BREXIT

JohnfromUK

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

People on this thread are judging others on a regular basis, I think I can stretch to having a view on an article but how many fair minded Brexiteers would you like me to ask?
Of course you can.

I agree on being too emotive and interpretation of factual accuracy depends on your Brexit leaning, just a bit too Guido like for me (I can tell you I am not a fan of Remainer pieces written in a similar style).
Fair enough.

Hang on there, there is a difference between the outcome of the referendum vote and the national interest.
Is there ?
So using my analogy, if we elect Corbyn, and he literally talks policies that would wreck the economy, should we pass laws to make sure hes never PM ?

Part of the problem here is you seem to think you can tell me how and what to think, it "no work like that", at least not yet! 
Can you point out to me how you think this is so ?
I cant tell you what to think, any more than you can tell me , thats sounds a bit weird if you think Im even trying.

Do you really, I mean really, believe that likening the outcome of the referendum result to a hypothetical GE outcome is actually valid?

We had a vote, its getting ignored , in true EU style, so yes the analogy is perfectly valid.
You dont like the sound of it, so you try to rubbish it, but get used to it , because youre going to hear more of this in the very near future.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some remainers say, it's only advisory, yet they then shout they want another referendum, so is that advisory if leave, and set in stone if remain. 

I often wonder if we would be in a similar position if remain won 3 years ago. My instinct is, we'd not be arguing because the result would of been accepted. 

17 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

As some remainers say, it's only advisory, yet they then shout they want another referendum, so is that advisory if leave, and set in stone if remain. 

I often wonder if we would be in a similar position if remain won 3 years ago. My instinct is, we'd not be arguing because the result would of been accepted. 

You're not the first person who's wondered that. Personally, if remain had been the outcome, I would have simply accepted it and got on with my life, as I would if we'd never had the vote. Once given the opportunity to vote however, I exercised my democratic right to choose. It's a shame those who lost the vote can't seem to manage to accept it. 

The hypocrisy and arrogance of some is staggering. 

49 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

When Farage ceded the vote early on election night he vowed to fight on with his leave campaign, it was on the TV live, can't really be refuted.

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

When Farage ceded the vote early on election night he vowed to fight on with his leave campaign, it was on the TV live, can't really be refuted.

Indeed, but did he try to subvert the democratically arrived at result of that vote before it was implemented? Sturgeon is adamant she will push for another independence referendum, which is fine and dandy and perfectly acceptable to me, but what she didn't do was try to subvert the democratic process. 

27 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I suppose by that reasoning, when a political party loses an election, they should disband ?

Farage has been fighting the EU for 25 years, losing the referendum COULD have made him rethink, but the only reason he is in the news today, and heading up a powerful political entity, is because elements in the government have no respect for that referendum.
The only reason you know his name is because people support him.

35 minutes ago, Scully said:

Indeed, but did he try to subvert the democratically arrived at result of that vote before it was implemented? Sturgeon is adamant she will push for another independence referendum, which is fine and dandy and perfectly acceptable to me, but what she didn't do was try to subvert the democratic process. 

No it was a once in a lifetime referendum, but now that Wee Eck is out of the frame she wants her time of glory.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Saturday paper said that tories were going to run a candidate against him which normally doesn't happen being the speaker, so jumping before he's pushed.

46 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Saturday paper said that tories were going to run a candidate against him which normally doesn't happen being the speaker, so jumping before he's pushed.

Pretty much, without tory support in that constituency, his career in politics is over.

Unless of course he takes his pieces of silver and jumps over to another party, but I doubt hes that stupid, goodbye Mr Bercow.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Ukip have always fought it. And yes they would carry that on but it would be via an election not bleeding on about this apocalypse we are in and all the zombies that have attacked already. 

What now Bozo

Posted at 19:3319:33

BREAKINGMPs pass emergency debate motion

4db5ca1a-1ce7-48de-b415-cf885adb8ecf.png

House of Commons

Parliament

The government is defeated on Dominic Grieve’s humble address, which calls on ministers to publish correspondence over suspending Parliament, and no-deal Brexit planning papers.

The vote passes by 311 to 302 - a majority of nine.

25 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:
What now Bozo

Posted at 19:3319:33

BREAKINGMPs pass emergency debate motion

4db5ca1a-1ce7-48de-b415-cf885adb8ecf.png

House of Commons

Parliament

The government is defeated on Dominic Grieve’s humble address, which calls on ministers to publish correspondence over suspending Parliament, and no-deal Brexit planning papers.

The vote passes by 311 to 302 - a majority of nine.

Have you not grasped the concept that Parliament is accountable yet? 

They can pass whatever motions and laws they wish, and we have every right to remove them from their seats if we don't like them. 

Eventually, there will be an election, then we will see what PEOPLE think, not Parliament. 

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Have you not grasped the concept that Parliament is accountable yet? 

They can pass whatever motions and laws they wish, and we have every right to remove them from their seats if we don't like them. 

Eventually, there will be an election, then we will see what PEOPLE think, not Parliament. 

Bring it on i say

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I suppose by that reasoning, when a political party loses an election, they should disband ?

Farage has been fighting the EU for 25 years, losing the referendum COULD have made him rethink, but the only reason he is in the news today, and heading up a powerful political entity, is because elements in the government have no respect for that referendum.
The only reason you know his name is because people support him.

I was responding to the fantasy claim made earlier, nothing more nor less.

One of the bonuses of Brexit is that it's meant we barely heard from Farage for the best part of three years.

Powerful political entity - do me a favour, more like one trick pony show.

6 hours ago, Scully said:

Why should MPs be forced to accept no deal or the WA?