no deal.

25 minutes ago, B725 said:

What happens if the EU turns round and tell us to go without a deal, it's just been hinted at on the news that it may be a possibility. 

Never happen in my opinion,  ( unfortunately ) it would mean Germany and France having to make up the shortfall in funds left by the UK leaving. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Never happen in my opinion,  ( unfortunately ) it would mean Germany and France having to make up the shortfall in funds left by the UK leaving. 

The word in France is that their government are in favour of doing that but the rest of the bloc will probably not allow it.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Probably the pair of them, among many others.

Its mostly his nose bag weakness , and attendance at some very hedonistic parties....
Someone did mention he swings both ways too, but thats nothing to write home about these days.

That’s it- the old coke road 

Thanks for reminding me

12 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Yes. But who voted for a no deal Brexit? I can't recall the leave campaign mentioning it once.

No one mentioned a back stop but jeez don't we know about it now. We leave then we do the deal. Right now we are in complete limbo and unable to trade with any other country outside of the EU.. And there are more than 27..

Awaiting something about chicken and America now... Yawnnnnnnn

Nobody mentioned a Deal during the Referendum, a trade deal yes but not to have to strike a ridiculous Deal and pay a fortune before we even talk about trade for which BTW the EU should be paying us given the deficit.  Pureley a Remoaners (traitorous b.i.t.c.h. Mays) invention to tie is in forever.

Edited by JRDS

29 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Nobody mentioned a Deal during the Referendum, a trade deal yes but not to have to strike a ridiculous Deal and pay a fortune before we even talk about trade for which BTW the EU should be paying us given the deficit.  Purley a Remoaners (Mays) invention to tie is in forever.

So the architects of the referendum were either grossly incompetent or deliberately misleading us all. Whilst they may have avoided the specifics (and in some cases still are) the leave campaigners also said deals would be a cinch.

Either way the reality is that what was promised can’t be delivered so the argument that all leavers knew what they were voting for is nearly as incredible a claim as saying every leaver voted for no deal (which truly is the stuff of parallel universes).

As a minimum I would hope everybody accepts that we were promised an orderly exit and that promise is dead and buried too.

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

5cb6af204be7ae4efd2e36ebc10e2b6652aac524

I see Boris has decided to cut out the middleman and go straight to the producer.

We see this whereas I suspect ardent leavers see Boris taking the bull by the horns and taking back control 😂

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

As a minimum I would hope everybody accepts that we were promised an orderly exit and that promise is dead and buried too.

And the main cause of it has been remainers (including closet May) who don’t believe in democracy except their own version/mantra who have pulled every trick in the book - legal and otherwise with the full support of Ber-cow who should be impartial by the very nature of his role

16 hours ago, B725 said:

What happens if the EU turns round and tell us to go without a deal, it's just been hinted at on the news that it may be a possibility. 

I know it’s serious but I would absolutely wet my self laughing if that happens. Imagine the look on their faces

Quentin Soames sticking it to the Cult.

“I am worried about the Tory party because give or take the odd spasm we have always been seen as pragmatic, sensible, good at our job, sane, reasonable and having the interests of the whole country. Now it is beginning to look like a Brexit sect.”

And as for the recumbent Moggie.. an absolute fraud” ....“a living example of what a moderately cut double-breasted suit and a decent tie can do with an ultra-posh voice”. 

I like the bit about his suit...ouch!

7 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Quentin Soames sticking it to the Cult.

“I am worried about the Tory party because give or take the odd spasm we have always been seen as pragmatic, sensible, good at our job, sane, reasonable and having the interests of the whole country. Now it is beginning to look like a Brexit sect.”

And as for the recumbent Moggie.. an absolute fraud” ....“a living example of what a moderately cut double-breasted suit and a decent tie can do with an ultra-posh voice”. 

I like the bit about his suit...ouch!

Sounds like the childish 'spasms' of a disgruntled, recently sacked man, who has resorted straight off to insults.
Did he not ever learn during his 'ultra posh' education about losing gracefully ?

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Did he not ever learn during his 'ultra posh' education about losing gracefully ?

He hasn't lost. I image he's sad about the demise of his once proud party, but his view that politicians should act in the best interests of the country at large is about to prevail. The one-trick Cultists have circle jerked themselves so far out on the branch that there's no way back. 

And on the topic of the best interests of the country, did you see this piece in the London Economic ....Coybyn better than No Deal investment bankers say. , reported in the Telegraph too. Apparently Deutsche Bank and Citibank  would both prefer a Corbyn government to Johnson and his no deal.

When investment bankers in the City are lining up to support the most left-wing Labour leader in 50 years, it doesn't tell you anything?

Or are they just 'traitors' too? 😁😁😁