BREXIT

JohnfromUK

I'm just back from the river (no sea trout sadly) we regularly criticise politicians for being self serving and trough eating, in recent weeks we seem to have seen politicians who have stated their principles and have to be fair fallen on their sword and gone against the party line. Whatever your opinion on Brexit, personally I've found it refreshing!   

Cheers

Aled

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Oh Amber Rudd has handed in her notice, the torys are falling apart due to brexit, they actually started this implosion of their party

Because everything they try and do gets blocked by people who don't respect the vote. Labour - I will negotiate a deal but then campaign to stay.. Mint, what a marvelous way of negotiating... Lib democrat, have democrat in their name but ignore the referendum.. Can't bloody write this stuff. Comedy gold., 

34 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Because everything they try and do gets blocked by people who don't respect the vote. Labour - I will negotiate a deal but then campaign to stay.. Mint, what a marvelous way of negotiating... Lib democrat, have democrat in their name but ignore the referendum.. Can't bloody write this stuff. Comedy gold., 

the rest of the world must be ******* themselves laughing you couldn't wright this **** with MPs  / vegans /extinction rebellion / Brexit  , wild justice,  to mention a few , turmoil  on all fronts , austerity measures force people to have a cause instead of religion , but blinkered the same way , as cults , worrying times 

8 minutes ago, Saltings said:

austerity

You mean 'Living within your means..'  Hate that A word... People blaming it need to cancel sky TV, don't buy the fancy car, don't have an iPhone on a £60 contract.. I've not once felt the issue of that A word... I Dont use credit card and I don't borrow. I live on what I earn... 

41 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

You mean 'Living within your means..'  Hate that A word... People blaming it need to cancel sky TV, don't buy the fancy car, don't have an iPhone on a £60 contract.. I've not once felt the issue of that A word... I Dont use credit card and I don't borrow. I live on what I earn... 

I grew up with nothing , I'm with you     money in fist buy the best you can afford , only debt I had was a mortgage paid off early ,  if I didn't have the money for the  luxuries we went without,    bills paid and food on the table ,  agree austerity to me means live within your means ,          worked in many struggling houses under contract / latest everything inc chav bling and Budweiser  ,        and no money for food or rent and  had bigger tv than a bay window with x box  latest everything and party all night , with no means to pay it back I despair  /      however a lot of families are really struggling to put food on the table despite both trying  their hardest multiple jobs minimum wage , dew to rising utilities and private landlord rent / some good people work their ***** off and  cannot get out of the hole dew to pride in providing for their kids etc , where scammers abuse the system and want more because they are entitled to ,    without putting anything in the pot  (home grown) makes me spit   

Edited by Saltings

4 hours ago, Retsdon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_bloc#/media/File:GDP_PPP_2018_Selection.svg

OK, we wouldn't get thrown back.  But by international standards we're not big either.  Perhaps just big enough to keep and eat for breakfast?

How does the EU stifle us? I've never understood this line. 

EU Reg's & Directives in the thousands to-date🙄  and they still come by the bucket load…….  on the whole, adding unnecessary costs to everything we do, produce and sell.  

8 hours ago, KB1 said:

EU Reg's & Directives in the thousands to-date🙄  and they still come by the bucket load…….  on the whole, adding unnecessary costs to everything we do, produce and sell.  

immigrants work their ***** off for a better life than what they left behind,   rather than  the home grown chavs  play x box dole dossers go to work when they have run out of beer money   ,  

an allergy I worked on a building site ,,, where the digger driver went for a walk quite often so I got a ******** off the gaffer for driving said digger being a chippy  (grew up on a farm ) ( my answer was if he was in the seat how could I get in the digger )  driver got a ******** / so if you are in the driving seat how can someone get in the seat / take your job  ,     immigrants can only take vacant positions and from experience are more reliable than locals all paid the same wages  local or ,immigrants want to aspire locals are all about the party  20yrs ago had 80 blokes on site 50%on site on Monday non native  100 % by Wednesday when the locals turned up god I could spit  as struggled to complete the contract on time ,,,,,, given the choice I would employ immigrants at the same rate as locals all day long every day  as they turn up every day and get the job done,,,,      home grown bitch about what they don't have rather than the job they do have for an local employers 

8 hours ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Oh Amber Rudd has handed in her notice, the torys are falling apart due to brexit, they actually started this implosion of their party

Well that's a good thing. She was never a conservative... far more suited to the Lib Dems, which is no doubt where she'll end up in the hope of being parachuted into a safe LD seat, as she knows only too well she'll be out on her ear if she runs in her current seat at the forthcoming election. 

Far from being an implosion of the party, Boris, in getting rid of the weak 'one nation conservatives' is finally (hopefully) bringing about a true conservative party.

No Bozo is going hard right , over the central reservation

7 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

i have no need to borrow & never ever buy what i cant afford but most of what i buy in via a CC,it offers greater consumer protection

8 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

you are soooo right.............

i to have no debts........

• no sky contract
  • no mobile contract.....(i have a nokia phone £14 quid brand new with £5 quid credit on it)
  • i own all my furniture
  • i bought a washing machine off gumtree 4 years ago for £40 quid
  • i own my car...
  • i have a plus net deal £13/mth free calls and internet

i am appalled at the amount of money my friends shell out every mth ...to achieve what i have........if i did what they did i would be at the food bank every day......you are talking about £100's of pounds every mth

11 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Bear with me here because I really don't know the answer - and I'm slightly dyslexic so might word it wong; I saw something about Bojo might resign and cause an election but crazy as it sounds, if he really wants to get a result at ANY cost - including his own.

Is it feasible for him to make a run at no confidence in the conservative party (just because they deserve it and to get revenge on the plotters) and cause an election that way? Political suicide I know but he's backed himself into a corner I think.

Cummings has a plan apparently, not revealed yet though. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7438497/Dominic-Cummings-claims-new-anti-No-Deal-law-NOT-force-PM-delay-Brexit.html

13 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Yes, it should. But that's not the same thing as 'it must'. And the conundrum is that this Tory government made such a hash of the mandate they were given that it can't be done anymore without doing massive irreparable damage to whole sectors of the British economy. And no responsible government should or can legitimately trash the lives and livelihoods of large numbers of its citizens for purely political reasons. The country is not at war.

I'm not really sure how you can have one without the other if you believe in the democratic process.

Yes, our polititians have made a hash of it, but they gave us the referendum, and every party in the UK claimed it would honour the result. What the establishment failed to tell us, but soon became apparent, was that this last part was dependant on us voting to give the result on which they approved. They gave us the choice, now they should, and have, to deliver.

Have you given any thought at all as to what could happen if the vote is ignored and we simply scrap Brexit, as many have an agenda for? 

Emotive phrases such as 'massive irreparable damage' and 'trash the lives and livelihoods......for purely political reasons', are simply just that, emotive scaremongering opinions, and while we're all entitled to them, that's all they are, opinions.

Politicians have been trashing the lives and livelihoods of large numbers of its citizens purely for political reasons since the beginning of time, yet as a country we're still here, and thriving. 

14 hours ago, Retsdon said:

<yawn>.

We pay to be in a trading bloc. We have to conform to a number of costly conditions,which we may or may not want,  to remain in that bloc. We run a deficit with that bloc. What would be worse than that about open trade?

We are marginalised by not being in the eurozone. As political and fiscal policy converge, we will less significant. How would that be worse in the open world?

Well we were out after rugby yesterday, eight of us enjoying ourselves, all working in very different jobs and talk turned to brexit, no one said we shouldn't leave, everyone agreed we should just get out and get on with things.

It's no wonder the remain parties don't want an election, it will turn into a peoples vote on leave or remain, and I think the remain parties outside of the M25 and probably Scotland will get trashed.

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

A little light relief perhaps..certainly not the case of like father like son

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting. Those whom are trying to subvert the democratic vote should perhaps watch it. 

15 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Well we were out after rugby yesterday, eight of us enjoying ourselves, all working in very different jobs and talk turned to brexit, no one said we shouldn't leave, everyone agreed we should just get out and get on with things.

It's no wonder the remain parties don't want an election, it will turn into a peoples vote on leave or remain, and I think the remain parties outside of the M25 and probably Scotland will get trashed.

Speaking to two clients this week who voted remain, they reckon if we had another referendum even more would vote to leave. I didn't agree.

The whole Brexit thing would be very funny if it were not that the future of the UK was as stake.

1) Political parties come and go - I kind of feel that we are getting the feeling that the people's elected representatives are doing anything but that.  

2) Whilst the political nit-wits preside over the pile the real work of making things happen gets done in Whitehall by civil servants.

3) So when the Brexit vote resulted in a 'Leave' edict the Whitehall teams will have responded with 'it ain't that easy' - which is absolutely true.

4) I've spent a sizeable chunk of the last 35 years working across the European Union/the world in a variety of businesses and industries (IT Enterprise software Pre-Sales) and still do it today and know just how deeply the UK is integrated into the EU, it's laws, taxation and processes - it's hard to think of a corner of our society that won't be affected by leaving the EU - some positively, some negatively.

5)  So whilst a democratic process has taken place and a conclusion made - 'Leave' the reality away from the Boris Johnson puff is that it will take years to work through something that took 40 years to assemble.   It's not rocket science - 40 years to build, 3 years to disassemble?  Was never going to happen was it?

6) Sadly - the UK has become the subject of much mirth and amusement - in normal business in Europe, the kind many here work for.  Jokes akin to the UK's ability to organising a heavy drinking session in Brewery - we'd probably try it in a Lemonade factory.